PDA

View Full Version : Centurion solution

Lucifist666
07-11-2017, 05:23 AM
If the match starts and there is one in the game. Leave. Simple. They are ruining the game. I call for a game wide strike. If no one plays against them maybe people will stop being pathetic chumps and quit using them.

kweassa1
07-11-2017, 06:23 AM
...or alternately, git gud.

This usually works way more directly, is a better fundamental solution in every way, and much more satisfying as well. :rolleyes:

Or maybe, why not just call a "strike" on any class anyone feels they don't like much, and ruins their fun?

Oh wait.. people already do that... it's called 'rage-quit"... which causes 90% of the network instability, desync, and match dumps. :rolleyes:

Mia.Nora
07-11-2017, 06:32 AM
If the match starts and there is one in the game. Leave. Simple. They are ruining the game. I call for a game wide strike. If no one plays against them maybe people will stop being pathetic chumps and quit using them.

That's already have been a thing for a while now. I do all the time and see others doing it all the as well (when where are more than one centurion on my team).

When developers fail to properly balance their game it is the players who take initiative in their own hands. However the way it works in FH is really poor. They should have done what every other game does, allow a ban phase.

BAN PHASE: Each team votes for banning ONE hero from enemy picks, the most voted hero gets banned from enemy picks. Problem solved, that automatically balances all problems in other games. Here we have to quit instead. Poor thought on development.

guor6800
07-11-2017, 07:24 AM

Oh wait.. people already do that... it's called 'rage-quit"... which causes 90% of the network instability, desync, and match dumps. :rolleyes:

No man.100% of network instability,desync and match dumps are caused from ubisoft incompetence to get a decent coding.
For once again stop accusing the community for the company's mistakes.

ChampionRuby50g
07-11-2017, 07:32 AM
No man.100% of network instability,desync and match dumps are caused from ubisoft incompetence to get a decent coding.
For once again stop accusing the community for the company's mistakes.

No, he's right. Today, 5 times at least at the start of the game someone left (none of us play Cent in my team) and 4 out of 5 times, so 90%, the game ended up dropping. One Centurion is not bad to fight against. When maiming my LB I never had problems. Now playing Raider it's a little harder, but that's perhaps because I'm still getting used to him. Cents only have real power during ganks. The attacks are easily blockable, the parry window on UB is fairly easy to get right. Their are a few issues, admittedly, such has the stamina. But most people do need to get good other than complaining. Leaving a game purely because you don't like a hero on the other team is just pure scum, causing more issues for other players. If you can't get out of your own shell, and realise that every fight has a winner and loser, maybe these type of people will enjoy the game more.

guor6800
07-11-2017, 07:41 AM
No, he's right. Today, 5 times at least at the start of the game someone left (none of us play Cent in my team) and 4 out of 5 times, so 90%, the game ended up dropping. One Centurion is not bad to fight against. When maiming my LB I never had problems. Now playing Raider it's a little harder, but that's perhaps because I'm still getting used to him. Cents only have real power during ganks. The attacks are easily blockable, the parry window on UB is fairly easy to get right. Their are a few issues, admittedly, such has the stamina. But most people do need to get good other than complaining. Leaving a game purely because you don't like a hero on the other team is just pure scum, causing more issues for other players. If you can't get out of your own shell, and realise that every fight has a winner and loser, maybe these type of people will enjoy the game more.

This is my first online multiplayer where a player leaves and causes the whole match to crash. I have played many online games. I have dealt with a ton of leavers all these years and i despise as much as you do. But once more it is UNACCEPTABLE for a triple A multiplayer ONLINE game to crash because a guy left the session. It's my first time trying to play an ONLINE game that cannot access ONLINE.

ChampionRuby50g
07-11-2017, 07:45 AM
This is my first online multiplayer where a player leaves and causes the whole match to crash. I have played many online games. I have dealt with a ton of leavers all these years and i despise as much as you do. But once more it is UNACCEPTABLE for a triple A multiplayer ONLINE game to crash because a guy left the session. It's my first time trying to play an ONLINE game that cannot access ONLINE.

I agree, first online game in memory for me that has these issues. It's pretty crazy. I do think that the big heads ag Ubi realised how much they stuffed up on the release of this though, it's the final nail in the coffin so to speak. They know the next few games they release have to be top notch, otherwise no one will trust their company again. But I still have faith in For Honor and the team. These
Routers, or whatever they are doing for the connection soon will make or break it for me. Xbox notoriously has worse connection than other two platforms, so we are already behind.

kweassa1
07-11-2017, 08:21 AM

▶ Doesn't matter how many online games you've played over how long a span of time. You simply don't know what the issue is, and therefore arrive at the conclusion that it's the dev's fault, since you literally don't know any better.

P2P doesn't automatically mean "inferior"... and while all this hassle does make me think using P2P was ultimately a mistake, I don't necessary think it was a bad choice during development phases.

Woe to the devs -- they should have never assumed that players will keep to the code of conduct and sportsmanship... and they really should have predicted that most players would simply be immature dirks that ragequit all the time. :rolleyes:

So they give us a system that mostly works perfectly fine with all the strengths of P2P doing great -- but the given reality is most players are total losers with anger management issues and just ragequit on the game.... so it's mostly then -- when an unsportsmanly, childish, immature and simply sore, sore loser decides to pull his plug -- the greatest weaknesses of P2P manifest... and this is the developer's fault... huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's their fault for not making the game under the premise the players are dirks. :rolleyes:

It's like saying automakers are total dirks, and its always their fault when accidents kill people. They should give us "totally safe cars that never kill people", and it's totally their fault for not selling us one of those. Of course, casually ignoring the reality it's usually the drivers doing stuff they shouldn't be doing while driving a car that causes accidents.

So, let me remind you that automakers and their cars don't kill people -- it's the drunken and stoned, fooling around, distracted, dozing people that kill other people with cars, and much the same the P2P itself doesn't cause any serious connection problems -- PEOPLE do.

(ps) I'll make you a $50 bet that if they ever do change into a centralized server system, the exact same people will be then complaining about lag and how it's "killing the game", and they should "make a better code" to prevent lags from happening (dear god, as if that's possible). :D Ignorance does that.

guor6800
07-11-2017, 08:52 AM
▶ Doesn't matter how many online games you've played over how long a span of time. You simply don't know what the issue is, and therefore arrive at the conclusion that it's the dev's fault, since you literally don't know any better.

P2P doesn't automatically mean "inferior"... and while all this hassle does make me think using P2P was ultimately a mistake, I don't necessary think it was a bad choice during development phases.

Woe to the devs -- they should have never assumed that players will keep to the code of conduct and sportsmanship... and they really should have predicted that most players would simply be immature dirks that ragequit all the time. :rolleyes:

So they give us a system that mostly works perfectly fine with all the strengths of P2P doing great -- but the given reality is most players are total losers with anger management issues and just ragequit on the game.... so it's mostly then -- when an unsportsmanly, childish, immature and simply sore, sore loser decides to pull his plug -- the greatest weaknesses of P2P manifest... and this is the developer's fault... huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's their fault for not making the game under the premise the players are dirks. :rolleyes:

It's like saying automakers are total dirks, and its always their fault when accidents kill people. They should give us "totally safe cars that never kill people", and it's totally their fault for not selling us one of those. Of course, casually ignoring the reality it's usually the drivers doing stuff they shouldn't be doing while driving a car that causes accidents.

So, let me remind you that automakers and their cars don't kill people -- it's the drunken and stoned, fooling around, distracted, dozing people that kill other people with cars, and much the same the P2P itself doesn't cause any serious connection problems -- PEOPLE do.

(ps) I'll make you a $50 bet that if they ever do change into a centralized server system, the exact same people will be then complaining about lag and how it's "killing the game", and they should "make a better code" to prevent lags from happening (dear god, as if that's possible). :D Ignorance does that.

Dear Kweassa1. I ll try to keep it short. I don't need to be a chef to understand when a food sucks and it's badly cooked. I may cannot explain the exact reasons (which ingredients used wrong,temperatures etc) but i can sure tell that it tastes bad. Telling me that 15 years of gaming experience are irrelevant because you say so is the least i can think provoking.

But anyway, to the point.

P2P is indeed kinda inferior but its not my main case here.It's not about p2p vs dedicated servers. If you compare for honor with most p2p based games it is lacking. Let's take left 4 dead as example. Build with p2p around 2-8 players. Decent build. Not once in my experience had a session break down because of a player disconnecting/leaving/ragequitting etc. While in for honor nowadays a player leaves and you have a very good chance for the session to simply die.
So now i may not need to be a next level network expert but i can clearly see that the build is bad. Very bad.That's my case and i stand firm by it.
The rest of your post about comparing p2p and driving i think is a little out of the picture so no comment.

Have a nice day.

Trbevis
07-11-2017, 09:34 AM
I dont mind playing against one centurion, its only when there is two of them running around together, thats where it ruins the game, hopefully they fix him soon, and if they cant maybe a temp hero lock for one of each team, i dont know. It is unfair to stop people playing a hero they brought into the game but when theres two running around together it leaves people severely disliking the game. That is not what they want surely.... hopefully a solution comes soon

Legacy_Zealot
07-11-2017, 10:54 AM
To be honest. I've had centurion before he was released to all players. I would go into a game and batter everyone because no one knew the counters and he as a heatseeking blade. But people learned how to counter after time. Especially when released to all so they themselves could get a feel and see what his weaknesses are. Ubi have been saying that he is only OP in 4v4 which is true, but I have seen games where the a team with 3 cents have lost (No the cents weren't noobs) it was all about teamwork. While I agree they need a nerf I don't think they are as bad as people say. If a team is coordinated and skilled its pretty much a level playing field.

I feel as though a lot of people aren't willing to accept the cent for what he is. If they cant beat him he must be broken right? no. Play a duel or brawl as a cent and you'll see what I mean. Perhaps he is more powerful in a 4v4 because there is far more to focus on. I've been in that boat. You know where I finally get into a game and don't get a DC. But I get shredded by cents. Annoys me a lot because I normally search alone but if you don't get into situations where there are multiple cents, how will you know how to counter it?

I think the cent needs a small stamina pool reduction. Whilst having his stamina drain decreased also. If they don't want to decrease stamina drain, make his heavies a little slower?

Don't hate, I just don't think he's as big a problem as people make him out to be. Just in case people hate and assume I spam Cent. I'm only rep 1 cent. Which I achieved in the week where only season pass holders had him. Stopped playing him because I wanted to learn the other heroes.

The_B0G_
07-11-2017, 01:59 PM

It's a high skill based online competitive PvP... you think they assumed people wouldn't quit? Of course they knew people would be quitting, like others, this is the worst game I've played in years for connection problems, especially when matchmaking with friends and that's not including dropped games from people quitting.

Also as far as your vehicle comparison goes, if those accidents happened because the car people bought was shutting off every time you had to hit your brakes, then ya, it would be the makers fault.

I have no idea how anyone can play this game and think the connections are fine. I thought GTA V was bad until I played this.

JibletHunter
07-11-2017, 04:40 PM

I use bold text to make irrelevant analogies.

Also, I like to say GET GUD scrubs even though these are my states after almost 10 days of play! https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

I complain about people who complain constantly, yet I cant see the irony in that.

Archangel0818
07-11-2017, 07:13 PM
centurion is OP. anyone who says "git gud" runs around with a pack of them. if they are not fixed soon then I am done with all ubisoft games permanently, period

Ninguem2017
07-12-2017, 08:52 PM

I will always do that from now on, until they fix centurion or i leave the game.

KersmackIDKFA
07-13-2017, 07:51 PM
And so it begins, Roman's cancer hero drives the final nail. I see both points of view, however they admit it is broken and a massive fun suck from 4v4 modes. I just do not understand why they elected to not disabled it until they could fix it. Green backs I guess.

vgrimr_J
07-13-2017, 08:05 PM
apparently centurion has guardbreak cancel just saw one today

KersmackIDKFA
07-13-2017, 08:20 PM
While I have not seen that, or noticed it perhaps. I did have 1 today that was kicking me out of a gb attempt instead of counter guard breaking. As in he was able to start the kick up to cancel my gb and gave him the free punish from kick. Could have been lucky timing or latency. I have never had that happen before, and can not remember if it was in my region or not. But he did manage it a number of times throughout the match.

Epiphone34
07-13-2017, 09:10 PM
kweassa1, here we go again with the driving analogy. Don't you ever get tired of saying the same thing? Every single time someone says anything about the devs or your beloved centurion you come to the rescue. LOL. Give it a rest I am sick of reading your post acting like a hero. Get over yourself man. Like an advocate of justice. ahahahahaa seriously dude take it down a notch.

Gemoroda
07-13-2017, 09:51 PM
BAN PHASE: Each team votes for banning ONE hero from enemy picks, the most voted hero gets banned from enemy picks. Problem solved, that automatically balances all problems in other games. Here we have to quit instead. Poor thought on development.

I don't really think ban phase its a good solution because some people might get they'r only main hero banned. further more in this situation centurion would be banned for life giving the amount of haters in this game.

i posted a tweak solution not long ago that i think, if devs would actually take in consideration, would solve literally EVERY PROBLEM YOU ENCOUNTER AGAINST A CENTURION.

Here's the post for a detailed view:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696915-Centurion-tweaks-not-nerfs?highlight=tweaks
but if you want a summary of it, its "Centurion tweak in 3 steps":
1. Uncharged jab should take life not stamina, and not have the stun effect.
2. Charged jab should still take stamina, should cause stun, but SHOULDN'T knock down enemy.
3. Zone attack does half the (full) damage, but let it be cancelable on player choice (at least after the second hit), and speed the timing between first and second hit (not third).

I literally twisted my brains for 3 hours reading almost every complain people had against centurion, and tried to modify it without changing the core of the character. who knows. maybe if enough people vote and comment on it, (in my dreams) the devs might actually do it (i wish).

Archangel0818
07-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Just played 2 games in a row where I got uppercutted to interrupt my gb by cent and several times ended up off a ledge. I am following the whole strike on leaving any game where there is more than 1 centurion on a team until I see some actual evidence that the ridiculous one-sidedness of it has been fixed

Psydefisch
07-14-2017, 10:14 AM
I dont mind playing against one centurion, its only when there is two of them running around together, thats where it ruins the game, hopefully they fix him soon, and if they cant maybe a temp hero lock for one of each team, i dont know. It is unfair to stop people playing a hero

I recently started to quit games with centurion's squads or other annoying ganking teams. I'm sure that the one hero per team restriction will prevent this problem. In other games works great.