PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Den July 6th

Gray360UK
07-06-2017, 04:40 PM
ETA 20 minutes.

Video is in place on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnWMxF283HA

And so ... it begins ...

Eric Pope is all by himself, promising some surprises.

Patch 1.09 - PC was not likely for this week, and will in fact be ready on the 13th, while consoles will get it on the 20th.

New Weekly Content - Mythic Outfits (15,000 Steel each)
Solaris - Knights
Dawn Sky - Vikings
Zodiac Warrior - Samurai

Hero Series Tournament is announced, in partnership with ESL, with a prize of $10,000
- All platforms
- 4 weeks of qualifiers starting this Saturday
- points will rank you and the top players will be flown out to LA for the tournament finals

Also a 'caster' competition was announced (looking for good voice-overs on game footage) with winners also being flown to LA

Website for competitions: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-295821-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

Vault Footage shown, gameplay from 2013 and before
Footage of Roman and Jason fighting with real weapons is shown.

Roman and Damien arrive.

Feedback on the recent Tournament / Ranked mode public test is discussed. They are aware of many issues with the Tournament and looking to fix all of them (very basic summary). This Summer there will be another public test. Roman says they cannot give a date, only soon™

Roman tells us that changes to Parry, Out of Stamina State and Chip damage will be the first batch of changes aimed at addressing the Defensive Meta and these will be in the next public test (summer / soon™).

Public Q and A

They are looking at the delay between stance changes and dodging.

Flicker issue. Have they considered changing the inputs?
'Changing the input is not necessarily solving the issue' - Roman (so no, they won't be doing this)

Dodge recovery will not be standardized, they are part of what makes each hero individual.

New Executions - why are we waiting despite the leaked video? The content is not ready yet.

When are we going to see new game modes? They are working on them.

Black screen bug / freeze - the team is working on it. 'No news on that ' - Damien

Assassins reflex guard bug is going to be fixed at the start of Season 3.

Raider stampede charge will have a wind up of 500ms and they are going to see if it's too much or not.

Community Creation videos shown.

That's all folks!

thornh
07-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Thanks Gray!

xSkeletalx
07-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Thanks again Gray, I appreciate being able to follow the new information every week while I don't have access to the stream itself.

MasterChiefPON
07-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Assassin's reflex guard bugs are getting fixed at the start of Season 3.
Raider stampede charge with a wind up of 500 ms is going to release like that and they are going to see if it's too much or not.

Gray360UK
07-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Assassin's reflex guard bugs are getting fixed at the start of Season 3.
Raider stampede charge with a wind up of 500 ms is going to release like that and they are going to see if it's too much or not.

Thanks for those two, I had a plumber come round to fix our water tank right in the middle of that part, haha, will add these details to the original post above :)

MasterChiefPON
07-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Thanks for those two, I had a plumber come round to fix our water tank right in the middle of that part, haha, will add these details to the original post above :)

No problem 👍🏻

vgrimr_J
07-06-2017, 06:51 PM
stampede charge how much is it now? is this a buff or a nerf?

bmason1000
07-06-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm very curious about these changes to out of stamina and how they're addressing defense. Defenders don't run out of stamina. I understand not releasing info before its ready because of expectations and not being able to follow through on a promised idea, but it would go a long way towards peace of mind, ya know?

As always gray, you are a champion and we are all very aporeciative. Anyone heard from or know anything about candle? Hope he's doing better.

BARBARIAN0404
07-06-2017, 07:11 PM
It would take you guys a month to fix a Samurai's issues. Shooting star works randomly, revenge, slip threw, defense buff, and the reaction time is double from ever other player. Migration stops your game, joining stops your game. when are you gonna fix those third season as well. :confused::confused:

Lyskir
07-06-2017, 07:20 PM
stampede charge how much is it now? is this a buff or a nerf?

it is 700ms now and they buff it to 500 ms

its too fast in my opinion as a raider main, 600 ms would be ok

vgrimr_J
07-06-2017, 07:35 PM
it is 700ms now and they buff it to 500 ms

its too fast in my opinion as a raider main, 600 ms would be ok

oh great so another "shugoki" bs is born

MasterChiefPON
07-06-2017, 07:39 PM
oh great so another "shugoki" bs is born

Yes, a lot of streamers complained about this in the PTS because Raider's were unlocking and doing the same bs run and they are going to release it like that.

BARBARIAN0404
07-06-2017, 07:53 PM
:confused:
When are we gonna get a tournament mode so we can fight with our own faction side by side, so we can see for ourselves whos really winning and who's is losing. I'm tired of fighting with the Knights and Vikings, their BUMS. When are you gonna create a place for each faction to go to. How old is this game? We want a place to train together, talk to each other, and hangout with one another so we can meet one another,with out a middle man. Thought this was an adult game M mature. Still have to fix migrating from stopping the game, joining or leaving as well.

Gray360UK
07-06-2017, 08:52 PM
:confused:
When are we gonna get a tournament mode so we can fight with our own faction side by side, so we can see for ourselves whos really winning and who's is losing. I'm tired of fighting with the Knights and Vikings, their BUMS. When are you gonna create a place for each faction to go to. How old is this game? We want a place to train together, talk to each other, and hangout with one another so we can meet one another,with out a middle man. Thought this was an adult game M mature. Still have to fix migrating from stopping the game, joining or leaving as well.

They said last week this is not something the matchmaking can handle.

Alchemist..
07-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Like every week "we working on it" "we looking at it" there is really nothing to waiting for except new heroes each season. I lose all hope that this game will be good, they just cant handle it

C00tBAjenkins
07-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the post.

Like every week "we working on it" "we looking at it" there is really nothing to waiting for except new heroes each season. I lose all hope that this game will be good, they just cant handle it

Would you rather they say nothing? Coming from the BF series this is a nice feature. Not sure how other games handle it but its a nice aspect from my perspective. This episode addressed a lot of things I've seen around the forums.

Ever think they might have to fit all of the fixes into a existing workflow schedule. One that might be an expectation or contractually obligated per ubi execs. I really have no idea what the inner workings are but I gather from things said on this live stream its not a case of "we will fund the game here's the money now do whatever you feel like".

They talked about having backlogs. That tells me they are compiling idea's for when resources are available.

It seems like people don't really take into consideration how things might be organized. It's easy to criticize when looking at it from just the player perspective.

Personally, I believe the big issues will be worked out. I don't however expect the time line for fixes to be immediate or fit into my personal requirements. That might effect the playbase in the short term in the long term it means players picking it back up. Really I don't see another game on the horizon that will replace this style of game. Given the length and types of topics on these forums and Reddit the game has something going for it.

Kaijudub
07-07-2017, 12:31 PM
"we know that PC is where all the super hardcore competitive players are"

Lol are you sure theres enough pc players to fill the 12 spots? Once again console players get overlooked and insulted live and direct on stream.

Your PR department wins.

Dhaleks
07-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Black screen bug / freeze - the team is working on it. 'No news on that ' - Damien!

The absence of urgency on what is one of the oldest bug in this game depresses me...
Meanwhile they're making a duel tournament series, what the heck...

C00tBAjenkins
07-07-2017, 03:21 PM
The absence of urgency on what is one of the oldest bug in this game depresses me...
Meanwhile they're making a duel tournament series, what the heck...
Ok, the notes for that are kinda bad. Goto 58:41 in the video. I think it's a legitimate explanation. The notes really don't elaborate on it like in the stream.

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Ok, the notes for that are kinda bad. Goto 58:41 in the video. I think it's a legitimate explanation. The notes really don't elaborate on it like in the stream.

Roman explained that when they reproduce it, it's always accidental and they have no idea what they did to make it happen, and therefore have no idea where to start in terms of fixing it. I did debate including that, but felt in the end it's an unecessary level of detail, because essentially they are saying they are working on it and that there is no news, as I did say. Don't let long convoluted explanations fool you into thinking they have given a better answer than they actually have.

C00tBAjenkins
07-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Roman explained that when they reproduce it, it's always accidental and they have no idea what they did to make it happen, and therefore have no idea where to start in terms of fixing it. I did debate including that, but felt in the end it's an unecessary level of detail, because essentially they are saying they working on it and that there is no news, as I did say. Don't let long convoluted explanations fool you into thinking they have given a better answer than they actually have.

To put it simply yes "working on it" is the answer but the context is important. Like when he states its not just like "yeah yeah a freeze bug whatever" its that it is hard to reproduce and no direct method to make the freeze happen. Also, stating it "pisses him off" and taking a long time to track down and fix.
So no its not a "better answer" and I never stated it was. Rather it's legitimate explanation to why it still persists and to the comment i replied to. No sense of urgency was not the sentiment i get from it.

Dhaleks
07-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Just watched that part. Basically Roman is explaining how debugging works in a QA department (reminded me of my time as a QA tester).
Still, it doesn't explain how that issue remained undetected prior to the 1.03 update, nor does it tell us why it's taking 4-5 months to adress the issue.

QA can be a "hit & miss" process; however given the amount of informations they have, the time it's taking is not a good sign.
Let me remind you that, at first, the devs tried to dismiss the problem by blaming "underspec machines" (eventhough consoles were affected as well), meaning that they didn't take the issue seriously then. That alone shows us there is a serious problem with the way bugs are reported and acknowledged (or not) by the dev team...

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 05:34 PM
To put it simply yes "working on it" is the answer but the context is important. Like when he states its not just like "yeah yeah a freeze bug whatever" its that it is hard to reproduce and no direct method to make the freeze happen. Also, stating it "pisses him off" and taking a long time to track down and fix.
So no its not a "better answer" and I never stated it was. Rather it's legitimate explanation to why it still persists and to the comment i replied to. No sense of urgency was not the sentiment i get from it.

You seem to have low standards when it comes to the excuses you are prepared to accept. If what was said was good enough for you, fair enough. For me personally and I am sure for a lot of other people, explaining why you can't fix something is a long way from it being okay that you can't fix something, especially after so long.

I take it if I sell you a car and the wheels keep falling off you won't mind as long as 5 months later I explain in great detail why I am unable to fix the problem. That will be a great comfort I am sure when you are half way to work on a Monday morning and the wheels fall off your car for the 50th time.

The net result of everything said is that they have made no progress, do not understand why the problem occurs and are not even close to fixing it 5 months after launch. Damien said 'no news' and that sums the situation up perfectly. If you hear that and think 'it's okay that there is no progress because they explained why there is no progress' then I don't share your view of the situation.

C00tBAjenkins
07-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Just watched that part. Basically Roman is explaining how debugging works in a QA department (reminded me of my time as a QA tester).
Still, it doesn't explain how that issue remained undetected prior to the 1.03 update, nor does it tell us why it's taking 4-5 months to adress the issue
Given your QA experience how did it not? If you have an issue you can't recreate how do you fix it? You don't even know where to start looking other than end game. So I assume its a very long process. I would say possibly the low hanging fruit is being addressed. Meaning what they can see easily is on the table at the moment. I doubt stopping everything and working on a single issue is even an option.

I'm not jumping on the salt train. Could be countless reasons why things are working out the way they are. I will choose to empathize with whatever situation is holding the team back.

C00tBAjenkins
07-07-2017, 06:12 PM
I take it if I sell you a car and the wheels keep falling off you won't mind as long as 5 months later I explain in great detail why I am unable to fix the problem. That will be a great comfort I am sure when you are half way to work on a Monday morning and the wheels fall off your car for the 50th time.

Not a real solid analogy. First, wheels falling off a car is a huge f'in deal. Like, life and death. So, no, that would not work. Plus, I work on my own car so No need to take it to someone. Also, That problem would have been very evident had I test driven "beta tested" the car so really I could blame myself for buying said car knowing the wheels had a problem. Now if they told me "OK, so the wheels fall off but we have no idea why. "They never fall off for us and we cant make them fall off". I might take it to someone else to have them look at it. That is a situation that isn't possible in the game industry to my knowledge.

This however is a game and is being worked on per the devs. I say they are working on the issues. Seeing as how we have had many patches that include many fixes and changes. Maybe not every single one but i'd say a good portion and more still to come. Now whats acceptable is personal preference and differs for everyone.

Also, I used "bad" in that statement about what you put in the notes. That wasn't a personal jab. It sounds insulting now that I read it again and that wasn't my intention. poor choice of words in that case.

Dhaleks
07-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Given your QA experience how did it not? If you have an issue you can't recreate how do you fix it?

Actually, they can reproduce it (not consistently though) - see the known issues section on this forum. They also know that it is a modification in the 1.03 patch that is causing this.
It is more than enough to identify the exact problem, assuming they started looking into it 4 months ago.

If their investigation started shortly before the devstream in May, when they said a fix was in the works, then I can understand why we do not have a fix yet. It still doesn't make it right though.

C00tBAjenkins
07-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Actually, they can reproduce it (not consistently though) - see the known issues section on this forum. They also know that it is a modification in the 1.03 patch that is causing this.
It is more than enough to identify the exact problem, assuming they started looking into it 4 months ago.

If their investigation started shortly before the devstream in May, when they said a fix was in the works, then I can understand why we do not have a fix yet. It still doesn't make it right though.
I don't know that much about it. Only had it happen maybe 3 times. I don't think it's a situation where they don't want to fix it. I feel that's the impression people have because the time frame. When your job is to troubleshoot and fix problems it's a real pain in the *** when it takes a long time to solve. That was my job for a long time in a different field. So I understand the PITA it can be

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Happy to see this has been kept going. I am sort of back, here at least, I had to send off my Elite pad for a replacement and my muscle memory is screwed lol, I am debating persevering with the original controls and using the Elite pad as a paperweight (seriously, it broke in less than three months) or waiting a few days more for it to come back.

bmason1000
07-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Happy to see this has been kept going. I am sort of back, here at least, I had to send off my Elite pad for a replacement and my muscle memory is screwed lol, I am debating persevering with the original controls and using the Elite pad as a paperweight (seriously, it broke in less than three months) or waiting a few days more for it to come back.
Heyyyy brother good to see you're still kickin. I actually asked about you recently. Hope you're doin all right, man.

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Heyyyy brother good to see you're still kickin. I actually asked about you recently. Hope you're doin all right, man.

Yeah I am ok, I needed to find ways of dealing with a few things that didn't involve spending every free moment in or talking about a game rather than dealing with it lol. I'm sort of peeking back in, unplugged my xbox all together for a couple weeks, getting back into it some now.

bmason1000
07-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Yeah I am ok, I needed to find ways of dealing with a few things that didn't involve spending every free moment in or talking about a game rather than dealing with it lol. I'm sort of peeking back in, unplugged my xbox all together for a couple weeks, getting back into it some now.

Good to hear it dude

Jarl.Felix
07-08-2017, 11:57 AM
What a joke Warriors Den has become... unbelievable..

Alchemist..
07-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the post.

Would you rather they say nothing? Coming from the BF series this is a nice feature. Not sure how other games handle it but its a nice aspect from my perspective. This episode addressed a lot of things I've seen around the forums.

Ever think they might have to fit all of the fixes into a existing workflow schedule. One that might be an expectation or contractually obligated per ubi execs. I really have no idea what the inner workings are but I gather from things said on this live stream its not a case of "we will fund the game here's the money now do whatever you feel like".

They talked about having backlogs. That tells me they are compiling idea's for when resources are available.

It seems like people don't really take into consideration how things might be organized. It's easy to criticize when looking at it from just the player perspective.

Personally, I believe the big issues will be worked out. I don't however expect the time line for fixes to be immediate or fit into my personal requirements. That might effect the playbase in the short term in the long term it means players picking it back up. Really I don't see another game on the horizon that will replace this style of game. Given the length and types of topics on these forums and Reddit the game has something going for it.
Im not talking about "features", im talking about balancing changes, def meta changes, old problems like flickers, unlock techs etc.

Things not going forward, im here since closed beta and every week i heard same thing "we working on it" and "we are looking on it" but things are unchanged since months, patches taking 1-2 months and changing more "cosmetic" things, but for u its ok because they say something about "features" on stream...

Tyrjo
07-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Hmm. Changes to "Out of stamina state" to adress turtle meta. Roman said on a stream earlier that they are testing making it more dangerous to be out of stamina. I wonder if that is what is upcoming? I think it will have the reverse effect, it will make people even more defensive.

In the same way Centurion drains your stamina so easily, you are very afraid of actually doing something offensive with the risk of spending some stamina and suddenly you have nothing left and are finished.

Vakris_One
07-10-2017, 11:13 AM
@Roman, I am making a hair joke. Come at me bro! ;)

CorruptSun
07-12-2017, 05:07 AM
When will they be releasing an outfit pack for Solaris like they have for the other mythic outfits? I want to purchase all my Knights at once :(

BLOOD-E-BARON
07-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Thanks for answering my question about the join friend Damien and to Pope if your forum would allow it my username would be bloodybaron but 'bloody' is considered an expletive haha so the danish spelling of 'blodig' shall do. Cheers appreciate the feedback and keep up the good work Ubi for honor crew