PDA

View Full Version : #Ragequit, farewell

SikanderAzam
07-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Since the beginning of season 2, I've been speaking with more experienced players and trying to be active on the forums finding out how to do what, but I have to reach the conclusion that what I see as the profound imbalance and clunky mechanics are just too much for me to handle. I appreciate the advice from forum goers which I've had access to over the last two months, and I might peek in in a few weeks after season 3 is launched to see if anything has changed, but I've taken as much of this as I can for now.

Sick of For Guardbreaks
Sick of having a cent in every game making sure to launch into unblockable chains from behind me if I try to fight someone else honorably
Sick of having a third of the games I play get an error and DC
Sick of defensive meta
Sick of the 100,000 tiny bugs that are too small to warrant attention individually but together are like a swarm of mosquitoes constant infuriating us
Sick of getting shinbone GB from behind into a free rain of scythes which = free kill if he has a friend
Sick of brushing against spikes and magically getting impaled, because this is 1998 and physics engines don't exist yet
Sick of the highest scoring player on the other team consistently being whoever denies fair combat and opts to wait to get easy ledge kills
Sick of many other things that I won't enumerate

This is one of those games that I've come to hate, because it addicts you to the concept of what you want it to be, but it isn't really that thing so it just leaves you frustrated and unsatisfied, yet wanting to come back and try again or tell yourself if you just practice more maybe it'll get better. But that game doesn't really exist, and I'm just going to get frustrated trying to stick around and "get better" when ultimately the actual game that exists right now is just not my thing. I remember in the first decade of the 2000s everyone always whining about EA Games constantly releasing unfinished products without really caring about balance or reliability then either saying **** it and never bother fixing it or taking years to fix basic things, and I can't help but feel like Ubi has thus far done that with FH. I don't really blame the front-line devs, because I know that they've been stripped down to a skeleton crew and ordered to release content that can get people to pay for season passes, so they don't have time to focus on balancing and stabilizing the game. But that's the reality. So concept 9/10, execution 2/10.

GG, I relinquish my controller and declare my official RQ. You have bested me, FH.

RenegadeRasta
07-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Shinobi* 2017*

Casper5632
07-12-2017, 04:09 AM
Its so hard to keep playing this game. 1/8 matches are legit fun, and then 7/8 you are dealing with ****ty matchmaking, or ****ty class design.

guor6800
07-12-2017, 08:17 AM
As dear Gray mentioned in another post.

If you can comply with the terrible balance,terrible connection the whole terrible situation that is for honor right now and accept that you gonna face these things for honor is really a rough diamond.

But for many casuals that get back home from 8-10 hours of working getting one disconnect/error after the other and when you finally get matchmade you are ****ted in the face from centurion ganksquads this game is dead. I play to relax not to get next level cancer.

Personally i have taken a break for a time and i am just waiting to see what this hyped super uber defensive meta patch on august will bring.

Legacy_Zealot
07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Another one... How many people do we have to lose for Ubi to realise there is potential for this game to be a success if they just put more resources towards it. What's better, a fully functional well balanced game that will sell well at launch and have multiple DLCs and other things to expand the games life and better their reputation. Ort making a quick 'buck' as Americans would say, at the expense of their reputation. Its a real shame because I would never buy Ubi games then I saw R6S and decided to give them one last chance. I wasnt there for when Siege was a **** storm full of disconnects. But I dont think it was this bad? Surely not in 2017. But this game I think is the final nail in the coffin. I wont be buying more Ubi games. But I will be continuing to play the game in hopes they realise some people do care and that they can save this unique game.:o

Gray360UK
07-12-2017, 10:21 AM
I think the saddest thing about For Honor is posts like this, from genuine, decent gamers who want to enjoy the game but just can't. We've all seen ragers and whiny crybabies who threaten to quit over the slightest thing, that happens on every forum for every game and always has done. They can be spotted a mile off, you know the type, it's not the game, it's them. You shrug them off as just a part of gaming and take comfort in the fact that apart from those few, you belong to a community of happy people with a long list of good things to say about the game, happily enyoying it with no problems. For Honor is not that. For Honor is full of people who desperately want to love the hell out of this game, but just can't. Sad to see.

Legacy_Zealot
07-12-2017, 11:19 AM
I think the saddest thing about the For Honor is posts like this, from genuine, decent gamers who want to enjoy the game but just can't. We've all seen ragers and whiny crybabies who threaten to quit over the slightest thing, that happens on every forum for every game and always has done. They can be spotted a mile off, you know the type, it's not the game, it's them. You shrug them off as just a part of gaming and take comfort in the fact that apart from those few, you belong to a community of happy people with a long list of good things to say about the game, happily enyoying it with no problems. For Honor is not that. For Honor is full of people who desperately want to love the hell out of this game, but just can't. Sad to see.

Could not have been put more succinctly. :(