PDA

View Full Version : "taH pagh, taHbe' " "To be or not to be" what does the future hold UBI for STBC?

ashlec01
07-07-2017, 07:09 PM
This is a simple post. I have been following all the fantastic, forward thinking ,enthusiastic, and big time inspirational posts from all my fellow STBC fans. And believe me we huge fans:) Here is what I want to know. I get it UBI/Redstorm DEV's can't give any details of the future plans, fine. I don't need details but I would hope this next statement is not to bold to assume I speak for the community cause I don't. That being said all I want to know is DOES STBC HAVE A FUTURE? That's all😎 I mean it's one thing to say to us, " hey guys great ideas keep them coming" for over a month without any hint of this game expanding. It's simple if you have to break our hearts and tell us hey guys this is where the game ends for DEV glad enjoyed this experience. Beauty we won't hold a grudge too long we get it but tell us so we don't have to continually wish upon the second start to the right and straight on till morning. And if there is a future please acknowledge this. Then we can look forward to expanding our ideas, make plans to invite new friends and new civilizations, the boldly go where we all can't wait to go again and again, and again😂 If you agree with this please respond to this post with a positive message for UBI/Redstorm that we would appreciate an answer.

"taH pagh, taHbe' " "To be or not to be" what does the future hold UBI for STBC?

Ashlec01/ PSN Lord_braxxis signing off
Cheers

daxas01
07-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Oh believe me, you speak for ALL of us already seeing a lot of player playing less and less (more time to find a full crew). Ubisoft don't let this game die.

filmgeek47
07-07-2017, 11:53 PM
This is exactly how I feel. I literally just need to know if there's an intention for the team to move forward with anything beyond bug fixes. Otherwise, it's hard to find any incentive to continue to contribute ideas, much less encourage friends to play. At this point I'll be telling all my friends with an interest in VR to hold off on buying the game until I hear something from RedStorm on new content.

Ocard_
07-08-2017, 04:16 AM
My biggest fear at this point:
What if the answer was a negative one? How many players would instantly quit because of that instead of hanging around for who knows how long, thus shortening the time I have left to play?

Charlie-Lima
07-08-2017, 08:18 AM
You already got your negative answer.. I mean, we're here in the official forums and there are no reactions. I don't like to say this (and please prove me wrong!), but you can consider this game dead.

Oh, I wish this game would be mod-able. The fans would create a hell of a game.

Eyeoftheisland
07-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Hopefully there's a positive response but typically developers don't announce stuff on their forums. Whether or not they are working on something they probably aren't going to come here and make promises or respond directly to the demands from fans.

WeirdWizardDave
07-08-2017, 06:37 PM
What possible reason would they have for announcing they're not working on anything? I mean maybe if you've have a big successful game and the time comes to move on and you want to manage expectations. But for a just released game it would be business madness to turn around and say that's yer lot.

I know it sucks, but we're just going to have to be patient and wait to see what if anything materialises. I'm pretty confident there will be at least another patch or two, hopefully to tweak and improve stuff as well as fixing bugs. But major content additions that may or may not come in the form of DLC will probably only come if there is confidence in the sales numbers and a handful of people on a forum aren't going to make much difference to that discussion which wouldn't be announced anyway until work is well underway at the earliest.

This being a Unity game there is some hope that the community can pull it apart and mod it, though it depends on how it plays with the uplay servers and of course that way mods would be PC only.