PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Cain

Elder-Kalakta
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
So I heard recently that the Assassin's Creed anime might mention or even feature Cain and Abel and their ideologies which are the roots of the Assassin and Templar ideologies.

Does anybody find it odd that Eve keeps getting mentioned everywhere but not Adam? Why's that? Could it have something to do with Cain?

Some have speculated that Cain is the Father of Understanding as he was the first Templar. We have seen that Sages sometimes have deep roots in the Templar Order, and tend to be more old fashioned like Germain and John.

What if Cain was the first Sage? What if Adam was captured by the Isu during the war and Juno took the opportunity to make him her first test subject where she proceeded to inject Aita's DNA into his own as a twisted irony to the one who helped start the human uprising.

So Adam and Eve may have conceived the very first Aita reincarnation who was more in line with the "humans must be controlled" train of thought due to having Isu memories along with his.

I could be completely wrong, these are just some thoughts that popped up lately.

ze_topazio
07-13-2017, 12:37 AM
At first I thought you were talking about this series:

http://images.multiplayer.it/thumbs/images/2009/05/10/10369.legacy-of-kain-defiance-per-ps2.nzqra_jpg_300x300_q85.jpg

lol

cawatrooper9
07-13-2017, 03:01 PM
So I heard recently that the Assassin's Creed anime might mention or even feature Cain and Abel and their ideologies which are the roots of the Assassin and Templar ideologies.

Does anybody find it odd that Eve keeps getting mentioned everywhere but not Adam? Why's that? Could it have something to do with Cain?

Some have speculated that Cain is the Father of Understanding as he was the first Templar.

To me, the "Father of Understanding" sounds more like an Adam figure than Cain. "Father" is a patriarchal word, and while Cain had a child it's kind of hard to compete in the patriarchal department with the guy who some religions claim is literally the grandaddy of the human race.

Then there's that other word... "Understanding"... Seems like a pretty open-minded word for a group like the Templars, unless you take it to mean less so in a empathetic sense and more so to mean "comprehension". There is that story about Adam and the Tree of Knowledge, after all...

Plus, it would be a nice dichotomy- the Assassins and Eve, with the Templars and their Father of Understanding as Adam. Perhaps Adam and Eve weren't even enemies, but just had some philosophical differences (that they, in a healthy prehistoric relationship, were able to overcome) on what to do with the Apple.

Abelzorus-Prime
07-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Yeah perhaps the philosophical differences didn't bother Adam and Eve, but eventually led to the rift between Cain and Abel.

Elder-Kalakta
07-13-2017, 09:35 PM
At first I thought you were talking about this series:

http://images.multiplayer.it/thumbs/images/2009/05/10/10369.legacy-of-kain-defiance-per-ps2.nzqra_jpg_300x300_q85.jpg

lol

And here's me wondering how long it's gonna take for someone to get the reference. Literally the first response lol. Ze Topazio, well done.

Cawatrooper and Abelzorus Prime, you both raise some good points about Adam and Eve finding ways to resolve their differences more peacefully or not being too fussed about them. I wonder who gave Cain his Mark? In the Bible I think it was God, could it have been an Isu who gave him the Mark?