Ezio

Connor

Edward

Arno

Jacob

Evie

Megas_Doux
07-16-2017, 11:42 PM
Altair from the Assassin perspective exclusively. I mean, the guy gave his life for the order from cradle to grave with its high and lows for both him and even the order. He was kicking "backsides" even in his late 80's while also unveiling the secrets of "those who came before" at the same time he crafted inventions and strengthened the order to the point of becoming the most legendary assassin to date without any doubt.

However and taking into consideration other factors such as the "originality" of the story, voice actor and the sheer fun I had and STILL have playing the game make I have to pick Edward Kenway here. Sure, Edward was FAR from even novice assassin, let alone a devoted one for like 90% of the game. I mean not only he even killed assassins at the beginning of it but almost caused the destruction of the caribbean brotherhood as a whole.

I like his story though because he chose to joined the order due to him becoming a "wiser" man, as simple as that. It wasn't vengeance, duty, or redemption what motivated him, just Edward feeling the Brotherhood makes the world a better place.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/f2/6c/b4f26c44a80914fc2b1437a24f5367fb--assassins-creed-black-flag-assassins-creed.jpg

You would see all of mankind corralled into a neatly furnished prison, safe and sober, yet dulled beyond reason and sapped of all spirit. So, aye... with everything I've seen and learned in these last years, I do believe it.

Ahoy, Captain Kenway!!!!!

Xstantin
07-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Story/character-wise - Edward, since everything about him worked within the story almost perfectly imo. Voice acting also helped.

Outfit and overall look relative to the setting - tailored Arno and Aguilar

I had most fun running and fighting around as Connor cause I think his animations are still the best.

cawatrooper9
07-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Since Haytham probably doesn't count, I'll have to say Connor or Edward from a story perspective.

Aesthetically, I'd say Arno.

Control wise, Ezio.

dxsxhxcx
07-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Altair, because IMO his story is the most mature of all the Assassins we played as until now.

Green_Reaper
07-18-2017, 12:23 AM
Altair is really iconic in the lore and for the series. I think he positively revolutionized the order to a certain extent, and that's something you can really admire about a character like him.

Kiroku
07-18-2017, 01:01 AM
Altair

"When I was very young, I was foolish enough to believe that our Creed would bring an end to all these conflicts. If only I had possessed the humility to say to myself, I have seen enough for one life, I've done my part. Then again, there is no greater glory than fighting to find the truth."
―Alta´r to his son Darim during the Mongol attack on Masyaf, 1257.[src]

IsAZebraACat
07-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Adewale

RinoTheBouncer
07-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Ezio Auditore Da Firenze
Altair Ibn La-Ahad
Connor / Ratonhnhake:ton
Edward Kenway
Adewale
Evie Frye
Arno Dorian
Jacob Frye
Aveline de GrandprÚ

From my experience with Bayek in the E3 demo and all the released material so far, I feel like he's gonna come right after Altair.

SixKeys
07-18-2017, 11:57 PM
Alta´r. Purely for nostalgic reasons.

Megas_Doux
07-19-2017, 02:03 AM
I'll going to add more categories for the sake of it.

Favorite character: Edward.

Best Assassin: Altair

Aesthetically: Arno in the tailored outfit , AC I Altair and Evie in her main outfit..

The one I enjoy "controlling" the most in terms of combat, navigation, etc: Connor and then Arno

Favorite moment: Ezio finds Altair, Altair vs Al Mualim and Connor kills Haytham.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2017, 11:07 AM
7. Jacob, the stupid slack-jawed menace to society
6. Arno, the utter sociopath
5. Evie, the nerd
4. Altair, if we're strictly talking AC1, where he was way more of an emo d-bag than nostalgia would have us believe
3. Connor, the lovable but inconsistently characterized Lawful Good
2. Edward, the most flawed but well-rounded character in the series
1. Ezio, because nostalgia wins errytime

cawatrooper9
07-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Since Haytham probably doesn't count, I'll have to say Connor or Edward from a story perspective.

Aesthetically, I'd say Arno.

Control wise, Ezio.

I'll going to add more categories for the sake of it.

Favorite character: Edward.

Best Assassin: Altair

Aesthetically: Arno in the tailored outfit , AC I Altair and Evie in her main outfit..

The one I enjoy "controlling" the most in terms of combat, navigation, etc: Connor and then Arno

Favorite moment: Ezio finds Altair, Altair vs Al Mualim and Connor kills Haytham.

Well, going off of these, I'd have to make some changes.

Favorite Character: Also Edward (again, assuming Haytham doesn't count)

Best Assassin: I think Ezio has too much going on outside the Brotherhood, and while Altair is the obvious answer that's only because we've seen his entire life. I'm actually gonna go out on a limb here and say Connor, as he managed to bring back the Brotherhood from total annihilation.

Aesthetically: Still Arno. Dude's got style (and options!)

Control: Still Ezio. Let me jump to my death accidentally if I want to, dammit! :p

Favorite moment: The Parting Glass

Bastiaen
07-19-2017, 04:01 PM
Connor

Arno

Edward

Ezio

Evie

Altair

Jacob

WendysBrioche
07-20-2017, 05:52 AM
I have a strong bet Bayek might become my favorite come October.

We haven't seen all that much of him, but what we have so far seems to be a good sign, I mean for me.

Plus I absolutely love his robes, they look very proto-assassin. Can't wait to see how they decide on the costume and other traditions for what will become the brotherhood.

Pre ac origins, my list is something like:

Heads up sorry guys I wrote a book

1 Arno ya, bring on the hate, but i guess i have a soft spot for Arno. I like his voice acting, personality, his sense of morality, even his puppy dog sort of quest where ge cares for nothing but the life his life love Elise is at least admirable, though innocent and perhaps immature in regards to the needs of other people in the story.

Biggest reason here though is literally I like his robes, this game had the best customization by far of all the games impo, and the robe combinations I've made in this game are some of the best looking assassin robe sets for me I've had in the games, except for maybe Ezios AC II unarmoured robes, Connors, and Edwards armoured default robes plus all pistols, but I usually lean on thinking the Arno robes look the best.

2 Edward Kenway ya another soft spot. But people actually like this game. XD

3 Altair he'd go on top of this list, but I've decided his personality is too cold blooded and dogmatic for my taste these days. AC I's still one of my favorite of the series, and while I don't care as much for Altair anymore, I still think this game had the best and most baseline pure Assassin's Creed brand of story. Just a personal opinion.

4 Ezio Robes, one of the most liked characters, we all know why we like Ezio. XD 3 games and amazing in each one.

My complaint about him is he seemed fairly foolish in AC II. He spent all of his first game on a revenge quest, doing the bidding of all these strangers, all the while convinced everything he's doing is exactly right, and mostly he is.

What I didn't really like about the Ezio story was he never really stopped and questioned the efficacy of the Brotherhood. And this goes back to killing everyone who tries to create order in the name of liberty, but by destroying the attempts of trying to create peace through means of control, are you really keeping the peace yourself?

Every armed and violent revolution in history had the same sort of idea behind them to justify the killings of millions. In principle, Ezio never seemed to question this in terms of the philosophy or practically of the problems the doctrine of the Assassin's can present as a function of society and in times of war.

He seemed a bit to be this hound dog 1 man army of the Assassin's. I'm exaggerating that, but these things and the refusal to question and certain confidence at times would strike me as willfull ignorance if not for the fact that the antagonists by Revelations also desired means of peace I disagreed with.

Oh and chesare was a jack hole. Screw him.

5 Evie Frye I should probably put her higher than Ezio, I actually like her character, and think hers was very cleverly made for her target market. But I haven't even beaten Syndicate yet and pc just blew and I'm not sure if I can recover my save games from cloud.

Beating the game, I may put her above Ezio if she's amazing. Have to beat it first.

6 Connor At least he questioned the efficacy of the Brotherhood. Robes were cool.

I put him low on the list though because the scene in the courthouse or wherever where they sign the declaration and he gets up and screams "Charrrllllllesssssss Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" is among the most irksome moments of any video game series Ive played to date. And George Washington in this game was just.... yuck.

I liked his character though, one story arch I truly enjoyed was the one with his lifelong friend Kanen'tˇ kon, but there wasn't much on this due to the essential main story, and sadly if players never went back to the village per sequence, they missed out on the development of the two characters adult relationships.

7 Jacob Frye this ones definitely going at the bottom. Like a kid with willfull will of mind created hyperactive attention deficit, that Assassin's Chistmas seen, so irksome. Indeed. Truly. Plus I hate steampunk.

Other main characters are games I haven't played.

Fatal-Feit
07-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Arno's my favorite. His sarcasm and general personality, his quest for love and his reflection on his life, I relate a lot. His default robes are also my favorite in the series as well. Ezio is becoming a close second for similar reasons.

cawatrooper9
07-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Arno (and Unity) is actually aging pretty well for me, too.

I think the people that predicted that Unity would eventually get a big cult following were definitely onto something.

Xstantin
07-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Arno is great, and could be my favorite but I just really dislike how coop events get thrown in chronologically when he was supposed to be kicked out and drinking somewhere else.

Sushiglutton
07-20-2017, 09:13 PM
Ezio by far. We had such a wide range of moments with him over several years. And he did it all with charm of course. Impossible for any character to beat him in just one game.

WendysBrioche
07-21-2017, 03:59 AM
Arno (and Unity) is actually aging pretty well for me, too.

I think the people that predicted that Unity would eventually get a big cult following were definitely onto something.

It really is sad, with a more fully furnished game Unity would have been fantastic.

Imagine if it had missions similar to Brotherhoods DaVinci war machines,

Or full scale armed battles from the revolution, horses, carriages like eventually Syndicate had, missions where you lit and fired canons.

Unity could've been a fantastic game and one of the best installments in the series.

It did always bum me out a bit how much people overlooked Arnos character in light of all the problems Unity had at launch.

There really was a ton of good stuff there. The animations in that game were incredible, especially for assassinations, I still discover animations I didn't know about today. And the enterable buildings =O drool.......

strigoi1958
07-22-2017, 02:36 PM
Haytham :) Polite, charming, a wolf in sheeps clothing and although not a member of the Assassins fraternity... an assassin by deed. :D Still my favourite

WendysBrioche
07-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Haytham :) Polite, charming, a wolf in sheeps clothing and although not a member of the Assassins fraternity... an assassin by deed. :D Still my favourite
I liked Haytham too.

Connor: What are you going to do then?

Haytham: *Looks back with a strange look* Never you mind! Just do as I say!

I was always sad how Edward got so totally screwed after Black Flag, daughter apparently sold into slavery and Haytham inducted into the Templars.

Haytham rescued his sister though, bad sadly never discovered his comrades were behind it.