PDA

View Full Version : Remove the samurai

DownBuffalo2257
07-19-2017, 04:45 AM
I hate the god damn samurai in for Honor they are all ****ing ******ed weaboos who all have some dumb *** that you get ****ed by

Moondyne_MC
07-19-2017, 07:05 AM
LOL oh man, you're really gonna hate it when they buff the whole faction. Samurai are generally regarded as having the weakest cast.

Legacy_Zealot
07-19-2017, 08:39 AM
LOL oh man, you're really gonna hate it when they buff the whole faction. Samurai are generally regarded as having the weakest cast.

^

Wonder if they will get a shield hero...

From my experience all my anime watching friends that also play for honour pick Samurai. Makes them feel as close to be Japanese as they can?:rolleyes:
Seems like an unnecessarily hateful post though. At least it isn't forum spam, something like male sex supplements I thought I saw the other day :eek: Just don't hate on them, you can play them too. You can also create your own match with bots and play against the Samurai you have a hard time dealing with :o

DrinkinMyStella
07-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Shugoki is an animal in the right hands and I hate him lol

SerArthur-Dayne
07-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Orichi is a bit weak, shinoobi could use something after the needed kick nerf, maybe a big deflect buff.

Zwerqi
07-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Orichi is a bit weak, shinoobi could use something after the needed kick nerf, maybe a big deflect buff.
Shinobi's deflect is ok. But maybe half a bar more health. a max of 3 bars.

UbiInsulin
07-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Hi guys, the response to this thread has been excellent so far and I really appreciate it. That being said @DownBuffalo2257, let's avoid flaming or insulting people who play other factions. Specific feedback on the heroes is always welcome.

BTW, you can count me as another weaboo who plays samurai. :cool:

Antonioj26
07-19-2017, 03:34 PM

No way, shinobi already has the best deflect in the game with 50 guaranteed damage. That's better than most of the casts light parry punish

Legacy_Zealot
07-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Orochis deflects are pretty good I would say. The dodge distance is also very good.

MetalDevil19
07-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Don't be mad cuz we won 2 rounds already. lel

bmason1000
07-19-2017, 04:02 PM
No way, shinobi already has the best deflect in the game with 50 guaranteed damage. That's better than most of the casts light parry punish
For real, his deflect is seriously powerful.

Lyskir
07-19-2017, 05:26 PM
they have to be really carefull for the samurai buffs, for example orochi buff without zone flicker fix or nerf top light dmg would be insane ( and i mean serious buffs not like....uhh kensei buffs^^)

btw vikings only have one really viable hero and that is warlord ...valk,zerker and raider will forever be mid tier, knights have at least 2, pk and warden
if they buff the entire samurai faction ( and again i mean BUFFS not...buffs :P) then they have to buff a few vikings...then a few knights and so on

its a cycle of tier placements that is repeating forever But only if they do it wrong (overbuff raider stampede)

Antonioj26
07-19-2017, 06:37 PM
there's a lot better characters than Warden.

for example there's Lawbringer, Centurion, Valkyrie, and Raider.

"A lot better?" Nah, they are all about the same level aside from raider if you are abusing his stampede and I would argue that valk is worse than all of them.

Antonioj26
07-19-2017, 06:50 PM
with leg sweep? she's far from worse then all of them, in fact she did CC before centurion became king of CC.

Leg sweep is very high risk for very little reward. It requires two attacks to even do so you know it's coming and if the defender guesses right (or has good enough reactions to dodge a 600ms telegraphed attack) then they get a free gb. 25 damage is a small reward for potential punish of 25-55 damage depending on the opponent if there's a wall nearby.

dragon_samurai7
07-19-2017, 07:16 PM
I hate the god damn samurai in for Honor they are all ****ing ******ed weaboos who all have some dumb *** that you get ****ed by

WOW man. I don't get why the samurai faction gets all this hate. but i will ask you two qes
1- who is your main hero ?
2- What is teh hardest and easiest match up for you from the samurai faction ?

advice: learning yu hero movestset is only the first step. next you need to read your opponent and anticipate his actions. and lastly try to imagine hard scenarios and how to get out of them. this way you will come a winner 9 times out of 10

Antonioj26
07-19-2017, 07:29 PM
but once you're in the leg sweep it's easy stun lock the opponent for quite some time.

if they aren't dead from the stun lock, they probably gave up and went afk until the match is over.

it's just like the centurion pin lock, only Valkyrie covers an area, which can lead to more than 1 opponent tripped at a time.

No it's not, you only get one heavy off after a sweep. Anything after that is the fault of the defender since everything else can be blocked or dodged.

Antonioj26
07-19-2017, 07:35 PM
what i meant was if you go for a leg sweep while they're still recovering from the previous leg sweep, they really can't do anything about it.

Except you can't do that, you can't get off the attacks quick enough to initiate another leg sweep

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 05:32 PM
then 95% of the Valkyries i fight must be using some sort of cheat engine, because that's exactly what happens to me, every time.

Nope you are just letting them hit you with the second hit instead of blocking it and then instead of dodging the sweep you're letting yourself get swept. Granted if you attempt and fail to block the second light the sweep is guaranteed but that's due to the way dodging and guard switching works (which should be fixed), not some sort of cheat or character design flaw.

Tobias96716
07-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Shinobi is a joke right now...kick usless....ranged attacks...useless...everything is so telegraphed and with low health and stamina well....he is the weakest hero there we have access to.

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 06:10 PM
lol ok, if there's any time to block before the second sweep, it's marginal and not worth bothering.

Clearly you are Someone who has never played Valkyrie, I'm sorry to say this but it's not the character it's just you.

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Shinobi is a joke right now...kick usless....ranged attacks...useless...everything is so telegraphed and with low health and stamina well....he is the weakest hero there we have access to.

I responded to you in the thread you created, hopefully that will give you some insight into the character.

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 06:22 PM
lmao sure, i have played valkyrie, she's top tier.

and "it's me"? so we can't have a proper argument without throwing an insult now can we?

i'm great on my Warden, even though he doesn't have anything good to show for it i can still top scoreboards consistently.

You can take it as an insult if you want but it's just a fact that if you are having trouble blocking the second attack after a sweep than it's entirely on you. It's not the character. Everything after the first attack can be defended against. If you think warden has nothing then again that's just the fault of you. If valk was top tier she would have a good representation in tournies, she doesn't. You know who does? Warden.

Edit: if you play valk than you know what you said was wrong. Or to prove me wrong tell me the exact combo needed to get these guaranteed sweep til exhaustion combos you are talking about.

JibletHunter
07-20-2017, 06:30 PM
lmao sure, i have played valkyrie, she's top tier.

and "it's me"? so we can't have a proper argument without throwing an insult now can we?

i'm great on my Warden, even though he doesn't have anything good to show for it i can still top scoreboards consistently.

Honestly, just ignore antonioJ. Doesn't even play anymore and one of the reasons this community is going down hill. Hes the definition of a keyboard warrior with tons of time on his hands.

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 07:24 PM
a fact, sure, i'm bad even though i top scoreboards constantly. :rolleyes:

if you're throwing insults i might as well bash you by saying you're most likely the reason Warden has a garbage kit right now.

as for the combo you requested;

light, light, sweep, repeat, continue until opponent dies of choking on spam.

If you want to take it as me saying you're bad than that's just you again. Never said that, just said you are failing to block. I'll make a video when I get home in a few hours of that combo you listed being blocked and parried. If you think his kit is garbage again that's on you, you just said that you top charts with him so how garbage can it be?

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 07:30 PM
there's nothing to open a turtle effectively, no good combos besides the vortex (which even that is predictable and easily counterable), and shoulder bash is just meh.

Right which is why warden still has a good showing at high levels of play. Sorry but if it's easily counterable and predictable than that goes back to your own limitations. Warden is still regarded as better than most in the competitive scene and that includes valk.

AmericanBalls
07-21-2017, 02:23 AM
I for one thought this was one of the best comments ever, I literally laughed out loud.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 05:37 AM
a fact, sure, i'm bad even though i top scoreboards constantly. :rolleyes:

if you're throwing insults i might as well bash you by saying you're most likely the reason Warden has a garbage kit right now.

as for the combo you requested;

light, light, sweep, repeat, continue until opponent dies of choking on spam.

https://youtu.be/FaSpuvfwQQQ here you go. Hopefully you'll use this as a way to counter your own weakness.

Ulrichvonbek111
07-21-2017, 09:14 AM

This is a very sneaky below the belt move,,a poisonous strategy that is trying to influence players from a certain faction..
How sad and desperate are you to post this bile as to try and make a mind set.
Your venomous plan I'm sure shall be nullified in the minds of decent people who shall see straight through your petty and treacherous attempt of causing racial hatred within the game.
All of this so you can win shiny ornaments and an imaginary war.
This is the same sort of hate fuelled tactic as last season.
I don't think your venting your poison just to get it off your chest but more as a sheer malicious desperate tactic to have people think and feel the same leading to having an influence on the final result for the round..
A vile evil joke,,yes you are.

Zwerqi
07-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Are you kidding? I main Shinobi and I'm litterly killing the battlefield. stats like 17:3, 15:0, 16:2 allmost every round. U have so many different possibilitys to attack including kick, RGB, Sicle rain, Did you even know about the quad dash? i guess not...you, my friend, have no skill

The_B0G_
07-21-2017, 01:45 PM
^

Wonder if they will get a shield hero...

From my experience all my anime watching friends that also play for honour pick Samurai. Makes them feel as close to be Japanese as they can?:rolleyes:
Seems like an unnecessarily hateful post though. At least it isn't forum spam, something like male sex supplements I thought I saw the other day :eek: Just don't hate on them, you can play them too. You can also create your own match with bots and play against the Samurai you have a hard time dealing with :o

They really shouldn't get a shield hero, correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but wasn't using shields against bushido? They thought if a shield as a weakness, those who would use shields were afraid to die, and therefore would die. Something like that anyway...

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 02:48 PM
mmm, there is a marginal amount of time to squeeze out a parry or dodge.

i'm going to guess it's 500 ms or something like that, which you'd have to have the reaction time of Neo on a mixture of speed and molly.

thanks for the vid though.

lol 500ms doesnt require the reaction times of neo. On my channel you see my training against a level 3 valk and I consistently block and parry her light attacks which are 500ms. This is what I mean when you have to accept your own limitations and stop blaming the character. I'm no pro, above average for sure but 500ms is much more manageable nowadays. If you cant consistently parry, then dont and just block. The sweep is still 600ms, requires 2 attacks to land, and highly telegraphed with an audio queue and a large yellow sweep. I pretty much don't even bother using it unless its for an OOS punish against decent players.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 02:49 PM
all you have to do is dodge backward, how is that hard to counter?

Ask the people at much higher levels of play why they are consistently hit by it if the solution is that simple and then get back to me.

UbiInsulin
07-21-2017, 02:58 PM
They really shouldn't get a shield hero, correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but wasn't using shields against bushido? They thought if a shield as a weakness, those who would use shields were afraid to die, and therefore would die. Something like that anyway...

Here's a response to this question from an r/askhistorians moderator a few years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/16ekic/is_it_true_that_there_were_no_shields_in_japan/ .

Tl;dr: "a shield was seen as obtrusive and got in the way of moving around freely for the style of fighting that the Japanese did, particularly with spears." No idea if it's true, but they usually do a great job of policing bad answers on that subreddit.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 03:06 PM
yeah, except on console 500 ms is an issue, then again i assume "pee sea muster race" doesn't have that issue because you're making it sound like it's no big deal.

must be nice to have the game balanced around your version of the game isn't it?

Yeah, except I'm on console. Anymore excuses?

Vakris_One
07-21-2017, 03:11 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/a93206c19e1d9c3c644b832be27edae2/tenor.gif

So much gaijin love... it brings a tear to the eye *sniff* :)

The_B0G_
07-21-2017, 03:51 PM
don't some samurai minions have shields? if so, then they're breaking the bushido code all the time.

Yeah I noticed how the minions had shields right away, after reading UbiInsulin's post that can make sense though, considering the minions fight in formation and would be considered farm hands and not professional soldiers.

The_B0G_
07-21-2017, 04:50 PM
don't some samurai minions have shields? if so, then they're breaking the bushido code all the time.

Here's a response to this question from an r/askhistorians moderator a few years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/16ekic/is_it_true_that_there_were_no_shields_in_japan/ .

Tl;dr: "a shield was seen as obtrusive and got in the way of moving around freely for the style of fighting that the Japanese did, particularly with spears." No idea if it's true, but they usually do a great job of policing bad answers on that subreddit.

Alright so it wasn't so much against bushido, but just not as efficient with their fighting style and duel type warfare. So basically if Ubi wants to stay to the actual samurai style, they shouldn't have a shield warrior.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 05:07 PM
"excuses", another insult to throw on the pile.

if you're on console then you obviously meet the "Neo on a mixture of speed and molly" requirements, because it's obvious to see even in your own video that the timing to counter Valkyrie's leg sweep is minimal.

She barely even got the sweep off and thats because It's easy enough to just block the second hit to prevent it from even coming out. They are excuses, I don't know what you want me to say. We are talking about where the characters fall in terms of how strong they are and If you are being hindered by your skill the character is barely relevant.

Crackatawa96
07-21-2017, 05:34 PM

if you're on console then you obviously meet the "Neo on a mixture of speed and molly" requirements, because it's obvious to see even in your own video that the timing to counter Valkyrie's leg sweep is minimal.

Golf, I'm gonna give you some advice for fighting valk as you gave for fighting warden. Just dodge backwards.

UbiInsulin
07-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, please don't insult each other personally over differences in opinions over the heroes. Thank you!

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 06:07 PM

Oh and the sweep is 600ms, same speed as shugos lights and we all know how superhuman you have to be to block those, amirite?

Ulrichvonbek111
07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
After seeing yet another venomous outburst against the Samurai I have to voice my concerns as to the reasons why they've been made at this time in particular.
We see that this is a poisonous desperate strategy from one faction to start a mind set within another certain faction as to influence the end of season result.
I'd like to think that the truly just players,,those who consider themselves warriors of great prowess,with integrity,shall not be swayed by these devious hateful posts.
Those certain people who're venting their bile are doing it why?
Could it be they are trying to whip up a frenzy,an unjust one at that?
All of their outbursts for the gain of shiny ornaments and victory in an imaginary war.
I have faith in the tenacity of those whom the hateful posts are being aimed at and trying to influence as to the outcome of the final round.
It's just like last season's treachery and hate mongering.
It's so obvious to all what faction breeds the most contemptuous self righteous zealot bile merchants.
The unchivalrous among them are an embarrassment to their knightly kin as to stoop so low with their method of scheming.
They have no honour,no self respect and hold every other warrior from other factions with such contemptuous disregard.
Yet again why?
For shiny ornaments?
For victory?
Without showing true honour this would be an empty meaningless victory.
I put my trust in the community,I have faith in the community and I respect the community,except for the certain few amongst the knights who try so hard playing the hate card to try and gain influence over another faction and have them as a mercenary force.

I am sure the true Nordic warriors bow to no one.
They stand proud and strong swayed by no one.
Certainly mercenaries to no one.
Be fair and resolute in your hearts,
Let the war come to an honest conclusion,,with honour.

Smuggler007
07-21-2017, 08:43 PM
After seeing yet another venomous outburst against the Samurai I have to voice my concerns as to the reasons why they've been made at this time in particular.
We see that this is a poisonous desperate strategy from one faction to start a mind set within another certain faction as to influence the end of season result.
I'd like to think that the truly just players,,those who consider themselves warriors of great prowess,with integrity,shall not be swayed by these devious hateful posts.
Those certain people who're venting their bile are doing it why?
Could it be they are trying to whip up a frenzy,an unjust one at that?
All of their outbursts for the gain of shiny ornaments and victory in an imaginary war.
I have faith in the tenacity of those whom the hateful posts are being aimed at and trying to influence as to the outcome of the final round.
It's just like last season's treachery and hate mongering.
It's so obvious to all what faction breeds the most contemptuous self righteous zealot bile merchants.
The unchivalrous among them are an embarrassment to their knightly kin as to stoop so low with their method of scheming.
They have no honour,no self respect and hold every other warrior from other factions with such contemptuous disregard.
Yet again why?
For shiny ornaments?
For victory?
Without showing true honour this would be an empty meaningless victory.
I put my trust in the community,I have faith in the community and I respect the community,except for the certain few amongst the knights who try so hard playing the hate card to try and gain influence over another faction and have them as a mercenary force.

I am sure the true Nordic warriors bow to no one.
They stand proud and strong swayed by no one.
Certainly mercenaries to no one.
Be fair and resolute in your hearts,
Let the war come to an honest conclusion,,with honour.

Overthinking it much? lol drink some Sake and bask in your women much like we Vikings have been doing with ours. ;)

UbiJurassic
07-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Hi guys, the response to this thread has been excellent so far and I really appreciate it. That being said @DownBuffalo2257, let's avoid flaming or insulting people who play other factions. Specific feedback on the heroes is always welcome.

BTW, you can count me as another weaboo who plays samurai. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/owIoM33.png

CandleInTheDark
07-22-2017, 01:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/owIoM33.png

You do realise you risk starting another star wars meme-off >.>

UbiJurassic
07-22-2017, 01:51 AM
You do realise you risk starting another star wars meme-off >.>

The risk was calculated. Posting a singular Star Wars meme is fine, but when it almost becomes an entire page on the forum, that's when it becomes a problem.