PDA

View Full Version : More atmospheres, ambient sounds and backgrounds

akilyoung
07-17-2017, 02:34 PM
I will say, I did like the inclusion of back ground imagery in the FC4 IGE.

But why 1?

Id like to see quite a few options, as that should be pretty easy to add, give us:

-Several mountain ranges
-A distant forest
-Distant islands (ie FC3)
-Rolling foothills
-distant cityscapes
-Nothing/endless water (ie FC3)
-Outer space!

It would be nice to set our maps in an environment surrounded by these scenes, complete with the ambient noises that go along with them, along with the ability to change the atmosphere like in FC4, but with more options.:)

akilyoung
07-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Your right Simon, The fake forest were one of my favorite assets too, when used properly, they really added a nice effect without using budget. And the FC2 had ambient noise thatll never be beaten imo, though you couldnt really select the noise at that point, it was still so memorable.

Fallen-Champ
07-19-2017, 02:04 PM
I am currently making a new map which has some indoor areas, there is no sound to add for this, would be good to get something that would work for indoor maps.

CAFFEIN8TED
07-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Would also be interesting to have some animations in them like planes/jet-stream overhead, the fog animations in the mountain range, precipitation in the distance, etc...

akilyoung
07-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Would also be interesting to have some animations in them like planes/jet-stream overhead, the fog animations in the mountain range, precipitation in the distance, etc...

This is a fantastic idea! If it was manageable to do this on console with out slowing the framerates. If not, just add in the animations on PC, and leave it out on console.

AW LOST SOLDIER
07-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Would like to have a selection of music intros for custom multiplayer maps. music plays for about 10 seconds at start of match.