PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Race Candidate- The Octopus

LordKrillos
07-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Greetings, Space Monkey Program!
I'm bringing you the attention to a possible candidate of a race choice for the main character.

The Octopus Hybrid

SUMMARY
The Octopus Hybrids are understandably the most bizarre yet highly creative beings humanity has developed. The purpose of creating these hybrids varies, from laborers, craftsmen to spies. Those who become less domesticated became wise due to their high level of intelligence and land more productive jobs like a mechanic, craftsman or a surgeon, thanks to their flexible limps. They would even make excellent strategists, making the octopus hybrid a force to be reckoned with.

ADVANTAGES
The octopus hybrid has a large variety of unique abilities; morphing their flexible bodies, multiple extendable limps, health regeneration and producing a smokescreen of ink. But the biggest advantage the octopus hybrid possess is their underwater capabilities. They need no expensive underwater equipment that you would later need in the game to survive, so they can swim anywhere from the beginning. On the plus side, the octopus hybrids are also highly intelligent, making them excellent tinkerers and craftsmen.

DISADVANTAGES
Alas, even with their physical stability improved thanks to the human genome, the octopus hybrids suffers poor defenses and they occasionally need to keep their bodies wet or their skin will suffer from severe dryness. While the dryness doesn't harm much to the hybrid, they will become highly susceptible to extreme heat and cold.

ART DESIGN
https://img12.deviantart.net/d820/i/2017/188/c/7/commission___napalmkrillos_by_aniutqaart-dbfgvb1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ARi7Axc.jpg
(Art commissioned from the talented artist, Aniutqa)

That is it for my nomination. I'm planning to make more topics like this one once I figure out an candidate with useful abilities. But I also encourage you all to think of your own hybrid candidates with their own strengths and weaknesses so we could help inspire the BG&E2-team in their development. Hope you enjoy the read and share your thoughts after reading this. Till next time!

Legion-495
07-10-2017, 02:33 PM
I have to admit.
That looks really good and possible for the game.
I wonder how it would speak(the tone).

I hope you bring more uncommon hybrids to light.

CulturalLemur
07-10-2017, 07:54 PM
This is sick Beyond belief... heheh, get it?

I hope that someone at Ubi Montpellier will see this and BG&E2 team will consider adding some octopus people into the game, that would be pure awesome.

LordKrillos
07-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Would just like to mention that the reason why the Octopus Hybrid only has four tentacles instead of eight, is because the other four became the arms and legs and they would be just as flexible as tentacles.

Legion-495
07-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Would just like to mention that the reason why the Octopus Hybrid only has four tentacles instead of eight, is because the other four became the arms and legs and they would be just as flexible as tentacles.

Since its a hybrid, anything is possible. I mean we are at the point of modified creatures.
Still super like that :D

Folezicle
07-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Keep up the good work, hope to see more!

A hybrid to think about include Armadillo (I picture quite an intelligent character)