PDA

View Full Version : State of the Game July 13th, 2017

Ubi-Johan
07-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:

Last week on State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-295857-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32), Community Developer Yannick Banchereau talked about the ongoing PC PTS and showed appreciation for all the valuable feedback we have received from our lovely community since its launch.

It was a solo show this week again, as Yannick provided some clarification of the ongoing situations with the PTS invites for consoles.

If you weren't able to catch the stream on Twitch, make sure to check out the VoD (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158822853).

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/today_249540.jpg

This week’s routine maintenance was cancelled as no changes were needed on the server side.

Today’s State of the Game focused on the Console PTS, where Yannick provided some insight into the ongoing situations with the invitations and what is currently being done on our end to address them.

The console PTS opened today for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at around 12:00 CEST and keys for our European players was sent out yesterday.

We have noticed that many of you believe you are eligible for participation by fulfilling all the criteria but despite this have not received an invite. We are listening to your concerns and are looking into the possibility that something might have gone wrong with our selection process and we are also looking into if there is anything we can do to amend this in the future. The criteria that were communicated still hold true and were not changed.

Unforeseen circumstances with the keys for our players located in the Americas have caused a delay in them being sent out to you. We realize that this is a source of frustration amongst our American players and we are working hard to get the keys out to you as soon as possible! We are hoping to have them out to you by tomorrow, Friday the 14th of July.

In addition, there was also a batch of keys sent out to players located in certain Asian regions that are ineligible to participate in the PTS. This was a mistake in our selection process and we apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot make the PTS available for our Asian players due to the region having a completely different set of processes when dealing with first parties.

If you have been receiving a “Not-eligible” error message when trying to complete the registration, it is likely caused by having signed in to the wrong Ubisoft account. Make sure that you are logging into the Ubisoft account that received the email and that is tied to your PSN or Xbox account.

Recalibration is currently disabled on all platforms due to bugs present in the current build that caused unrealistically high stats to be achievable. This renders the data acquired from the recalibration useless and we would therefore like to see that you focus your efforts on testing the other Update 1.7 content and balance changes until we can deploy a fix.

The Global Events feature is currently disabled on the console PTS, but not for long! There is a patch scheduled for tomorrow that will enable this feature for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Join us next week on Twitch for talk about the latest PTS developments.

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/tomclancy-thedivision/game/lookingforward_249535.jpg

The next PTS update is currently scheduled to go live early next week for PC users and we are investigating if and when we can make the patch available for our console players.

We hope to receive plenty of feedback from our PTS participants as we value your input greatly. Make sure to leave your suggestions and feedback on the Official PTS Forums and let us know what you think about Update 1.7!

As always, be sure to join us over on the Official Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498) or on the community Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/) if you’re looking for a place to discuss all things related to The Division.

Until next time!

The Division Dev Team

TwoBears1012
07-13-2017, 10:36 PM
Has anyone already received an email from Ubisoft regarding the USA PTS invites. Checked my email and I have nothing. Just wondering, thanks for any help.

zxbob
07-14-2017, 08:08 AM
Received mine yesterday

karatefl
07-15-2017, 03:37 AM
I didn't receive an invite and I'm in the top 2200 with time played and play and average of 6 hours a day and got screwed over. Typical of Ubisoft to lie to us.

el_jin
07-15-2017, 08:34 AM
I received my Pts invite yesterday but still haven't got any code after I registered my participation. Many have received their codes straight after they registered.

el_jin
07-15-2017, 09:34 AM
I found my Pts code on my Ubisoft account management but it's not working when I enter it on my playstore redeem code. What should I do?

DisturbedJim83
07-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Well as a PC player "testing the other content" is a waste of time the gear our characters were wearing when the snapshot was taken have had their main stat for FA/ST/EL reduced to 1114 if it was recalibrated also the classified sets are all set to a fixed 1272 main stat so thanks but no thanks Massive I'll wait till you deploy the recalibration fix and a suggestion do some basic QA control before you push a patch to the server its pretty clear that zero QA Testing was done in regards to the Recalibration bug.

Either that or you knew this was a issue and pushed the patch out anyway, either way it doesn't say much for the professionalism of you QA department.

el_jin
07-15-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi guys, I received my Pts invite yesterday and registered to participate, got my code through Ubisoft account. When I try to use the code on my playstore, it didn't work. The error code I looked at psn support means the product or content is not applicable in my country or region. My theory is I think Massive sent me a code that only apply in the US. I'm in th UK but I received the PTS invite a day later than the European invites. If anyone in Massive can read this thread, please, could you send me another invite that applies to my region which is UK. I would really appreciate any help and support from you guys.

x FREAKA x
07-15-2017, 06:52 PM
This is crap...your selection process failed and the criteria was not executed properly. I have higher criteria than other friends. I've played longer and yet they received one and I didn't. Explain how that works? If you screw up, own it fully. Don't sugarcoat it with a half baked apology.

I have 106 days. Friends have 80....I play nearly every day....I qualified and should be there. I never left through all the updates. I stuck with the game when many other friends bailed. Loyalty means nothing apparently.

HNFPATEL
07-15-2017, 09:24 PM
I know a player with less than 20 days of playtime got an invite but I was not selected when i have 47 days of playtime.

LeeshLeesh1
07-15-2017, 11:33 PM
I still have not gotten an email. kinda upset since i've been playing from day one and played within the past 30 days just like you guys said what was required to get access for the PTS. I have friends that didn't even play that much and they got their invite WTH?! :confused::mad:

mrbrown773
07-16-2017, 03:13 AM
How is it that players that received the invite has not played more hours than me in the last 30 days get the invite and I haven't.

karatefl
07-16-2017, 04:30 AM
Freaka, I know the feeling. I have 84 days, 4 characters at lvl 30 and have played since day one. I'm in the top 2300 with hours played on Xbox but no invite. My nephew who been playing for 3 months got an invite. We've been Screwed!

tropolite
07-16-2017, 05:16 AM
Agents, incoming State of the Game transmission:

Last week on State of the Game (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-295857-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32), Community Developer Yannick Banchereau talked about the ongoing PC PTS and showed appreciation for all the valuable feedback we have received from our lovely community since its launch.

...We have noticed that many of you believe you are eligible for participation by fulfilling all the criteria but despite this have not received an invite. We are listening to your concerns and are looking into the possibility that something might have gone wrong with our selection process and we are also looking into if there is anything we can do to amend this in the future. The criteria that were communicated still hold true and were not changed.

The Division Dev Team

May I ask which criteria is correct, the one Yannick spoke of in an earlier SotG or the one specified on Ubisoft's FAQ???
See this post and the thread following http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696331-Communication-regarding-the-pts-on-console-could-have-been-better?p=12765923&viewfull=1#post12765923

I've been active from Alpha and throughout all the updates to TD. L30 on 4 characters, 100% ach on XBL, and spent many hours reporting back issues to Ubisoft Support, to this forum and thousands of hours of gameplay. So many discrepancies in the stories of people getting invites from those that had uninstalled the game and not played since 1.2 yet got an invite, to those that have only played for less than 30hrs. Quite disappointing.

As I suggested elsewhere it may be good to invite players to opt in to the PTS, and when they do issue a code for them and 3 extra codes for friends (their squad), so that squads of players can test and report back issues etc on the forums (similar to what Ghost Recon Wildlands did for their beta testing). A couple my friends got invites yet are unlikely to report issues to the forums as they have not done so in the past.

It is just disappointing as I was taking a break from playing constantly since closed Alpha build while the PTS (I was getting acquainted with other games to bring further ideas to TD), was being planned and prepping, waiting for each SotG for information on the PTS, but when the information came it was basically already closed, yet I thought as I've been on within the last 30days and it is based on gameplay hours from launch I'd be fine. Seems like that's not the case.

llGiDD0ll
07-16-2017, 01:50 PM
I made pts update. Why can not I enter global events off the terminal ? Offline writing I am using pc