PDA

View Full Version : NPC Language

AhmedYoussef95
07-17-2017, 11:37 PM
I was curious as to what language the NPCs speak in the game. The main characters obviously speak in English, and some of the NPCs occasionally say something in English. But most of the NPCs speak another language that can be heard throughout the gameplay demo videos and there are no subtitles for it. Does anyone what language that is?

Kiroku
07-18-2017, 12:47 AM
Since almost every AC that takes place somewhere where people dont speak english mainly it will most likely be egyptian.

In Unity and also in AC1 and AC2 they say something in the specific language if I remember correctly.

Alex_Yakub
07-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Most probably, native egyptian NPCs speak coptic, a language descendant from ancient egyptian. And greek NPCs speak greek, obviously

jdowny
07-18-2017, 01:07 PM
I read/heard in a dev interview that since no one knows what the Ancient Egyptian language sounded like, they went with a combination of Aramaic-Coptic-Greek, since the conquest of Alexander the Great had been more than 200 years ago, and Greek influence had therefore spread into Egypt through the Ptolemies.

cawatrooper9
07-18-2017, 02:26 PM
I'd imagine it'd be a mix of a more native language as an almost sort of ambient thing, with English exclamations ("Another caped crusader?" "Is he drunk" etc) in the player's language.

WendysBrioche
07-21-2017, 05:01 AM
My guess is Coptic or something like that