PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on mission 4

WhiteStarAUS
07-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Hi captains and commanders.

I have a big problem with mission 4 with the planet killer in it.

I have been stuck on the mission for 2 months now and feel utterly defeated.

Can any one help with a walk through for this mission ???

How many missions are in the game that I may never see ??

Please help utterly stuck

BB_Coolcat
07-15-2017, 06:23 PM
There are 5 story missions in total, plus the Kobayashi Maru intro mission. After that there are the ongoing procedural missions (they are a bit different every time you play them), but you should already have access to them.

Our strategy for mission 4 was something like this:

Repair Impulse engines, WarpCore, then scanners.
Go for stealth as long as possible: Shields off, Torpedoes charged but then disarmed, Engines on 4000.
Try to disable engines of ships that get too close to you.
You will take damage from flying in impulse. Therefore evade the Klingons as long as possible, and repair as much as possible. Repairing impulse engines + warp core seems to cause you taking less damage.

However, we needed like 4-5 attempts when playing with 3 players + 1 AI crew.

Goshdarnit
07-15-2017, 07:12 PM
Here's a link to my YouTube video showing a successful Mission 4 (with a very drunk Tactical Officer). It might give you some guidance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgzOEoFk-8k&t=25s

filmgeek47
07-16-2017, 01:16 AM
Lots of different approaches to this one. Personally, I find it helpful to try and engage the first few ships you encounter in the initial area. If you have engineering throw all repair crews on phasers right away, you can usually dispatch the first two or three ships in that first area quite quickly. After that, I'll usually try to run quiet for as much of the game as I can. Try to wait as long as possible to warp from place to place. Definitely take advantage of obscuring anomalies. You'd be surprised how well you can stay hidden from a fleet of enemies if you keep shields/torpedos down and stay at/under 4000 engines.

God Speed.

Goshdarnit
07-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Completely agree with filmgeek47. Stealth is absolutely vital in this one. Stealth and engine intrusion. Delay the impulse engine use until you absolutely have to leave, and avoid combat. It's all about running the clock down without getting into combat.

Captain_Summers
07-17-2017, 03:13 PM
This is my favourite mission, because if you do it correctly you never have to fire on any ship (even at the final part) and you are never detected, you also never have to impulse after you've reached the Herodotus either meaning your engineer gets bored. It's quite easy if you have a good helmsman (Or do it yourself) and you can read the situation. I've tried it without ever looking at the local map, but you really have to have an excellent tactical officer as well as a great helmsman to do it.

Just don't be an idiot and try and fight every time you see a red ship. Consider the lives of the crew under your command and the passengers on the Herodotus and it's quite simple.

daxas01
07-17-2017, 04:54 PM
OK - if you have not done it by now. Send me a pm, ill help you finish it. It's not that hard