PDA

View Full Version : XBOX One X - For Honor update or XBOX / PC Cross play?

druez
07-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Hi,

As I continue my debate on whether to move from PC to XBOX, do we know if there will be an XBOX One X update point out? If so, do we know what it will do for the version. If you have a good PC, (which I do) playing For Honor on it is a true blast. I plan on buying an XBOX One X on release day. Moving to the XBOX one version, knowing that a graphical / fps update will come to the XBOX will make the transition easier.

Any chance you could just make the PC and XBOX one have cross play. This seems like the perfect game for it, you can play either on k/m or controller. There is no ranged targeting and it would fix my playerbase issue on the PC.

Rikuto01.tv
07-07-2017, 09:48 PM
For Honor on PC plays completely differently and is a totally different meta. Specifically, the game is actually too responsive on PC and that has created the dreaded "turtle meta" which pretty much completely cripples the game in 1v1 competitively.

Consoles run at lower specs and as a result are less responsive, but this ultimately leads to a better competitive experience because offense actually has a chance to work.

If console and PC were to crossplay, PC users would stomp the console players because of how much easier it would be for them to defend. Even if the game ran in some sort of performance mode to get consoles to 60 fps, there is still inherent input delay built into the console OS that PC users don't have to deal with.

So at the end of the day.... no. It's a bad idea.

UbiNoty
07-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Hi,

As I continue my debate on whether to move from PC to XBOX, do we know if there will be an XBOX One X update point out? If so, do we know what it will do for the version. If you have a good PC, (which I do) playing For Honor on it is a true blast. I plan on buying an XBOX One X on release day. Moving to the XBOX one version, knowing that a graphical / fps update will come to the XBOX will make the transition easier.

Any chance you could just make the PC and XBOX one have cross play. This seems like the perfect game for it, you can play either on k/m or controller. There is no ranged targeting and it would fix my playerbase issue on the PC.

I doubt there will be cross-platform options available any time soon since all three platforms each run their own servers and mixing PC with consoles is generally a bad idea in terms of PvP.
As for the XBox One X - I'm not sure either what kinds of compatibility and features it will have with FH, but I can ask what the plans are for it!

druez
07-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Thank you sir.

Soldier_of_Dawn
01-01-2018, 11:20 PM
Cross platform play has my vote. Being a PC user, matches would be easier to find at any time of day and in the longterm as players drop off. Would that be an idea when dedicated servers are implemented? I believe cross platform play would extend the life of any online multiplayer game and may even attract new players if the timing is right. Gears of War 4 seems to have reaped the benefits:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/1/27/14420068/gears-of-war-4-xbox-one-pc-cross-platform-multiplayer

Tundra 793
01-01-2018, 11:25 PM
Xbox One X only received graphical updates. Cross platform play is still damn near impossible for For Honor. Like Noty said (**** I miss Noty) the servers are separate from each other.

Furthermore, cross platform play wouldn't be restricted to Xbox One X, you have to include the standard X1 since they're the same system, just different power levels. And that makes it impossible, like Rikuto said, For Honor on PC is damn near a whole different game compared to consoles.

Saml84
01-01-2018, 11:59 PM
If for honor goes cross platform I'm never playing PvP again. Side note this spam is horrendous and why did that one global mod close that spam thread seems like we struck a nerve.

Mirage6201
01-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Donít play on Xbox until servers come with lag compensation. Itís a total crap storm. Lagging out isnít as bad anymore but the connection is horrible. Sometimes you cant event cgb or even block lights. Good luck If the other player has a 100ms advantage unless you play the same spammy character.

Donít think your good internet matters either bc I have
100Mb up, 15Mb down, 30ms ping with a game prioritizing router.

Soldier_of_Dawn
05-20-2018, 03:38 AM
I doubt there will be cross-platform options available any time soon since all three platforms each run their own servers and mixing PC with consoles is generally a bad idea in terms of PvP.
As for the XBox One X - I'm not sure either what kinds of compatibility and features it will have with FH, but I can ask what the plans are for it!

Could the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro run the game at 1080p at 60FPS? At least, then the framerate wouldn't be an issue with cross-play with PC.

On a side note, could a player's progress be transferable from console to PC? We would have more PC players if that was the case.