PDA

View Full Version : Your Skill = ON PAR with Enemy

Mia.Nora
07-16-2017, 11:49 PM
my *** :mad:

I played games where it says it is ON PAR against ;

A. Players who can barely block, who cant parry anything, probably doesn't know CGB exists and keep attempting to spam top heavies or dodge attacks again and again even when I parry them every single time

B. Players whom I can not sneak in any attacks, amazing at every parry, CGB without fail, and plays like a pro when it comes to feints and 50/50s GBing me every time I dodge.

Are you telling me both spectrum of players are on the same skill level?? Matchmaking was always ****, it is nothing new that it sucks so bad. What drives me mad right now is that this is supposedly the FIXED version. And we will go back into years of data collecting so they can attempt another utterly useless change in 2029.

tbtsrjc
07-17-2017, 03:05 AM
+1 lol

EmeraldCthulhu
07-17-2017, 12:09 PM
First of all, matchmaking in this game has never existed. I don't even use the word "worked", the way it is now I would easier belive it's all smoke and mirrors then that they actually coded something.
But even if matchamking is there - welcome to a game that has a constantly shrinking playerbase. They couldn't match you with a on par opponent couse there is not enought of them playing.

Charmzzz
07-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Yesterday I had my personal "experience" of the new "skill feature": Dominion Rematch, I was starting with 3 Bots on my team. Skill indicator said I was 2 arrows lower than my allies and on par with the enemies. Long story short, the Bots did not get a single kill but I had 10+ in the end. Matchmaking? True-Skill? Sure...

Draghmar
07-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that this indicator is weird. I had 4v4 where it said that I was a little below my team and on the level of opposing team. But thing is everyone at the opposing team was overall rep 20+ and on my team everyone had something like 0 (yes, a zero rep) up to 5-6rep. I had 23rep as a reference. So my understanding is this: this indicator looks on the K/D and W/L but doesn't account for number of fight/time spent on playing. Which means if someone just started and had had good start he will be paired with top tier players.
And if the whole matchmaking works this way it would explain why there are so imbalanced gameplays that people always referred to.

Gray360UK
07-17-2017, 12:24 PM
You have to remember that 99% of the time (well, 100% in my case) the matchmaking search is set to All Skill Levels, which means the skill side of the equation is out the window from the start. You are not matched with people of your skill level. I can't remember the last time I got a Your Skill match-up (some time back in the first month probably). Of course the On Par indicator thing should still be accurate in terms of showing the differences, but it doesn't surprise me that it isn't. I don't know how exactly this game thinks it is measuring skill, but it has never held true for me.

Charmzzz
07-17-2017, 12:37 PM
If the indicator would show the truth, oh my gawd, imagine that! People would go crazy on the forums! Oh wait... ^^

Draghmar
07-17-2017, 12:45 PM
You have to remember that 99% of the time (well, 100% in my case) the matchmaking search is set to All Skill Levels[...]
So...yeah...I forgot about that. :D

If the indicator would show the truth, oh my gawd, imagine that! People would go crazy on the forums! Oh wait... ^^
:D

Obdach01
07-17-2017, 02:33 PM
This is how I imagine it:

Game takes into concideration the K/D ration, but does not differentiate between AI or PvP games played. Sometimes it tells you on par with your team full of AI players, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fail. I do play a lot of AI games, and when I hop into a PvP game and am on par with my team or enemy, I am absolutely not surprised, when they are better than me.
It also just takes the overall stat into account, so when said player uses a toon for the first time, the game does not account for that (surprise!!!).

This is my assumption, and I would NOT be surprised if it actually were like that... simply useless. This indicator can just as good go away. No one would miss it, since it is just another stat confusing players, not clarifying anything.