PDA

View Full Version : Misc stupid newbie questions

Dreadnought77
09-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Just got a few random newbie questions I couldn't find the answer to. If you wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd appreciate it.

1: What is 'Vulching'? Is it like respawn camping?

2: Do you know of any offline single missions/campaigns/qmbs, whatever, that you can use an IL2t (torpedo bomber) against ships? Torpedos look like fun, but I never got a chance to play around with them. Also, does anybody know how much they weigh, roughly? It seems torpedo bombers sacrifice almost all other armerment just to carry 1 or 2 torpedos. Against boats, are torpedos that much better than, say, a 1,000 pound bomb and a couple rockets? (Which would also leave plenty of bullets for me to spray harmlessly into the sky in 1 gigantic burst...speaking of which, they need to add a Crowbar/Knife/Brass Knuckles/Chainsaw for melee air to air combat. Am I the only who watches the history channel documenteries about Soviet aces challenging German aces to knife fights?)

3: Is it possible to harm the people fleeing their rides, and if so, is there any advantage to it? I've honestly never killed a ground crew and left the vehicle intact (that I know of).

4: Kinda related to 3...is it possible to kill *AI* pilots/tailgunners with a lucky shot? I know the AI can kill your gunners and pilot this way, and I know it works online, but I can't seem to recreate this against the AI. I seriously spent like half an hour in the QMB setting up 1 on 1s against B-17s and He-111 trying to take out the pilot going straight at the cockpick. I tried to do the same against the tailgunners. I shot down several with sustained fire to the cockpit/turrets, but I never saw the gunners stop firing, and I defenitly never saw the plane just go 'limp' like the pilot was hit. I've seen many people complain about this with FB/AEP/Something, and had it happen to me in multiplay several times, but Ill be damned if I can master it.

Thanks again.
Dreadnought

Dreadnought77
09-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Just got a few random newbie questions I couldn't find the answer to. If you wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd appreciate it.

1: What is 'Vulching'? Is it like respawn camping?

2: Do you know of any offline single missions/campaigns/qmbs, whatever, that you can use an IL2t (torpedo bomber) against ships? Torpedos look like fun, but I never got a chance to play around with them. Also, does anybody know how much they weigh, roughly? It seems torpedo bombers sacrifice almost all other armerment just to carry 1 or 2 torpedos. Against boats, are torpedos that much better than, say, a 1,000 pound bomb and a couple rockets? (Which would also leave plenty of bullets for me to spray harmlessly into the sky in 1 gigantic burst...speaking of which, they need to add a Crowbar/Knife/Brass Knuckles/Chainsaw for melee air to air combat. Am I the only who watches the history channel documenteries about Soviet aces challenging German aces to knife fights?)

3: Is it possible to harm the people fleeing their rides, and if so, is there any advantage to it? I've honestly never killed a ground crew and left the vehicle intact (that I know of).

4: Kinda related to 3...is it possible to kill *AI* pilots/tailgunners with a lucky shot? I know the AI can kill your gunners and pilot this way, and I know it works online, but I can't seem to recreate this against the AI. I seriously spent like half an hour in the QMB setting up 1 on 1s against B-17s and He-111 trying to take out the pilot going straight at the cockpick. I tried to do the same against the tailgunners. I shot down several with sustained fire to the cockpit/turrets, but I never saw the gunners stop firing, and I defenitly never saw the plane just go 'limp' like the pilot was hit. I've seen many people complain about this with FB/AEP/Something, and had it happen to me in multiplay several times, but Ill be damned if I can master it.

Thanks again.
Dreadnought