PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Centurion Protest

watsonclan335u
07-06-2017, 08:13 AM
After a long crummy day at work, all I wanted to do was come home pour a wee dram and play a few rounds of my favourite game. But after about a dozen or so DC's I was finding myself actually more stressed than when I started. But after some trying I was finally able to secure a stable matchup only to be setup with three centurions and a lawbringer....needless to say spamming ensued. After that match I decided I would simply spare myself the headache and simply quit any match containing one in the intro screen. As is in any consumer market we have the ultimate power of whether to support a service or product based on the return value or morals of the said seller. How long would the devs continue sitting on their hands if no one played a game against a centurion? Let me also say that this is the first time since release I have EVER quit a match but I'm done with the cancerous cheeseing from that worthless character, and maybe if there were some solidarity shown among us they might just get the message..

Just a thought

Mia.Nora
07-06-2017, 09:01 AM
I have been doing that for a while.

Along with if there is a Centurion in my team I run away from him and leave him alone, I would rather not be a part of the problem even for the enemy team.

kweassa1
07-06-2017, 10:50 AM
So you justify basically f**king over your whole team in your quest to somehow reprimand people playing a class they like.

What is it with you whiney bunch anyway? That CV_Eviler guy proudly says he just basically afks any match he can't see winning, and here you are basically professing to sabotage the game to screw over other players just because they play a class you hate.

You do realize the shi* you say you're so proudly doing is worse than any in-game balance issue COMBINED, no?

Horus-31
07-06-2017, 12:24 PM
So you justify basically f**king over your whole team in your quest to somehow reprimand people playing a class they like.

You do realize that there are other strategies in Dominion than sticking with the Centurion on your team to gank enemies, right? Not staying with another player of your team is perfectly acceptable as long as you make yourself useful somewhere esle on the map. In Skirmish, that's more problematic...

On a side note, f**king things up for a (short) time to force the guys in charge to change things for the better in the long run: that's the idea behind any strike or boycott movement.

SikanderAzam
07-06-2017, 12:26 PM
after a long crummy day at work, all i wanted to do was come home pour a wee dram and play a few rounds of my favourite game. But after about a dozen or so dc's i was finding myself actually more stressed than when i started. But after some trying i was finally able to secure a stable matchup only to be setup with three centurions and a lawbringer....needless to say spamming ensued. After that match i decided i would simply spare myself the headache and simply quit any match containing one in the intro screen. As is in any consumer market we have the ultimate power of whether to support a service or product based on the return value or morals of the said seller. How long would the devs continue sitting on their hands if no one played a game against a centurion? Let me also say that this is the first time since release i have ever quit a match but i'm done with the cancerous cheeseing from that worthless character, and maybe if there were some solidarity shown among us they might just get the message..

Just a thought

Incontinens!

Gray360UK
07-06-2017, 12:31 PM
I think the forums are biased against the Centurion and we aren't seeing the real picture. It's pretty much accepted that (almost) everyone hates the Centurion on these forums, so then why are we seeing so many of them in matches still?

Just last night I had a Dominion match with 1 on my team and 3 on the enemy team. It's all very well filling the forums with anti-Centurion posts, but if for every complaint here there are 4 people playing him in the game, then we aren't really getting anywhere, and we aren't actually representing the playerbase either. No one likes to be his victim, we all know that, but (as with all FOTM OP options in games) many people are quite happy to play him and victimize others.

This is the problem for the Devs. They can't really act based on the 'everyone hates Centurion' posts when so many people are obviously enjoying playing him. Do they support the people who don't like being attacked by him, or the possibly far larger number of people who are loving him (like the Rep 27 one I saw last night).

SikanderAzam
07-06-2017, 12:50 PM
I think the forums are biased against the Centurion and we aren't seeing the real picture. It's pretty much accepted that (almost) everyone hates the Centurion on these forums, so then why are we seeing so many of them in matches still?

Just last night I had a Dominion match with 1 on my team and 3 on the enemy team. It's all very well filling the forums with anti-Centurion posts, but if for every complaint here there are 4 people playing him in the game, then we aren't really getting anywhere, and we aren't actually representing the playerbase either. No one likes to be his victim, we all know that, but (as with all FOTM OP options in games) many people are quite happy to play him and victimize others.

This is the problem for the Devs. They can't really act based on the 'everyone hates Centurion' posts when so many people are obviously enjoying playing him. Do they support the people who don't like being attacked by him, or the possibly far larger number of people who are loving him (like the Rep 27 one I saw last night).

A fair point, and probably indeed why Ubi is hesitant to swing the nerf hammer. On the other hand, I think that the most straightforward response to this would be that so many people play him still in-game because he's easy and remarkably effect to cheese people with, which is the exact same reason that people hate him. People who don't play him hate him for the same reason that the people who do play him like him: his insane CC moveset makes him a different beast than all other classes and makes him remarkably effective in gank squads without needing much skill or refinement. If Ubi added a class with a rocket launcher I'm sure people would play the hell out of it, but that wouldn't invalidate the inevitable deluge of complaints against it.

The biggest issue that I see, honestly, is that if centurion CC gets nerfed, the class is dead. It's all he has. It's crazy effective because like a rocket launcher, it doesn't fit the rest of the game, just like shinbone's ability to ranged GB people from behind and kick them over ledges with no risk to himself. But because those classes are 15000 steel or a season pass to play, people paid specifically for those heroes, so removing their gimmicks by nerfing them is basically like selling people a product then reneging and not refunding them. Thus the dilemma: keep the game as it stands and have people perma-salty that there are now two cancerous heroes that don't really fit the game, or nerf them and have the people that paid to play as cancerous heroes be salty that they can no longer do that?

Duuklah
07-06-2017, 12:53 PM

I think the state the Devs have left For Honor in has basically slapped a filter on the player base and created a heaven for those who relish imbalance and exploits. This is why you see players still clinging to Centurions at an elevated rate. Those with self respect and a fair play attitude have abandoned the Centurion long ago in favor of having a soul.

Draghmar
07-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Solution: Remove all other classes.

Gray360UK
07-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Solution: Remove all other classes.

Haha ;)

http://i.imgur.com/oYh6w.gif

vgrimr_J
07-06-2017, 03:15 PM
its already a no brainer that he needs a LOT less stamina he cant have both high stamina pool and high stamina drain it should be one or another.

The_B0G_
07-06-2017, 03:34 PM

What is it with you whiney bunch anyway? That CV_Eviler guy proudly says he just basically afks any match he can't see winning, and here you are basically professing to sabotage the game to screw over other players just because they play a class you hate.

You do realize the shi* you say you're so proudly doing is worse than any in-game balance issue COMBINED, no?

I don't agree with afking ever, but leaving in the first 30 seconds of the match to avoid fighting a broken character... I think that's a players choice.

The devs have had more than enough time to make changes to the Centurion, if players quit at the start of the game to save themselves frustration and grief you can hardly blame them. We do play video games for fun after all, this isn't a job.

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-06-2017, 03:46 PM
i salute the intent but i think we just have to acknowledge that Ubisoft ultimately doesn't care,

they can talk till the cows come home but its action that counts, there's been plenty of time to collect plenty of effing "data" and all we've had to date is that comedy "nerf" of last week that did sweet FA to address the Centurion Cancer,

see the problem is we're seeing this from a players perspective but for Ubi their looking at this from a money perspective, it makes sense for them to make purchasable Characters as OP as fu%k as they know people will spend to win, there's no money in S1 characters so of course S2 will be as OP as Fu#k until they release S3 characters who in turn will make S2 look feeble and all the people who were PK is season 1 and became Centurions in S2 will be whatever the hot new OP as Sh!t character in S3, its cheap but that's business,

JibletHunter
07-06-2017, 05:37 PM
The biggest issue that I see, honestly, is that if centurion CC gets nerfed, the class is dead. It's all he has. It's crazy effective because like a rocket launcher, it doesn't fit the rest of the game, just like shinbone's ability to ranged GB people from behind and kick them over ledges with no risk to himself. But because those classes are 15000 steel or a season pass to play, people paid specifically for those heroes, so removing their gimmicks by nerfing them is basically like selling people a product then reneging and not refunding them. Thus the dilemma: keep the game as it stands and have people perma-salty that there are now two cancerous heroes that don't really fit the game, or nerf them and have the people that paid to play as cancerous heroes be salty that they can no longer do that?

I guess highest stam pool, fast heavies, ;low stamina feints, quick grabs, and the highest wall and light parry punish in the game are not strong enough tools?

kweassa1
07-06-2017, 05:44 PM
I don't agree with afking ever, but leaving in the first 30 seconds of the match to avoid fighting a broken character... I think that's a players choice.

The devs have had more than enough time to make changes to the Centurion, if players quit at the start of the game to save themselves frustration and grief you can hardly blame them. We do play video games for fun after all, this isn't a job.

See, that's where you are wrong.

If you're going to protest something, then you protest it on grounds where you aren't morally compromised in this manner. You do it like how they organized it with the "Blackouts" way back in March, or if you can't be bothered to make efforts on that scale, you do it by either not playing the game, deleting it from your PC, or any method that doesn't basically take "hostage" other people who may not agree with you and make it miserable for them just because you're miserable for some reason.

I've said this a thousand times. When you press that matchmaking button and enter a matchup with other living, breathing people,.you go into a commitment where you're bound by at the least a code of decency required in any kind of social interaction with other human beings. Everyone already knows what the game is like, what potential problems, mishaps, or grievances you might fall into during any number of possible outcomes. You can be matched against people you've got no hope of defeating, or be put into a team with 3 other helpless newbies. You can be fighting against a trolling team of 4 centurions, or your own team might be a premade of trolls that does nothing but spam emotes. Whatever happens in the game, once you enter it you're agreeing to the terms and conditions laid out by the random nature of matchmaking -- whatever players of whatever skill level, preferences and class selection.

Don't try to paint this as some kind of holy crusade where these people are doing any kind of "good", because it ain't. Everyone enters the match KNOWINGLY of what possibilities may be waiting in store for them. Suggesting some kind of wonky "protest" by screwing your own team members, sabotaging other people's efforts into the game, basically ruining everyone else's fun on some weird, personal agenda is simply unacceptable.

The people who just bash the game and quit playing it are like 1000 times better with a more clear conscience than compared to these idiots who say it's OK to backstab both their own team members by afking or not helping them out, purposefully sabotaging the game.,

This isn't even a balance problem or game problem. NOTHING justifies these attitudes. These sort of attitudes are a failure as a human being in the first place, which is worse than any problems in what is merely a game.

Jesus f-in' Christ, m8. It's a game. No matter how serious a problem these people try to paint it, it's still only a game. If you don't like it then you don't play it. That's all there is to it.

So are we really going to say it's OK or understandable to have a scumbag attitude because some of these people think that's their big, holy crusade to rid of the evil within what's just a game?

Get real, man... where do you think afkers and trollers come from? You think those are born from some dark corner of the world?

The people saying these shi*, acting out as if it's some kind of holy quest to bring justice to the game or something?? These guys ARE those trolls. That's where trolls are born of.

RatedChaotic
07-06-2017, 06:02 PM

If you're going to protest something, then you protest it on grounds where you aren't morally compromised in this manner. You do it like how they organized it with the "Blackouts" way back in March, or if you can't be bothered to make efforts on that scale, you do it by either not playing the game, deleting it from your PC, or any method that doesn't basically take "hostage" other people who may not agree with you and make it miserable for them just because you're miserable for some reason.

I've said this a thousand times. When you press that matchmaking button and enter a matchup with other living, breathing people,.you go into a commitment where you're bound by at the least a code of decency required in any kind of social interaction with other human beings. Everyone already knows what the game is like, what potential problems, mishaps, or grievances you might fall into during any number of possible outcomes. You can be matched against people you've got no hope of defeating, or be put into a team with 3 other helpless newbies. You can be fighting against a trolling team of 4 centurions, or your own team might be a premade of trolls that does nothing but spam emotes. Whatever happens in the game, once you enter it you're agreeing to the terms and conditions laid out by the random nature of matchmaking -- whatever players of whatever skill level, preferences and class selection.

Don't try to paint this as some kind of holy crusade where these people are doing any kind of "good", because it ain't. Everyone enters the match KNOWINGLY of what possibilities may be waiting in store for them. Suggesting some kind of wonky "protest" by screwing your own team members, sabotaging other people's efforts into the game, basically ruining everyone else's fun on some weird, personal agenda is simply unacceptable.

The people who just bash the game and quit playing it are like 1000 times better with a more clear conscience than compared to these idiots who say it's OK to backstab both their own team members by afking or not helping them out, purposefully sabotaging the game.,

This isn't even a balance problem or game problem. NOTHING justifies these attitudes. These sort of attitudes are a failure as a human being in the first place, which is worse than any problems in what is merely a game.

Jesus f-in' Christ, m8. It's a game. No matter how serious a problem these people try to paint it, it's still only a game. If you don't like it then you don't play it. That's all there is to it.

So are we really going to say it's OK or understandable to have a scumbag attitude because some of these people think that's their big, holy crusade to rid of the evil within what's just a game?

Get real, man... where do you think afkers and trollers come from? You think those are born from some dark corner of the world?

The people saying these shi*, acting out as if it's some kind of holy quest to bring justice to the game or something?? These guys ARE those trolls. That's where trolls are born of.

You fail to understand most people dont give a sh*t. If they are not having fun and that they feel a hero is the cause of it. They will do anything to avoid it

Code of Decency? lol You do know this game is online right?. As many users in this forum have stated. This game has dished out more hate mail in any game I have ever played in 30 yrs of gaming. Decency is a rare trait here.

JibletHunter
07-06-2017, 06:16 PM

They put the 30 second window in for a reason. If these player's effort to avoid something they don't enjoy uses a game mechanic, then what are your grounds to complain. It seems like this is completely within the intended game design.

"If you don't like it then you don't play it. That's all there is to it." It seems like these "trolls" are following your advice, lol. If you don't like it, then don't play.

ShadowStepped
07-06-2017, 07:16 PM
kweassa1, let me just say ahahaahahahahaahahah. Here you are yet again coming to the rescue. I do not even play the game any more for some of the same reasons I have complained about and others have complained about. I do however enjoy reading these posts. Let me ask you a question. Isn't what you doing now exactly the same thing you are against in your post? Scumbag attitude? Trolls are born of? Justifying attitudes? How about having attitude about individuals having an attitude, typing what you are typing in regard to what other people believe because you do not feel the same way? So while you spend so much time up there on your high horse please understand that you are doing exactly what is upsetting you just on a different side of the spectrum.

brashtralas
07-06-2017, 08:27 PM

1.Because he's cool looking.

2. Because romans are awesome, and playing a skill based sword fighter as a centurion/legionnaire is a dream come true for many(it's why I bought him and ranked him up).

3. He's new and shiny.

4. He is easy to use, and makes "less skilled" players feel as though are are amazing at the game. (I quit using him because it was CONSIDERABLY easier than my previous character, thus making the game boring for me)

5. Griefers like to grief.

6. Those griefed turn to griefing as retribution, producing an endless cycle.

7. Number of centurions is disproportionate because many non-centurions leave a match where one is present, resulting in a swinging door until the position is filled with another centurion. Which in turn results in a mass exodus from the match/lobby to avoid centurions. Ad nauseum.

8. Victory at all costs. People like to win. Want to win in 4v4? Centurion. Want to win in 1v1? Turtle centurion(though this is less safe than 4v4).

9. Lack of fun for non-centurions, because all the centurions lock down opponents in 4v4. If you can tell your opponents are frustrated and incapable of reacting, it's less fun for you as well. So, if you can't beat them, join them.

I'm sure there's more, but those are some reasons I've read/heard/said myself. And some observations.

Y_Shrewditch
07-06-2017, 08:56 PM
, or any method that doesn't basically take "hostage" other people who may not agree with you and make it miserable for them just because you're miserable for some reason.

You do realize that the main complaint against Centurion is how he CC's the living crap out of you, right? Basically he's taking your whole toon hostage, bends him over and has his way.. several times in a row.

How is that for 'courteous'? In no way do I feel obligated to just stand there and take the abuse, just so not to disturb his idea of 'fun'.

Kinda like you are on a quest to bring peace to the game by soapboxing your particular brand of enlightenment and perfect social conduct? ;)

People have different opinions, yours differ from mine. I happen to be of the opinion that the Centurion's gameplay and lack of developers insight was the thing that made me give up on this game.

That's not the players fault, it's Ubi's.

Titanodragon
07-06-2017, 11:41 PM

Dude..... You're a ****ing idiot if you think you have some social contract in a video game like there is some code of honor in this game or any game.

If anyone needs to "get real, man" it's you. It's a game you don't sign over your soul when you join a match. Stop being some white knight Ubisoft *****. The centurion has been know to be unbalanced. The devs themselves have said this. But oh wait we have to collect months worth of data to do anything about it.

It's not people that complain and promote toxic behavior that destroy this game, it's also people like you. People that just say accept it I bought this character or it's in the game so it's fair. Because if that was the case then no character would be buffed or nerfed. The warden 1 hit kill glitch will be in the game along with every other bug in this bug infested game.

So please get rid of this idea that when someone joins a game they owe it to you to stay. They don't owe you ****. Why on Earth would they? Stop being a damn ❄️.

Snoop_Godly
07-06-2017, 11:45 PM
https://youtu.be/qi1LMIUOOAI

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 12:01 AM

Well since you already got lit up by a few people I'm not going to say much.

First off I already said I was against afking, not sure why you wrote a whole paragraph about that.

Using an obviously OP character as your main is a pretty scumbag thing to do from my point of view, so both of our points of view are just a matter of opinion.

Seeing as people want to continue to use and abuse the character I see absolutely nothing wrong with people quitting when the game starts, you don't like it? Stop using this character and you won't see people quitting against you, simple.

This is a balancing issue, saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Lastly I don't know where you're getting this "holy quest" sh** from, people quit when they see Cents not because they are mad, or to protest, but because he's just not fun to play against, even when you win. I'll say it again, games are supposed to be fun, a way to unwind, theres no imaginary contracts in matchmaking.

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 12:01 AM
After a long crummy day at work, all I wanted to do was come home pour a wee dram and play a few rounds of my favourite game. But after about a dozen or so DC's I was finding myself actually more stressed than when I started. But after some trying I was finally able to secure a stable matchup only to be setup with three centurions and a lawbringer....needless to say spamming ensued. After that match I decided I would simply spare myself the headache and simply quit any match containing one in the intro screen. As is in any consumer market we have the ultimate power of whether to support a service or product based on the return value or morals of the said seller. How long would the devs continue sitting on their hands if no one played a game against a centurion? Let me also say that this is the first time since release I have EVER quit a match but I'm done with the cancerous cheeseing from that worthless character, and maybe if there were some solidarity shown among us they might just get the message..

Just a thought

I'm here just to say that I would highly discourage quitting matches just because you dislike the matchup you're in.

As both a representative of For Honor and a fellow player, quitting a match for such a reason just isn't acceptable. Doing so does more harm to your fellow community members, people who are like you - people who just wanted to relax after a long day and get in a few rounds before getting ready for tomorrow. Please don't inflict that kind of negative experience onto those in the same boat as you. And those disconnects you got before you could find a match? I can't say players quitting games is the only reason, but it does negatively impact stability, which then increases everybody's chances at disconnecting or running into an error code. Then even more people's day is ruined.

That 30 second grace period that we give you was not intended to be used in this way. And if we see it's being abused, we won't just sit still. If you have a problem with centurion - take it up with us. You can be mad with us, write angry posts on the forums, tweet mean things at us, trash talk us to your friends - I can understand all that. But disrespecting your fellow community members in such a way? I can't condone that. So please don't do it, and don't encourage others to do the same.

Yes, it will be some time for the changes you all want to come, and maybe that was poor planning and organization on our part. We have to plan around scheduled patch updates and times, we have to consider what the defense meta changes will do if we nerf him too heavily, we have to think about his power in different game modes... - we're sorry we haven't been able to respond more quickly, we can admit that, but it's not for lack of trying.

Centurion is our problem that we need to deal with - and I'm very sorry that the problem has escalated to a point where you feel this is necessary, but i'm urging you to rethink your decisions and actions here.

As always, I'm here if you need to vent out your frustrations. Anybody is free to PM me and I'll willingly be a private punching bag and you can take out your frustrations on me, just don't do it to your fellow players. Thanks.

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 12:14 AM
https://youtu.be/qi1LMIUOOAI

Lol exactly.

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 12:21 AM
I'm here just to say that I would highly discourage quitting matches just because you dislike the matchup you're in.

As both a representative of For Honor and a fellow player, quitting a match for such a reason just isn't acceptable. Doing so does more harm to your fellow community members, people who are like you - people who just wanted to relax after a long day and get in a few rounds before getting ready for tomorrow. Please don't inflict that kind of negative experience onto those in the same boat as you. And those disconnects you got before you could find a match? I can't say players quitting games is the only reason, but it does negatively impact stability, which then increases everybody's chances at disconnecting or running into an error code. Then even more people's day is ruined.

That 30 second grace period that we give you was not intended to be used in this way. And if we see it's being abused, we won't just sit still. If you have a problem with centurion - take it up with us. You can be mad with us, write angry posts on the forums, tweet mean things at us, trash talk us to your friends - I can understand all that. But disrespecting your fellow community members in such a way? I can't condone that. So please don't do it, and don't encourage others to do the same.

Yes, it will be some time for the changes you all want to come, and maybe that was poor planning and organization on our part. We have to plan around scheduled patch updates and times, we have to consider what the defense meta changes will do if we nerf him too heavily, we have to think about his power in different game modes... - we're sorry we haven't been able to respond more quickly, we can admit that, but it's not for lack of trying.

Centurion is our problem that we need to deal with - and I'm very sorry that the problem has escalated to a point where you feel this is necessary, but i'm urging you to rethink your decisions and actions here.

As always, I'm here if you need to vent out your frustrations. Anybody is free to PM me and I'll willingly be a private punching bag and you can take out your frustrations on me, just don't do it to your fellow players. Thanks.

From the horses mouth guys, it won't be fixed anytime soon but "deal with it" or no 30 second grace period.

tbtsrjc
07-07-2017, 12:27 AM

Then tell the developers to hurry up and do their job. Cent has been getting complaints since the launch of season 2 and you guys are working at a snail's pace.

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 12:28 AM
I'm in no way telling you to "deal with it" - I'm saying its an inappropriate way to protest. You're harming others who are just like you and dealing with the same issues you're dealing with instead of directing your frustration where it needs to go.

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 12:38 AM
I'm in no way telling you to "deal with it" - I'm saying its an inappropriate way to protest. You're harming others who are just like you and dealing with the same issues you're dealing with instead of directing your frustration where it needs to go.

Ok, but directing that frustration where it needs to go has done basically nothing at all since season 2 started, and now we hear nothing will be done until season 3. That's a long time to tough it out.

What about the players getting trashed by cents constantly? Are Cents not harming the community as well? I have zero sympathy for centurion players. As far as my teammates go, half of the time I get into games I already have 1 or 2 bots on my team.

Titanodragon
07-07-2017, 12:45 AM

Really.... Bad organization on the devs part no way omg this is news to me...... Maybe fix your **** in a timely manner then that **** wouldn't happen.
Just a thought😁

Titanodragon
07-07-2017, 12:48 AM

What about the harm you have done to the community with all the bugs and Romans child that is safe from nerfing.....

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Ok, but directing that frustration where it needs to go has done basically nothing at all since season 2 started, and now we hear nothing will be done until season 3. That's a long time to tough it out.

What about the players getting trashed by cents constantly? Are Cents not harming the community as well? I have zero sympathy for centurion players. As far as my teammates go, half of the time I get into games I already have 1 or 2 bots on my team.

And I'm sorry about that, really. But that's also still not a good reason to propagate more salt and toxicity right? Cents may be bad for balance in 4v4, heck I'll even say they're probably somewhat unbalanced and bad for the game in their current state, but they aren't harming the community. The community is made up of players, Centurion players are just playing the game (maybe you don't like it but they're still playing within the rules) - when you rage-quit you're doing more of a disservice to the actual community.

tbtsrjc
07-07-2017, 01:02 AM
And your company has done a huge disservice to every gamer that purchased For Honor. New bugs being piled on top of old ones, with little to nothing ever being resolved. Maybe you guys should be less preachy and start leading by example, it would boost the morale of this community and would lower everyone's salt intake.

Titanodragon
07-07-2017, 01:04 AM
And I'm sorry about that, really. But that's also still not a good reason to propagate more salt and toxicity right? Cents may be bad for balance in 4v4, heck I'll even say they're probably somewhat unbalanced and bad for the game in their current state, but they aren't harming the community. The community is made up of players, Centurion players are just playing the game (maybe you don't like it but they're still playing within the rules) - when you rage-quit you're doing more of a disservice to the actual community.

I wonder how many people in the community have quit since season 2, is that not harming your community??? You are literally killing off your player base.... But that's none of my business ☕

The_B0G_
07-07-2017, 01:11 AM

That's the thing though, I'm not trying to propagate more salt or toxicity and it's not a rage quit, I'm not mad when I do it, and it's not a protest either.

I simply just have no interest in playing the game against Centurions, because they make me and everyone of my friends that used to play the game pissed, we'd get home from work, play 3 or 4 games and goto bed angry. So we just don't play against them and it works, we have fun playing.

As long as it's an option I'll be using the 30 second rule that way, if that option gets taken away, I'll quit anyway and play a game of something else and come back because the game just isn't enjoyable watching yourself get pummled for 20 seconds every time you miss a CGB or parry, no other character in the game can do it, just him.

watsonclan335u
07-07-2017, 01:53 AM

So under this logic, spawn ledgers are just playing the game having some fun the way it is? Also sounds like I could draw a parallel to one hit kills by warden being condoned as "not hurting the community" either? Come on man you seriously can't believe what you're actually saying on this occasion, normally you seem to be a reasonable and rational mod here but you're way off base on this one. This is the cause of the effect you guys have had on gameplay, threatening us with further penalties against not wanting to put up with it any longer is just adding bad business practice to an already questionable operating policy.

TheTKOShow
07-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Ok just do something, like the jab after a hit not a block or increase some stam use on his attacks,

Also with season 3 coming new toons are going to bread similar 4 characters of the same class.

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 03:01 AM
So under this logic, spawn ledgers are just playing the game having some fun the way it is? Also sounds like I could draw a parallel to one hit kills by warden being condoned as "not hurting the community" either? Come on man you seriously can't believe what you're actually saying on this occasion, normally you seem to be a reasonable and rational mod here but you're way off base on this one. This is the cause of the effect you guys have had on gameplay, threatening us with further penalties against not wanting to put up with it any longer is just adding bad business practice to an already questionable operating policy.

I'll admit that spawn ledgers are a problem, and we're looking at that. Spawn ledging is not an intended mechanic which is why we want to get it fixed. The Warden OHK was an exploit in which you had to demonstrate clear intention of using it in order to exploit it. So no, none of those are "playing by the rules".
Whatever problems there are, if they need to be fixed on our end, we will do our best to do so - I'm just asking you all to not escalate the problem by rage-quitting just because there's a centurion.

I'm not threatening anything, but I am asking you to not abuse the grace window you have been given.

Mia.Nora
07-07-2017, 03:04 AM

Sadly you guys already overcharged you line of credit when it comes to asking patience and understanding. Maybe in time you can bring your balance back to 0, or who knows maybe to even to positive balance through actions. But all you guys do is keep attempting to overdraft an already exhausted account by asking more.

Titanodragon
07-07-2017, 03:05 AM
I'll admit that spawn ledgers are a problem, and we're looking at that. Spawn ledging is not an intended mechanic which is why we want to get it fixed. The Warden OHK was an exploit in which you had to demonstrate clear intention of using it in order to exploit it. So no, none of those are "playing by the rules".
Whatever problems there are, if they need to be fixed on our end, we will do our best to do so - I'm just asking you all to not escalate the problem by rage-quitting just because there's a centurion.

I'm not threatening anything, but I am asking you to not abuse the grace window you have been given.

So we are not suppose to use a mechanic that was given to us by the dev team..... But it's okay to abuse not intended exploits and bugs.....

watsonclan335u
07-07-2017, 04:05 AM
Well at this point your game leaves me no other choice but to bail whenever I see a centurion, no amount of guilting me can make me reconsider either, as my quality of life and experience within the game have improved tenfold since I have. If you take away the 30sec, then I will do the unthinkable and maybe spend some time with my wife or play a game where the devs actually care about their product. I so love this game and have given it the benefit of the doubt for far longer than most but at this point there is no other logical explanation other than lowest lev management of this product. I am embarrassed at this point to say that ubi is a Canadian company.

Dude_of_Valor
07-07-2017, 10:01 AM
@UbiNoty

I understand that making changes takes time and you want to get it right.

Would it have not been better to restrict players to one character per match (like it is in brawl) in order to stop the x4 Centurion gank? This would have alleviated the problem to a degree, but also have given the developers time to make the necessary adjustments without the pressure of being rushed.

Instead we have what we have right now, and this is so crummy. If the changes are going to take some time, then I would urge that the above change be implemented. Who know's maybe it would make the game even more fun and see a wider range of characters being used.

Lastly did Ubisoft not state that the 30 sec grace was designed to allow players to leave if two reasons came up:

1) RL issues
2) Did not like the look of the opponents.

Yes people quitting sucks, but these are the company words and thus hard to say someone that continues to leave matches for reason X is in the wrong.

Dhaleks
07-07-2017, 11:06 AM
@UbiNoty
Lastly did Ubisoft not state that the 30 sec grace was designed to allow players to leave if two reasons came up:

1) RL issues

Yes people quitting sucks, but these are the company words and thus hard to say someone that continues to leave matches for reason X is in the wrong.

Yes they did say something like that for the 30sec window. Besides, the JIP feature usually finds a new player quickly enough, so quitting during those 30sec doesn't do much harm, really...

Gray360UK
07-07-2017, 11:36 AM
@UbiNoty

I understand that making changes takes time and you want to get it right.

Would it have not been better to restrict players to one character per match (like it is in brawl) in order to stop the x4 Centurion gank? This would have alleviated the problem to a degree, but also have given the developers time to make the necessary adjustments without the pressure of being rushed.

Instead we have what we have right now, and this is so crummy. If the changes are going to take some time, then I would urge that the above change be implemented. Who know's maybe it would make the game even more fun and see a wider range of characters being used.

1) RL issues

As you may remember before I took over doing it, CandleInTheDark used to do the summary of the Warriors Den livestream. These are his notes on the Quit Penalty from the June 1st Warriors Den:

"Rage quit, it is not activated yet and will not be activated until it is also on console, it is a server activation therefore it has to be done on all platforms at once.

In all matchmaked matches, in the first thirty seconds of the match you can quit freely, so if the matchmaking is screwed or a person in your group gets kicked, you can quit."

Y_Shrewditch
07-07-2017, 02:39 PM
The community is made up of players, Centurion players are just playing the game (maybe you don't like it but they're still playing within the rules) - when you rage-quit you're doing more of a disservice to the actual community.

The community is made by players, true. The game however, is made by developers.

I've been at the exact same place the OP is at, seriously tempted to quit any game where a Centurion was in, I hate the character just that much. I don't blame the player, hells, in one of my last matches I've had, the Cent player even thanked me for not cussing at him and being respectful to him as a player.

And I understand bug fixes take time, nerfing needs to be done carefully, not everyone will be happy, the community can get toxic and unicorns fart little rainbows. That's NOT the point.

The point is that too much of what the community warned the devs about was just blatantly ignored, like the ragequit penalty being (ab)used to leave the game prematurely, like the tournament mode failing because of the lack of balance. Hells, the devs couldn't even keep the servers up when the blackout turned into a whiteout.

I can deal with the disconnects, the bugs, the unbalances and all that crap, AS LONG as I have faith the devs are taking it the right way.

The way they're dealing with the Cent lead me to finally lose that faith. The last straw was the guardswitchspeed change for all characters. After months of 'getting data' and deliberating on the best course of actions, they just went the easy way out with a blanket solution; one size fits all.

You may not condone opting out of a game in which you know it will not be fun for you, and maybe it does hurt the 'community'. But in all fairness, I quit the game a couple of weeks ago for the above reasons, and I think many more people did too. THAT'S what hurting the community, and it's not the players fault.

It's the devs who are hurting the community, we're just acting out our powerlessness to get them to listen to reason, for as long as we care to be bothered.

slandarien
07-07-2017, 04:11 PM
@ Ubinoty
So today was actually the first time I quit mid match (300+ hours played), after season 2 the game has gotten very frustrating and boring since it basically revolves around avoiding getting ganked by cents or shinobis. Im good enough to win most fights vs 2 and some against 3. As long as there is no Centurion or Shinobi there. Then its basically impossible, which makes most game modes i play pointless.

So either I quit playing the game, or I leave when there is more than one Centurion and/or Shinobi on other team.
What of these option would you at Ubisoft prefer? Which ruins the players experience the least?

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-07-2017, 04:43 PM
........but what are we supposed to do? so many of us have posted endless comments pleading for something to be done about the Centurion & it all falls on deaf ears, nothing has been done except that comedy Nerf of last week that amounted to a big bag of sweet FA in dealing with this game breaking cancer.

do you honestly expect people to want to stick around and be on the wrong end of the Roman Gang-bang? to just suck it up as they get destroyed 20 times in a row while being utterly powerless to do anything about it because Ubisoft cant get get their act together and fix this issue?

sorry but i too simply quit any game that has more than 2 Centurions and if the 30 second grace period is removed then i will simply quit for honor, i want to enjoy myself, if i get beat by a player who is more skillful than me no problem, the competition is fun but this Centurion is not about skill, its the ultimate EZ mode OP Cancerous spam bot that has completely unbalanced the game, not a bit but a lot.

CandleInTheDark
07-07-2017, 11:15 PM
People used to say this stuff about the Peacekeeper if I recall (hey I've been away a while they still might for all I know) and the devs took, I feel, the right approach in nerfing her step at a time. I wasn't around for the beta but by the sound of it they screwed up pretty hard in over-nerfing the valkyrie and the level of salt they got for buffing her any at all was immense.

Dhaleks
07-07-2017, 11:24 PM
I wasn't around for the beta but by the sound of it they screwed up pretty hard in over-nerfing the valkyrie and the level of salt they got for buffing her any at all was immense.

It's really nothing compared to the salt mine the centurion is.

ChampionRuby50g
07-08-2017, 12:29 AM

From someone whose had their *** handed to them from a full team of cents, or just by 1 cent, I want to say thank you. While I agree that it has taken a stupid amount of time to fix these issues, I can recognise that developing is not as easy as some people think, especially with a community such as For Honors. You're right, salt begets more salt, and it seems like it's a never ending cycle, so I applaud your patience. I've been there with the rest of them angry and calling for a nerf once or twice, but majority of the time that's been a heat of the moment post. Yes the Cent is very strong, maybe even overpowered. But he can be over come. Yes he can take a lot of health away with one combo, but so can other heros, prehaps not as easily but doable. I've done it myself in one combo With Lawbringer, Swift Justice Finisher. Impale into a wall, top heavy side light, top heavy then tap lightens usually that's a huge chunk of health from the enemy, with a resulting Wow! But prehaps because this move isn't as easy to pull off as the Cents devastating moveset is the reason why Cent has so much hate.

The thing that gets me is that he can be easily beatable. The only time I fear a Cent now is if there is two of them, or in a Gank situation. The other day my team of 4 came across a team of 4 Centurions, and this seems like it's enough to make the majority of you guys quit right of the bat. But we decided to stick the game of Dominion out, and give the fight our all and guess what? Sure we got killed, but the team of 4 Cents ended up losing horribly, mostly going negative in K/D, and we decided to spawn camp them to let them really know how scummy it feels to do what they did. So I ask all of you to wait, be more patient, and in the end I strongly believe Ubisoft will fix this game. Look at Rainbow Six Siege for example. At the start of the games life it was incredibly rocky, but now is thriving more than ever. There is still a chance.

So thank you Ubisoft, for making such a great game. But please for the love of us all, fix it in this next month, because I fear that's all the time you have left, with the upcoming release of some great looking games.

watsonclan335u
07-08-2017, 12:45 AM
From someone whose had their *** handed to them from a full team of cents, or just by 1 cent, I want to say thank you. While I agree that it has taken a stupid amount of time to fix these issues, I can recognise that developing is not as easy as some people think, especially with a community such as For Honors. You're right, salt begets more salt, and it seems like it's a never ending cycle, so I applaud your patience. I've been there with the rest of them angry and calling for a nerf once or twice, but majority of the time that's been a heat of the moment post. Yes the Cent is very strong, maybe even overpowered. But he can be over come. Yes he can take a lot of health away with one combo, but so can other heros, prehaps not as easily but doable. I've done it myself in one combo With Lawbringer, Swift Justice Finisher. Impale into a wall, top heavy side light, top heavy then tap lightens usually that's a huge chunk of health from the enemy, with a resulting Wow! But prehaps because this move isn't as easy to pull off as the Cents devastating moveset is the reason why Cent has so much hate.

The thing that gets me is that he can be easily beatable. The only time I fear a Cent now is if there is two of them, or in a Gank situation. The other day my team of 4 came across a team of 4 Centurions, and this seems like it's enough to make the majority of you guys quit right of the bat. But we decided to stick the game of Dominion out, and give the fight our all and guess what? Sure we got killed, but the team of 4 Cents ended up losing horribly, mostly going negative in K/D, and we decided to spawn camp them to let them really know how scummy it feels to do what they did. So I ask all of you to wait, be more patient, and in the end I strongly believe Ubisoft will fix this game. Look at Rainbow Six Siege for example. At the start of the games life it was incredibly rocky, but now is thriving more than ever. There is still a chance.

So thank you Ubisoft, for making such a great game. But please for the love of us all, fix it in this next month, because I fear that's all the time you have left, with the upcoming release of some great looking games.

Wow cool story, so you just violated ubi's invisible code of ethics by spawncamping and playing unfairly as well, not much different than if you'd have just quit in the first place I'd say....wow

Linnix1
07-08-2017, 12:45 AM

Okay it does not take +6 months to lower a character stamina from 1.5 times the amount that half the characters have to around there level.
And if course a team of 4 cents can be beat but is it enjoyable would you want to do it again. Hell no.you wouldn't .
And I wish people would quit using siege as a example for a failed game to come back, what happened to siege was nothing short of a miracle and to expect Ubisoft to pull if off again is borderline insane.

druez
07-08-2017, 01:23 AM
UBINoty very classy response.

ChampionRuby50g
07-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Wow cool story, so you just violated ubi's invisible code of ethics by spawncamping and playing unfairly as well, not much different than if you'd have just quit in the first place I'd say....wow

So what would you do in the situation where 4 Cents, who would say Thanks every time they killed you in a gank, knowingly playing real cheap to make players salty and have a laugh at them, and also in previous games send messages to us abusing us for been bad when they do the 4 man? and these been known for using exploits previously to win? Trust me spawn camping for me is not a regular thing. But in this case it was warranted.

ChampionRuby50g
07-08-2017, 03:02 AM
Okay it does not take +6 months to lower a character stamina from 1.5 times the amount that half the characters have to around there level.
And if course a team of 4 cents can be beat but is it enjoyable would you want to do it again. Hell no.you wouldn't .
And I wish people would quit using siege as a example for a failed game to come back, what happened to siege was nothing short of a miracle and to expect Ubisoft to pull if off again is borderline insane.

Forgot the Centurion has been around for 6 months.
Hell yes it was enjoyable to beat them, numerous times. Especially when they challenged us to 1v1s.
Ubisoft is a multi billion dollar company. They've done it before, they can do it again. Call me insane all you want for having faith in a company.

RenegadeRasta
07-08-2017, 03:13 AM
So what would you do in the situation where 4 Cents, who would say Thanks every time they killed you in a gank, knowingly playing real cheap to make players salty and have a laugh at them, and also in previous games send messages to us abusing us for been bad when they do the 4 man? and these been known for using exploits previously to win? Trust me spawn camping for me is not a regular thing. But in this case it was warranted.

You were spawn camping. A very b!tch move. Should have just looked for another match.

ChampionRuby50g
07-08-2017, 04:33 AM
You were spawn camping. A very b!tch move. Should have just looked for another match.

Should've suffered a 10 minute ban to appease a group of players looking to anger me? Why would I look for another game when we could've, and did win that fight? Prehaps you are one of the people who run around in 4 man gank squad making life miserable for regular players, which is why you seem upset.
As stated only did it to these guys because they have, and where going out of their way to be toxic about it. If my team is dominating another, we do give them a chance and stay back from spawn. If it was the other way around, and the 4 man Cent team was winning you bet they'd be spawn camping us.

RenegadeRasta
07-08-2017, 06:50 AM
Should've suffered a 10 minute ban to appease a group of players looking to anger me? Why would I look for another game when we could've, and did win that fight? Prehaps you are one of the people who run around in 4 man gank squad making life miserable for regular players, which is why you seem upset.
As stated only did it to these guys because they have, and where going out of their way to be toxic about it. If my team is dominating another, we do give them a chance and stay back from spawn. If it was the other way around, and the 4 man Cent team was winning you bet they'd be spawn camping us.

I seem "upset" because you decided to spawn camp. You're the one getting upset for no reason. There's a way to avoid the quit penalty you know.

CandleInTheDark
07-08-2017, 12:54 PM
The thing with centurion currently is there is a disparity between his performance in 1v1 and in 4v4 and the devs said a few weeks ago they do not consider any one mode their main mode in terms of balancing, so they have to keep both in mind.

I don't know how feasible this is but is it possible to somehow make balances specific to game modes? Like I find little problem dodgeing a centurion (bearing in mind I play peacekeeper mostly and one of my side characters is nobushi with hidden stance so your mileage may vary) 1v1 and if I get cornered after doing 90% damage and wind up losing, I consider that my fault for lacking situational awareness, however it is a problem in 4v4 where crowd control is more a thing so in my way of thinking it would be a matter of let's change this in 4v4 but leave it alone in duel.

I''m not a game developer, I don't know how easy or hard that would be, it just makes sense to me that if you have no preferred mode, then each mode needs balancing in different ways in some cases.

kweassa1
07-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Heh, awesome to see you back, Candle.

watsonclan335u
07-08-2017, 07:20 PM
The thing with centurion currently is there is a disparity between his performance in 1v1 and in 4v4 and the devs said a few weeks ago they do not consider any one mode their main mode in terms of balancing, so they have to keep both in mind.

I don't know how feasible this is but is it possible to somehow make balances specific to game modes? Like I find little problem dodgeing a centurion (bearing in mind I play peacekeeper mostly and one of my side characters is nobushi with hidden stance so your mileage may vary) 1v1 and if I get cornered after doing 90% damage and wind up losing, I consider that my fault for lacking situational awareness, however it is a problem in 4v4 where crowd control is more a thing so in my way of thinking it would be a matter of let's change this in 4v4 but leave it alone in duel.

I''m not a game developer, I don't know how easy or hard that would be, it just makes sense to me that if you have no preferred mode, then each mode needs balancing in different ways in some cases.

Yes I agree that centurion is less of a threat in 1v1 but having said that, now we are starting to see some higher rep cents and unfortunately this means they simply get better at spamming the three moves that they have. So what used to be a reasonable situation in 1v1 is gradually favoring the centurion as well, I believe at least one change needs to be immediately implemented to centurion for all modes, likely his ability to drain so much of your stamina or reduce his ridiculously high stamina. Either of those things is a good starting point I think most would agree.

We.the.North
07-08-2017, 09:19 PM
If you have a problem with centurion - take it up with us.

We have since the beginning of season 2, even before Centurion was made available to the whole community we already could see the massive problem he posed in Dominion. Yet, still no change to his cancerous gameplay as of now, many rounds later.

We, as the players, dont have a lot of power over the state of the game. If protesting doesn't work, we'll have to find another way to make our game time more enjoyable. While I don't want to promote quitting during the first 30 seconds of the game when you are faced against a centurion, my selfish game experience dictate I do for the sake of "fun". That's the only power I have over the game. I appologize to the teamates I leave behind, as if being matched against centurions wasn't bad enough ... but then again, sadly I don't know those people and thus sadly, hte grief I cause them doesn't affect me at all. Such is the way of the internet and online gaming experience. You wont change that, you have to work around it.

I agree when players leave during the first 30 seconds against centurions creates another problem. Stability and team balance suffers greatly. In the face of a lack of Ubisoft's solution to the centurion cancer gameplay in 4v4, the players created another problem : Mass Quitting at the beginning of games.

Ubisoft has 2 way to deal with this. Either they finally adress the centurion issues in 4v4 in a meaningful way or they prevent players from quitting during the first 30 seconds since players are abusing it. I believe the latter will hurt for honor more in the long run as players will feel even more betrayed than they are right now.

Season 2 is a mess.