PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Ubi, maybe for future live stream?

SwellChemosabe
07-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Perhaps no one will agree with me but I'd very much like to see maybe a small glimpse into the teams and groups that work on the game day in and day out. Maybe in some future live stream there could be some kind of tour of the different departments? Maybe introduce the audience to the people behind the scenes? I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or if it's already been done (I don't always have time to watch the live streams all the way through so I just come to the forums and read the notes that they put underneath the videos). But I feel like it would be a nice way to let the community know that "Hey! look at all these people! They work hard so that you can enjoy the game!". Am I alone in this thought?

Jarl.Felix
07-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Perhaps no one will agree with me but I'd very much like to see maybe a small glimpse into the teams and groups that work on the game day in and day out. Maybe in some future live stream there could be some kind of tour of the different departments? Maybe introduce the audience to the people behind the scenes? I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or if it's already been done (I don't always have time to watch the live streams all the way through so I just come to the forums and read the notes that they put underneath the videos). But I feel like it would be a nice way to let the community know that "Hey! look at all these people! They work hard so that you can enjoy the game!". Am I alone in this thought?

If you put it this way, in my oppinion, it would be something like this : streaming an empty office with 3-4 amateur kid devs. This reflects the game status and service delivery.

SwellChemosabe
07-16-2017, 10:40 AM
If you put it this way, in my oppinion, it would be something like this : streaming an empty office with 3-4 amateur kid devs. This reflects the game status and service delivery.

Well I'm just hoping that, in spite of the games issues that it has, maybe the community seeing the teams behind everything actually working on it, ideally in groups larger than two's and three's, might change the perspective. Cause I get it, the game can be frustrating at times with everything that still needs improving. But I'm also not one to judge because A) I'm not a game developer, I have no idea what actually goes on in the development and maintenance of a game. B) Even if I was a game developer, I didn't create this particular game, so despite what I would know, there's probably still a variety of variable that I couldn't account for. To me it just feels like there's a lot that people don't understand the difficulty with rearranging all these aspects of a video game that demands a lot just perform well.

Overall I just think it would go a long way into changing the perspective of an already toxic and frustrated player base for the better.

EDG_Avocado
07-16-2017, 02:13 PM
yes.... the stream is boring with only talking bout the updates and watching gameplays

CandleInTheDark
07-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Despite the fact that there isn't an ubi office in New York, there was an ubi office as the last or second last safehouse in the Division complete with three devs around a computer in the basement and a For Honor poster on the wall. I wondered why the For Honor images were familiar and I found out about that easter egg when I was looking the safehouse up for this post lol.