PDA

View Full Version : Ping problems with new HL client, anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 06:43 PM
(I've already asked this question on the HL Tech Support forum, and the only answer I received was a link to their search engine, which was most unhelpful.)

Has anyone else experienced problems with all-red pings using the latest version of the HyperLobby client? In the lobby, every server now shows up red for me, and this never happened with previous versions. (I'm on cable and have always gotten good pings.) I can still join servers and play without big problems, but it's annoying not knowing the pings ahead of time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HL client, and I briefly disabled my firewall to see if that had anything to do with it, but it didn't. Any suggestions?

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.
(If I knew who said that first, I'd give credit here.)

HL callsign: FruitPieJones, and why not?

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 06:43 PM
(I've already asked this question on the HL Tech Support forum, and the only answer I received was a link to their search engine, which was most unhelpful.)

Has anyone else experienced problems with all-red pings using the latest version of the HyperLobby client? In the lobby, every server now shows up red for me, and this never happened with previous versions. (I'm on cable and have always gotten good pings.) I can still join servers and play without big problems, but it's annoying not knowing the pings ahead of time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the HL client, and I briefly disabled my firewall to see if that had anything to do with it, but it didn't. Any suggestions?

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 06:50 PM
I get that also - not sure how to help but I found out that after joining the server my pings are still good. Maybe just a glitch or something...

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 10:24 PM
DrDave... take a look at www.il2airracing.com (http://www.il2airracing.com) message board... we have already addressed this and i think we have the answer.. not HL related.. just related to all of the recent viruses and ISPs response...

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Skiri-ki wrote:
- DrDave... take a look at www.il2airracing.com (http://www.il2airracing.com)
- message board... we have already addressed this and
- i think we have the answer.. not HL related.. just
- related to all of the recent viruses and ISPs
- response...

Hey, that just might be it! I'll have to do a little more research tonight to be sure, but it makes sense. And it gives me another reason - as if I needed one - to hate virus writers! Thanks!

---

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:38 PM
i had it too, I re-install HL and it was still there. However next day it was back to normal. maybe i just needed to reboot after the re-install or maybe it was just chance that the timing worked out that way.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm having pingu problems as well.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/~woody/pics/pingu.jpg

Just can't get the lil' fella to behave himself!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

<center>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.gorman/mortimer3.jpg

Nevermore!</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 02:56 AM
Just an update: It does, in fact, appear to be my ISP blocking ICMP traffic, as I can't ping anything anywhere. (Well, I could ping 127.0.0.1 all night long, but I hear that makes you go blind.) Hope they decide to cut that out sometime soon...

---