PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking ban? Since when?

AgentCelt
07-14-2017, 11:06 PM
I've been really trying to get back into this game lately. I've played it quite a bit today and it's been alright. Much more stable than what it used to be.

I just quit a match mid way though. I kept being put against the exact same person in a duel 6 games in a row. Each game he kicked my *** 3 - 0 and with the exact same character. It was boring and I wanted to play someone a bit easier because this guy was just too good for me. So I quit at the start of the game so I could find someone else. And now I'm banned for 10 minutes. I know 10 minutes isn't a lot but seriously? There isn't even a ranked game mode on the game and I'm being banned for leaving? Why does this game annoy me so much.....

UbiJurassic
07-14-2017, 11:16 PM
We implemented the quit penalty back in patch 1.08. The way it works is that a player will receive a 10 minute penalty if they quit a game mid way through. However, there is a 30 second grace period at the start of the match that will allow you to leave without penalty.

bmason1000
07-14-2017, 11:17 PM
We implemented the quit penalty back in patch 1.08. The way it works is that a player will receive a TEN minute penalty if they quit a game mid way through. However, there is a 30 second grace period at the start of the match that will allow you to leave without penalty.
fixed. I got you.

DimmerScroll021
07-14-2017, 11:24 PM
fixed. I got you.

I know it sucks to not be able to quit a match when you are clearly outmatched, especially with the current state of matchmaking. But the devs really did it with the intent that it would help stability of matches.

And personally if I am getting annhilated and feel the need to quit, it actually does help as it gives me a few minutes to recompose and clear my head.

Just my personal thought, but I can see some people's frustration with it. Especially in a bot match.

UbiJurassic
07-15-2017, 12:07 AM
fixed. I got you.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/5BTyQlNh8Ugmc/giphy.gif

Good catch! Sorry about that. :p

AgentCelt
07-15-2017, 12:17 AM
We implemented the quit penalty back in patch 1.08. The way it works is that a player will receive a 10 minute penalty if they quit a game mid way through. However, there is a 30 second grace period at the start of the match that will allow you to leave without penalty.

Why was it implemented? I don't understand.... if it was a ranked match then I'd understand but in casual game modes? What possible reason could you have to ban people from quitting?

bmason1000
07-15-2017, 12:18 AM
I know it sucks to not be able to quit a match when you are clearly outmatched, especially with the current state of matchmaking. But the devs really did it with the intent that it would help stability of matches.

And personally if I am getting annhilated and feel the need to quit, it actually does help as it gives me a few minutes to recompose and clear my head.

Just my personal thought, but I can see some people's frustration with it. Especially in a bot match.
100% agree with that. If I'm ever so frustrated that i feel like i need to quit a match, i totally need a ten minute break haha. Its nice. I am in full support of this penalty. Less quits, more stable matches, less bots on both teams and a short break when i clearly need it most but probably wouldn't have taken it on my own.

You're also correct that peoples frustrations are understandable. For me, personally, quit penalty has been nothing but an improvement. But i get it.

UbiJurassic
07-15-2017, 01:22 AM
Why was it implemented? I don't understand.... if it was a ranked match then I'd understand but in casual game modes? What possible reason could you have to ban people from quitting?

Players habitually leaving to requeue has been a problem for sometime now, so the rage-quit policy was implemented to prevent abuse of the quit option.

Krisstash
03-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Yeah you are just forggeting one little thing, we payed too play this game so we decide when do we play and when not, i would understand you getting banned if you ragequit 22 games in a row, but if you are 1vs1 and the other player for some ****ed up reason has 16 level whatever the **** you want to called more than you, im not staying there.

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Yeah you are just forggeting one little thing, we payed too play this game so we decide when do we play and when not, i would understand you getting banned if you ragequit 22 games in a row, but if you are 1vs1 and the other player for some ****ed up reason has 16 level whatever the **** you want to called more than you, im not staying there.
Then leave within the first 30 seconds rather than leaving only if you start to lose. You forget that other people payed to play this game too and they don't deserve to get cheated out of a PvP match mid-way through a 1v1 or 2v2 just cos another player decides to rage quit.

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 12:25 PM
Players habitually leaving to requeue has been a problem for sometime now, so the rage-quit policy was implemented to prevent abuse of the quit option.
Yes but on PC there is an infamous enigmatically floral player that has been habitually rage quitting since at least Season 2 with no penalties applied to him or his account.

I wish the devs would take that player's case more seriously but they seem uninterested and so we continue to see that player making a mockery of bypassing the leavers penalty. They are so famous for rage quitting that their name is a meme throughout the community and I'd wager that over 70% of the PC playerbase have reported them in some form or another.

xAnaToMx
03-27-2018, 08:14 PM
I've been really trying to get back into this game lately. I've played it quite a bit today and it's been alright. Much more stable than what it used to be.

I just quit a match mid way though. I kept being put against the exact same person in a duel 6 games in a row. Each game he kicked my *** 3 - 0 and with the exact same character. It was boring and I wanted to play someone a bit easier because this guy was just too good for me. So I quit at the start of the game so I could find someone else. And now I'm banned for 10 minutes. I know 10 minutes isn't a lot but seriously? There isn't even a ranked game mode on the game and I'm being banned for leaving? Why does this game annoy me so much.....

Rightfully so, you bounce and think you will get away with it, think twice now before leaving. you're ruing someones fun.

UbiInsulin
03-27-2018, 10:20 PM
Yes but on PC there is an infamous enigmatically floral player that has been habitually rage quitting since at least Season 2 with no penalties applied to him or his account.

I wish the devs would take that player's case more seriously but they seem uninterested and so we continue to see that player making a mockery of bypassing the leavers penalty. They are so famous for rage quitting that their name is a meme throughout the community and I'd wager that over 70% of the PC playerbase have reported them in some form or another.

Jurassic wrote that in July of last year. Gonna go ahead and close this thread as this is pretty clearly a necro.