PDA

View Full Version : Butters - Not a Buddy?

TheChrisTBH
07-17-2017, 01:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7U8z16I.jpg

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH- Just found this image on the South Park wiki... DON'T tell me Butters is not going to be a playable buddy in this one... If he isn't, well, I probably won't be pissed because the amount of other buddies to chose from, but I will be slightly annoyed

However there is this scene which we only saw for like 1 second in the Behind The Scenes video

http://i.imgur.com/nSj289d.png

I really hope Butters is a playable buddy though. Natrually he'll probably join forces with Coon & Friends later on.

Grymmstrife
07-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Isn't there that one trailer where he says that someone payed him a lot of money to fight the kids?

TheChrisTBH
07-17-2017, 07:04 PM
He's in a lot of trailers, sometimes as a villain and sometimes as a part of a whole group. By the looks of it, I think there's an entire "infiltrate Chaos' lair" section of the game, and Butters as Professsor Chaos is clearly gonna be a boss. My guess it that it will sort of be the fake climax like the Cartman or Kyle boss battle in the last game, before the actual life threatening issues gets out of hand. But judging by that buddy list, Butters isn't available!

Grymmstrife
07-17-2017, 08:42 PM
I like how that screenshot shows a tab for titles and summons. Maybe we can get different titles that have different effects and hopefully we'll get summons that we can use more than once a day. I wonder what new summons they'll have?

TheChrisTBH
07-19-2017, 09:22 PM
I wonder if summons are still an insta-win, or how they'll work with the fact that last game you could only use them once a day, but now you can spend time outside at night

Grymmstrife
07-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Probably insta-win or super high damage but in a certain direction on the field or a shape in the squares.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 05:26 PM
"Coon and friends, assemble: Recruit up to 13 members of Coon and Friends to your cause, including Mysterion, The Human Kite, and the infamous Coon himself" - Game Description on amazon. Thirteen. That's one more buddy than what we can see in the first screenshot I posted. Hopefully that's Butters.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Yeah hopefully it is Butters and not Mintberry Crunch lol.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 06:03 PM
I doubt they'd make him a full fletched buddy. There's no doubt he'll appear though. I would guess he's a summon.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 06:09 PM
I wonder if it'll follow the same formula as Stick of Truth where we start out on Cartman's side then we get to choose which side to fight on. I'll most likely end up staying with Cartman and only doing the other side for the Achievements.

TheChrisTBH
08-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Most definitely. Cartman is gonna send us to join the Freedom Pals as a spy, and I guess after a while we'll get to decide wether to actually stay there or return to Coon & Friends. I'm sorta thinking of sticking with Cartman too because, he's "the ****ing Coon!" I'm definitely gonna replay it and chose other options, and also replay as a girl at some point, as a lot of the dialogue will differ.

Grymmstrife
08-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah thats what I'm going to do. For me though its the principle of the matter. You guys are are supposed to be friends and the other guys bail because they think they should get more attention sooner than they are. The pic of phases Cartman had covers them all along the way and Freedom Pals get butt hurt. Then Stan betrays Coon and friends and I don't know what to believe anymore lol. This game is going to be great.