PDA

View Full Version : Loot Crates and other stuff

Canadian Beer42
07-10-2017, 04:41 AM
1. Ever since the start I wished they had added the loot crates into the map editor. But wait, there's more! All collectibles from the story should be in the map editor, such as lost letters.

2. Hell, even those things like Mani wheels should be in map editor. I doubt Mani wheels will be in FC5, but I'm talking about things that are similar to the Mani wheel feature.

3. Someone else said this but I just thought it was too smart; backgrounds. Some sort of wallpaper like background that just fills, well, the background of the map. So you don't have to spend time and map editor memory morphing the border of the map to make mountains. In case you don't know, adding the mountains around the border makes everything seem more realistic, cuz having some magical invisible line that doesn't allow you to pass it is obviously unrealistic. As well as having a square island with nothing surrounding it.

What are your thoughts?

Fallen-Champ
07-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Some of the modders brought things through to the map editor on PC so you could place lost letters, masks and loot crates into your maps.
They even have a store where you can purchase guns, you get XP for kills and finding things - can even sell animal skins and plants etc then buy weapons.

This kind of thing would have been really good for making better single player style maps, as said by some others the loot crates give out mostly crap that we sell so having the opportunity to dictate what is in the loot crate could mean people get say special weapons or quality things when they find the loot crate which in turn would have them looking for them and using them more.

Canadian Beer42
07-12-2017, 07:57 PM
It would be a good idea if we could make a full campaign with level linking and be able to set objectives. The only possible benefit of looting crates would be to get keys/passes etc that you had to find in order to progress.

Finding plastic elephants is just stupid.

Yeah, editing what to be in the loot crate seems like almost too much though, but it wouldn't hurt.

akilyoung
07-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Your right, that it would be nice to give an objective like that, make maps that allowed for seeking treasures etc.