PDA

View Full Version : 100 hours into the game - 2nd review time

Anarnam
07-09-2017, 03:20 PM
This review will be considerably shorter than my previous one where I expressed my feelings after 25 hours of gameplay.

TL;DR version - I'm done untill substantial changes are made

First off lets start off with things that are still positive for me:
1. General concept of the game - rly nothing to say here

2. Ubisoft did not give up on the game yet, they are still working and are more engaged with the community than in other games I believe

3. Graphics, costumes and various effects are still pleasing to look at

4. Character variety is a plus in the game (however this will be crushed in cons)

Now for my bad points (which grew inside of me for every single moment of my game) but only those that matter to me.

1. Absolute lack of balance for a game that plans on releasing ranked 1v1 mode. Since rankeds are initially planned to be 1v1, I don't understand how is that possible that such imbalances take place. While some people say that for example Conqueror is an absolute zero, is weak and bad, for me he is a total untouchable nightmare as nobushi. At the same time, some ppl claim that nobushi is a 1v1 most annoying character. I personally as nobushi hate both (supposedly weak) conqueror and shugoki. I absolutely disagree with current state of the game where some classes can beat some but stand absolute no chance against others. This will result in 95% conquerors and wardens (I think it will be conquerors and warden tbh) on highest ratings and other classes will cease to exist in the game.

2. PARRY. It all started 7 days ago for me. I was really ignoring the fact that the only losses I had were due to an overparrying piece of ***t player (or just an extremely good player) who was only reading my movements and feints, just to parry and make that top heavy or w/e. I like using light attacks, but once I see a player that is focusing on parrying rather than actually playing the game, I must play in a turtlish way, looking for easy damage just to finish the guy off after 3-4 minutes. As nobushi I dont have many opportunities to feint an attack due to insanely huge stamina costs on every single thing she does, plus her light attacks are insanely easy to parry (when I play nobushi vs nobushi she is indeed the easiest one to parry). The punishment some classes have when they parry light attack is so huge that every time I'm parried I'm close to hitting that alt+f4 button. Another thing - some classes have similar visuals to both light and heavy attacks, for nobushi you can very easily predict which one is coming and which one is actually worth parrying - thats another type of bs.

While I enjoyed the game for around 75 hours, this is over. And once a game is not fun for me, I take a break from it and see what will happen to it after some time. Yes I will be visiting from time to time, playing a game or two, but untill I see no punishment at all on parry (or only a light attack), I'm done.

I dunno, maybe give someone who parries a short duration of revenge or something.

PS. I still believe that this game has huge potential and I wouldn't like it to go to waste. I'm not gonna be crying about the state of the game like some ppl do here, but rather than that show hope that everything may turn better.

sad.platypus
07-09-2017, 04:20 PM
you cry about punish after parry when playing nobushi? cmon, shes out of range for most characters when you parry her, maybe you are just bad : >? this game has problems but point 2 is complete ******** man

Anarnam
07-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Classes that punish me after parry light:
Centurion, Warden, Shugoki, Conqueror, Raider, Warlord, Lawbringer, Orochi, Zerker.
Centurion having the worst punish whatsoever in such case.
Not sure I mentioned all. (is that "most characters"?)
If I wasn't killed by light attack parry which is heavily abused, I wouldn't be posting this at all.
Maybe you refer to parrying heavy attack?
Plus... screw nobushi. I can play anyone.
Take orochi for example - try to use side light attack against parrying opponent - you are doomed instantly. The same thing if you try side light with warden and other close range classes. I completely disagree with current notion of parrying.
I believe that Ubisoft intent was to reflect somehow the real situation during fights. Guaranteed heavy hit isn't one of them (deflect - YES, parry? No).

UbiNoty
07-09-2017, 11:50 PM
This review will be considerably shorter than my previous one where I expressed my feelings after 25 hours of gameplay.

TL;DR version - I'm done untill substantial changes are made

First off lets start off with things that are still positive for me:
1. General concept of the game - rly nothing to say here

2. Ubisoft did not give up on the game yet, they are still working and are more engaged with the community than in other games I believe

3. Graphics, costumes and various effects are still pleasing to look at

4. Character variety is a plus in the game (however this will be crushed in cons)

Now for my bad points (which grew inside of me for every single moment of my game) but only those that matter to me.

1. Absolute lack of balance for a game that plans on releasing ranked 1v1 mode. Since rankeds are initially planned to be 1v1, I don't understand how is that possible that such imbalances take place. While some people say that for example Conqueror is an absolute zero, is weak and bad, for me he is a total untouchable nightmare as nobushi. At the same time, some ppl claim that nobushi is a 1v1 most annoying character. I personally as nobushi hate both (supposedly weak) conqueror and shugoki. I absolutely disagree with current state of the game where some classes can beat some but stand absolute no chance against others. This will result in 95% conquerors and wardens (I think it will be conquerors and warden tbh) on highest ratings and other classes will cease to exist in the game.

2. PARRY. It all started 7 days ago for me. I was really ignoring the fact that the only losses I had were due to an overparrying piece of ***t player (or just an extremely good player) who was only reading my movements and feints, just to parry and make that top heavy or w/e. I like using light attacks, but once I see a player that is focusing on parrying rather than actually playing the game, I must play in a turtlish way, looking for easy damage just to finish the guy off after 3-4 minutes. As nobushi I dont have many opportunities to feint an attack due to insanely huge stamina costs on every single thing she does, plus her light attacks are insanely easy to parry (when I play nobushi vs nobushi she is indeed the easiest one to parry). The punishment some classes have when they parry light attack is so huge that every time I'm parried I'm close to hitting that alt+f4 button. Another thing - some classes have similar visuals to both light and heavy attacks, for nobushi you can very easily predict which one is coming and which one is actually worth parrying - thats another type of bs.

While I enjoyed the game for around 75 hours, this is over. And once a game is not fun for me, I take a break from it and see what will happen to it after some time. Yes I will be visiting from time to time, playing a game or two, but untill I see no punishment at all on parry (or only a light attack), I'm done.

I dunno, maybe give someone who parries a short duration of revenge or something.

PS. I still believe that this game has huge potential and I wouldn't like it to go to waste. I'm not gonna be crying about the state of the game like some ppl do here, but rather than that show hope that everything may turn better.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts and feedback. We're working on trying to balance heroes and it's still is (and likely always will be) a work in progress. But we'll do our best to achieve the best balanced state that we can.

As for parry, we do want to nerf heavy parrys to make them less punishing especially since they're not terribly difficult to pull off - I believe this change may be coming with the def meta update, but it's still not confirmed quite yet.