PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward to Future Mapping with FC4 & Hopefully FC5.

Punish69th
07-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I was told about your forums today from a friend and thought I'd come back in to say hello to everyone and maybe share ideas. I signed up a couple of years back with Assassin's Creed under a different name VonPunish but should have used my GT: Punish69th. I couldn't change emails so I had to use the misses instead.
I already know some of you through other posts and PMs from mapping. I am an avid mapper for FC4. I love a system that is as easy to learn as the FC IGE, especially for an old fart such as myself. I have tried to teach a few of my other older friends but if the thrill of mapping isn't there, well you can't teach an old dog new tricks, at least except this one, LOL.

Anyway, enough of me. I still map with FC4 only on the Xbox One. I haven't used a PC in years for the fact I could not keep up with upgrading every few months or so. Being retired I have the opportunity to make Far Cry 4 maps every day, sometimes more than one. Most of my maps are from scratch unless I take an old map and re-edit it changing the name or version number. Making a map with snow or turning it to nighttime, old western maps, maybe a Skyrim, or Red Dead Redemption map.

My wishlist for FC5 IGE, that is, is if it comes:

1. Add breakable glass to windows and doors that can be opened and closed.
2. Make the water layers to be different sizes. (The water in FC4 is magnificent. The Large Lake blue texture is my fav.) But the fact that they are all one size is sometimes troublesome, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way?
3. The Hole tool is a great tool except for when you are trying to add a hole for caves and tunnels to the side of a hill or mountain. Being that it is the only square it is really annoying. It makes the hole jagged. The hole tool should have two options: A. Be able to set the tool to either square or round and: B. Being able to adjust the tool in the rotation unless the rounded idea is in effect.
4. Vehicles: It would be nice to have more types of static vehicles in the game editor like FC3 did with armor and aircraft. And hopefully, there will be flyable planes for the custom mapping editor.
5. I love the animals you have in FC4 but there are a few that would be fantastic like riding horses and bring back the sharks! Like FC3.
6. The weapon wheel is fine but only being able to carry 4 weapons at a time (not including bait, grenades, knives, Molotov, C4, and mines) makes it feel limited. Maybe in each of the 4 slots, being able to carry 2 in each?
7. I know it's asking for a lot but upping the AI to 100 soldiers would be great. After all, you can get 200 animals at one time and that is a lot of animation. Of course with the future XOX, there should be no problem there. :)
8. This is one gripe most of us mappers has with other players. Not nitpicking other mappers either. The uploading of multiple same exact maps taking up the server. Being there are only 45 slots per Hunt, Assault, Extraction, and Outposts. Many of us put in a lot of work on maps only to have them squeezed out by multiple senseless GREEN GRID maps. I can tolerate one at a time but I've counted 15 straight maps at one time because some players feel that their maps are not going to get played enough, every day there are always several same-maps uploaded multiple times. Bottom line, the grid was put in to align walls and other objects, not be used in map play, but then that's just me.
9. Please, 2-man CO-OP really takes a lot out of gameplay. At least make FC5 a 4-man CO-OP especially so more friends can join in and enjoy your creation at the same time.

I'm not trying to step on any toes here but this has been going on for the past couple of years. It's just one opinion of an old gamer/mapper.
I hope everyone has a great day? Thanks for listening. :)

Fallen-Champ
07-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Hi

I recently played some of your maps, I am on PS4 mostly then PC / XB1 (so lucky to be able to check out maps on all platforms)
The only downside I have on the ones I played was infinite ammo (unsure but maybe infinite health on some) I usually die but didn't so that's why I thought that way.

If I play a map that has infinite ammo I usually get through it and that's the last time I play it, I prefer something a little more of a challenge and don't mind playing some maps over and over until I get through them.

You make some nice maps on XB1.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Far.Cry.Maps/

If you are on facebook check us out at the link above, it's a private group mostly console with XB1 - FC4 map makers and no drama or egos etc - hopefully by the time Far Cry 5 comes out a lot of the old faces will be active along with the new map builders - should be a good time if they deliver a good game to us.

Farcryisdead
07-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Thats a good wishlist :)

ImGonaG3tUsucka
07-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Thats a good wishlist :)

I agree. I would really like to see all those things, Plus hosting a list of custom Multiplayer maps and Capture the Flag but like Steal the sample..

I would never put down the game if Far Cry 5 had all those features. Haha