PDA

View Full Version : How does a conq main live with himself?

SikanderAzam
07-07-2017, 10:32 PM
As a conq main, you have zero offense and essentially rely on running up to people in team fighting and sneaking in hits, or cheesing people off cliffs. I genuinely don't understand how there are people that main him long enough to get to prestige 5+. It seems like such an unrewarding waste of time to just be either turtling or being the kid cheesing people off ledging in every single game. I'm prestige 7 Valk and I literally don't recall ever losing a fight to a conq unless I was knocked off a cliff out of nowhere or he came up behind me while I was in another fight and heavied me. How do you guys do this...?

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Some people like punishment and frustration and hours of agony before that one moment of glory that is all the sweeter because of how hard it was to achieve. The kind of people that like Dark Souls and see dying, losing all of your progress and having to re-fight all of the same monsters just to get back to where you were as a fun challenge. The kind of insane people that are the only ones left playing For Honor ;)

SikanderAzam
07-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Some people like punishment and frustration and hours of agony before that one moment of glory that is all the sweeter because of how hard it was to achieve. The kind of people that like Dark Souls and see dying, losing all of your progress and having to re-fight all of the same monsters just to get back to where you were as a fun challenge. The kind of insane people that are the only ones left playing For Honor ;)

You know, people on these forums keep talking about For Honor being dead, and I assumed it was just them being butthurt (as I was when posting this thread). I've only been playing for about 3 months now... is it truly that far gone from what it was when it was released or do people just joke about it? I started playing right around when season 2 launched so I wouldn't know.

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 10:52 PM
You know, people on these forums keep talking about For Honor being dead, and I assumed it was just them being butthurt (as I was when posting this thread). I've only been playing for about 3 months now... is it truly that far gone from what it was when it was released or do people just joke about it? I started playing right around when season 2 launched so I wouldn't know.

It's not dead, there are a lot of people like the ones I described in the world ;)

There used to be over 100,000 showing on the in-game player total at launch. That total was removed so now the only idea we have is from Steam figures for PC and event ranking on Console (the last event I paid attention to had around 18,000 players take part over the course of the weekend). Queue times are increasing (for me in Europe) and outside of peak hours you are highly likely to meet the same 7-15 people over and over and over. Matchmaking used to be able to find people in Your Region with Your Skill, but nowadays it is always All Regions and All Skills.

It's struggling, no one can deny that, but then it's been out 5 months and at times has bigger problems than when it launched. I know there's an expected player drop off with all games, and that might be all we are seeing. I know I have never seen a community so fed up with the game they are playing, and so I wouldn't be surprised if For Honor has a higher player loss rate than average.

But yeah, thank God for the mad people. We will keep the game alive! ;)

SikanderAzam
07-07-2017, 10:55 PM
It's not dead, there are a lot of people like the ones I described in the world ;)

There used to be over 100,000 showing on the in-game player total at launch. That total was removed so now the only idea we have is from Steam figures for PC and event ranking on Console (the last event I paid attention to had around 18,000 players take part over the course of the weekend). Queue times are increasing (for me in Europe) and outside of peak hours you are highly likely to meet the same 7-15 people over and over and over. Matchmaking used to be able to find people in Your Region with Your Skill, but nowadays it is always All Regions and All Skills.

It's struggling, no one can deny that, but then it's been out 5 months and at times has bigger problems than when it launched. I know there's an expected player drop off with all games, and that might be all we are seeing. I know I have never seen a community so fed up with the game they are playing, and so I wouldn't be surprised if For Honor has a higher player loss rate than average.

But yeah, thank God for the mad people. We will keep the game alive! ;)

Cheers to madness.

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:07 PM

The same people who take on G-rank (which by default is meant for a team) in Monster Hunter solo >.>

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 11:23 PM
The same people who take on G-rank (which by default is meant for a team) in Monster Hunter solo >.>

Oh my God, it's you! You're back? ;)

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Oh my God, it's you! You're back? ;)

Yeah sort of, not in the game currently, I had to send my Elite controller off to be replaced and the problem with using one for button bindings is muscle memory is a hard habit to break leading to you not trying a CGB or not dodging lol, but ok enough I am getting back into things.

I see the forum has had a makeover while I've been away.

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Yeah sort of, not in the game currently, I had to send my Elite controller off to be replaced and the problem with using one for button bindings is muscle memory is a hard habit to break leading to you not trying a CGB or not dodging lol, but ok enough I am getting back into things.

Good news, you have been very much missed. Those of us still able to smile about the game occasionally and be positive from time to time are sorely outnumbered. I often think about all the folks that are gone that made the forums a better place to be a part of, and you are always top of that list.

TL;DR Welcome back! :)

P.S. Do you want your Warriors Den job back now? ;)

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Good news, you have been very much missed. Those of us still able to smile about the game occasionally and be positive from time to time are sorely outnumbered. I often think about all the folks that are gone that made the forums a better place to be a part of, and you are always top of that list.

TL;DR Welcome back! :)

P.S. Do you want your Warriors Den job back now? ;)

Yeah the people who bring the positivity need to not be ground down lol. As for the Den, I tend to do things with family a little more than I was when I started doing it but yeah I can take it back, might start going up late from time to time but it will be up.

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 11:39 PM
We like what we like, there isn't always a logical reason. Some people like a challenge, and some people just like conqueror as a whole (Conqueror has his charms you know).
We know he's struggling a bit right now so he's just not as attractive as he once was, but once the def meta changes come, he'll definitely be much more loveable.

Lyskir
07-07-2017, 11:42 PM

Candle :O

welcome back my boiiiii or girl? i dont know XDD

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Candle :O

welcome back my boiiiii or girl? i dont know XDD

Hai there, I know how it is, i had to ask Gray lol, I'm a guy (so honestly as a peacekeeper main the un-genderlock the valkyrie because I don't want to be a GIRL argument tends to make me shake my head, or laugh, one of them lol).

Lyskir
07-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Hai there, I know how it is, i had to ask Gray lol, I'm a guy (so honestly as a peacekeeper main the un-genderlock the valkyrie because I don't want to be a GIRL argument tends to make me shake my head, or laugh, one of them lol).

im happy that u are back man :)

do u heard they destroy my raider boi with a dusgusting 50/50 next week? we need your power, save him!! :(

btw sry for off topic

Gray360UK
07-08-2017, 12:21 AM
As for the Den, I tend to do things with family a little more than I was when I started doing it but yeah I can take it back, might start going up late from time to time but it will be up.

Well don't feel you have to. By a happy coincidence Thursday is my day off so it's never a problem for me to do it. See how you go anyway, if there's ever a week where you'd rather not for whatever reason, you know you can message me :)

The_B0G_
07-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Gray360UK a.k.a The Usurper

CandleInTheDark
07-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Well don't feel you have to. By a happy coincidence Thursday is my day off so it's never a problem for me to do it. See how you go anyway, if there's ever a week where you'd rather not for whatever reason, you know you can message me :)

Yeah I know :) I will see how it goes next week given I haven't done it for a while and I will bear that in mind.

Gray360UK
07-08-2017, 12:35 AM

Haha ;)

CandleInTheDark
07-08-2017, 02:06 AM

Lol >.> I'm glad Gray took it over, I felt a little guilty on thursdays.

The_B0G_
07-08-2017, 02:36 AM
How does a conq main live with himself?

I imagine a single room apartment, no furniture, as empty as the conqs move list. Just a small table, one chair and a bottle of whiskey, one glass sitting on it next to an ashtray full of half smoked cigarettes.

The room is dimly lit much like the conq mains soul, forever seeking light but finding just enough to continue for one more game.

The smell of salt is in the air from all the enemies he's ledged that day and from the hate mail that is sitting in a messy pile in a corner by the door which he stopped opening months ago.

This is how a Conq main lives with himself.

Gray360UK
07-08-2017, 02:48 AM
Just a small table

Shield shaped, with a badly drawn Crusader Cross drawn in the middle of it with a black marker pen

(I feel this is a nice bit of extra detail)

;)

bmason1000
07-08-2017, 06:39 AM
Not gonna lie, conqs give me more trouble than any other class, hands down. No questions asked, any time i 1v1 a conq its going to take soooo lonnnng and then i will finally die

duplexlion1
07-08-2017, 01:26 PM
I imagine a single room apartment, no furniture, as empty as the conqs move list. Just a small table, one chair and a bottle of whiskey, one glass sitting on it next to an ashtray full of half smoked cigarettes.

Conquerer main here. It's actually a closet of about 5' by 6'. The rest of the house belongs to my girlfriend.

kweassa1
07-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Conq's still a pretty strong class, and most excellent centurion-marking class in dominion. Probably better than Nob in fighting around 2 cents at the same time.

FluffyRocket32
07-08-2017, 03:07 PM
I play only 2 characters; the Warden and the Conqueror. When I rep up one of them I switch to the other. My K/D with the Conqueror in Duels is around 2.7. No struggle here. Just pure mayhem :p

RatedChaotic
07-08-2017, 04:47 PM
As a conq main, you have zero offense and essentially rely on running up to people in team fighting and sneaking in hits, or cheesing people off cliffs. I genuinely don't understand how there are people that main him long enough to get to prestige 5+. It seems like such an unrewarding waste of time to just be either turtling or being the kid cheesing people off ledging in every single game. I'm prestige 7 Valk and I literally don't recall ever losing a fight to a conq unless I was knocked off a cliff out of nowhere or he came up behind me while I was in another fight and heavied me. How do you guys do this...?

Well why do you main Valk?

Can Conq mains not feel the same about their main?

I've been maining the Conq since closed beta. He fits my playstyle. Does he need some love? Yes. But I still enjoy playing him.

I'm an older gamer so reaction times are not on my side. I feel the Conqs playstyle helps me there. Conq is a hero that you defend til you can take advantage of an opponents mistakes. Problem is that its getting harder to do that.

Since I am in the Knights faction I try to rep up all the knights. I live with myself very easily.