PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Needs to be NERFED SO HARD!

Papa_Brown
07-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Clearly Ubisoft has no idea what they are doing. Every centurion feels way too safe to spam heavy hits because they are fast as his light they are just way too fast. Centurion should not get a free punch from the heavy when it is blocked. They should lower centurion's heavy damage or lower the speed a lot not just 100m/s or whatever it is. The light punch shouldn't be able to put you on the wall. That's pretty much saying that a none charged shoulder bash from warden should put you on the wall. Reduce the amount of stamina he can take from you like Jesus Christ he can drop half your stamina easy while he is still spamming his light attack wait I mean his heavy attacks. Sorry i get confused when his heavy attacks are as fast as his lights. I would like to see other people's comments on this broken hero.

MasterChiefPON
07-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Centurion doesn't get a free punch (jab) when you block his heavy. Block his heavy and look for the punch, if he tries it, dodge it to the side and you get a guaranteed guard break on him no matter what. I hope this helps you a little bit. Aside from that, yes, he has too much stamina and drains a good amount of stamina too. My complain about Centurion would be how hard he punishes light parries or any heavy parry near a wall.

Blasto95
07-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Centurion does not get a free punch from heavy. In fact any punch that you dodge is a free GB.

Centurion already has the lowest heavy attack in the game. Though I do agree it does come out a little to fast even for the weakest heavy attack in the game.

A punch should put you into a wall. But in doing so should not give you a free heavy attack again. What else would you like his punch to do when right next to a wall?

Reduce the amount of stamina he takes away? Sure go ahead. Thats not the big issue here though.

You didnt even bring up the fact he gets a ridiculous punish off a Light parry. Likely because most centurions can not parry a light attack to literally save their digital lives. I play at a decent skill level I think, and could count on one hand the amount of Cents that can parry a light attack. I play on console but that should not take away from the fact that most players simply do not parry lights. And on the other specturm, pros are having absolutely no problem dealing with Centurions. Find me one tournament with a successful Centurion.

XxHunterHxX
07-05-2017, 09:37 PM
They will never nerf hem.....just "deal with it"

A4einboy
07-05-2017, 10:53 PM
he dosent need a nerf he has low hp and can be punish for just about everything plus hes slower so he does need someone with skill to be good with him you guys just dont take the time to learn

Dhaleks
07-05-2017, 11:01 PM
he dosent need a nerf he has low hp and can be punish for just about everything plus hes slower so he does need someone with skill to be good with him you guys just dont take the time to learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMno3nB0hHg&feature=youtu.be

Doesn't need a nerf? Yeah sure...

UbiNoty
07-05-2017, 11:52 PM
We made some nerfs to centurion last week (1.08.02 (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-294574-16/live-update-v10802)) and there's another fix in 1.09 for his cc stacking. As for changes to things like his stamina/parry issues, they may not be coming as quickly as you all might like (and I'm sorry about that), but we are making plans for these kinds of further changes.

Ulrichvonbek111
07-06-2017, 10:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMno3nB0hHg&feature=youtu.be

Doesn't need a nerf? Yeah sure...

Exactly, ,,,and this is from 1 Centurion, ,,yes you all know what it's like when you're playing against 2 or 3 of them.
How can anyone derive any pleasure from winning a game or round of combat using this greatly advantageous trash move.
I bought the Helmet's collector's edition,,this came with the season pass,,so the new characters were unlocked free early..
I can put my hand on my heart and say out of all the time they've been available I've played Centurion once...
Why?
Because he's a pathetic OP fat headed nothing to do with the game gimp...
Like I've said before the knights were over the moon with his heraldic arrival,,,what I laughed at was their great glee,,their cries of "Deus Vult", ,"God wills it" their posts here and on you tube of the mighty crusade...laugh...
YET they still cry Deus Vult with the shockingly OP 2 move spamming Centurions,,yes Deus Vult, ,their mighty giant sized tin of spam who with his historical buddy Centurions happily nailed the son of their God to the cross and murdered his people for a very longgggggggg time....yes dEUs vuLt.

The player or should I say Neanderthal who in your video killed you was probably screaming into a headset proclaiming how mighty they are,,how wonderfully skilful in the art of the kill whilst dribbling out the corner of their twisted maw,,head as fat as an elephants farter,,veins popping whilst blasting a super sized can of "OpEnergyMightyRageJuice"...and a big fat spam filled baguette of murder...

Though I'd like to say with great enthusiasm (jump pump jump)
that what a satisfyingly heavenly feeling it is when my Naginata dispatches many of the fat heads to Elysium....or hell depending on how they fight..
Remember now knights he nailed the son of your man to the cross,,yeah yer buddy...laugh I nearly wet myself.
YOJIMBO 💮💮💮💮

vgrimr_J
07-06-2017, 10:34 AM
its already kinda no brainer to lower his stamina pool because its so huge.

sadly i know how these "plans" are going to work. centurion is gonna get nerfed in beginning of season 3. 2 new heroes are gonna be either "op" or spammy. you guys nerf the other one to useless "almost" and the other one remains dominant like the centurion is now. after season 4 same thing happens.

it was kinda funny how they reacted to shinobis kick so fast and came up with a solution but not with centurion.:rolleyes:

not bashing you here Noty just the devs.

Dhaleks
07-06-2017, 10:48 AM
its already kinda no brainer to lower his stamina pool because its so huge.

This. Why in the world does it have to wait for season 3 to happen? I bet it could be done quickly with a live update - if the devs were willing to.

kweassa1
07-06-2017, 10:53 AM
This. Why in the world does it have to wait for season 3 to happen? I bet it could be done quickly with a live update - if the devs were willing to.

Probably they planning to announce the long-awaited "new meta" patch -- so they'd want to release that first, and then see if things are the same, and if it is then make a change. It won't be practical if they made a class-related balance change, then introduced a meta change, which would make things go different again so they have to change balance again.

Dhaleks
07-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Probably they planning to announce the long-awaited "new meta" patch -- so they'd want to release that first, and then see if things are the same, and if it is then make a change. It won't be practical if they made a class-related balance change, then introduced a meta change, which would make things go different again so they have to change balance again.

I can't imagine any meta where having a stamina pool of 175 wouldn't be OP.

Draghmar
07-06-2017, 11:03 AM
I can't imagine any meta where having a stamina pool of 175 wouldn't be OP.
Why? Balance change: each class have stamina pool of 160-180 and all attacks costs twice as now. Here you go. Simple as that. ;)

vgrimr_J
07-06-2017, 11:49 AM
i cant see this happen that they give every class that huge stamina pool .

Duuklah
07-06-2017, 12:45 PM
We made some nerfs to centurion last week (1.08.02 (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-294574-16/live-update-v10802)) and there's another fix in 1.09 for his cc stacking. As for changes to things like his stamina/parry issues, they may not be coming as quickly as you all might like (and I'm sorry about that), but we are making plans for these kinds of further changes.

Mean while the game is LITERALLY 60% less fun because of huge issues with balance. Bleeding players and our goodwill dry.

1v1 first -

It's not just the Centurion, but he is the clear standout of the current state of the game. Safe character to play.. I took the time to practice parrying the unblock able pin. Man if you mess that ONE window up you will get punished HARD for it. 50% of your life and you will be OOS right where the Cent wants you to spam kicks. Just dodge.. lol... A centurion in the hands of a good player becomes even more dangerous. Most good players have too much self respect to play centurion though and choose Lawbringer...

Which brings me to my next topic.

Lawbringers are another safe/cheese choice that has been left to fester in the game. Talk about a safe character to play! The shove into guaranteed light with almost no window to punish. The parry follow up from heavy into shove into light. Thats a LOT of dmg from one parry and its nearly guaranteed. I mean you can roll back to dodge the light after the shove at a huge stam cost likely running you OOS. Top light that comes out like lighting. LB just moves forward and you know whats coming but good luck avoiding it and even better luck punishing.

Warden - Still the safest bet in the game. Shoulder bash mixup is still nearly impossible to deal with unless you guess right. I want counter play not guessing games. Flicker zone. Top light speed. Great OOS punish. Great mixup from SB.. Just a safe, quality hero.

4v4 ---

In 4v4 BOTH cent and LB have an unreasonable amount of power. The Cent again taking the cake. The amount of unblockable CC in this game is laughable. They keep adding more. Cancerous as the LB flip is, the cents tool kit in this case is worse. If you pop revenge kiss your *** goodbye.

4v4 is FILLED to the brim with Cents, LBs, Conqs, WLs, Easy spammable unblockable CC and ledges. Its like cancer central.

The only mechanic in the game designed to help you in these dire times is Revenge. The ANIMATION from popping revenge makes you UNABLE to dodge. All these cancer heros know this and they will throw their unblockable CC at you RIGHT THROUGH it. Its basically like a beacon for CC... Really dissatisfying.

So Ubinoty you have us waiting and waiting and waiting for fixes to things the DEVS added to the game. Things that were supposed to make the game better, but were implemented without sufficient testing.

All I can stomach right now is to get on and complete my orders and then log off.. I used to LOVE this game, still do, but its like a cheating lover who says they will change but never does.

****!

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-06-2017, 03:13 PM
while i think its pretty widely acknowledged that in 4v4 the Cent is wrecking the Game I keep hearing about the devs reluctance to nerf the Cancer because their worried about harming his 1v1 game, i also hear other players saying how easy he is 1v1 but i have to confess in all modes i really struggle against this character like no other, i played a good number of matches against Cent 1v1 and it was always the same outcome, i kept doing really well but would either run low or out of stamina or get myself slightly boxed in and that was it, i got destroyed, one slip up and the punishment spam begins, stun, stam drain, knockdown, pin rinse repeat, its relentless, 1 mistake and that's it your done? an entire game of playing really well and 1 slight mistake or disadvantageous position and you get wrecked, it really is disheartening,

he just has way way too much of everything, i just don't get how the devs cant see this? refuse to address it? how Cent mains cant acknowledge just how insanely OP their character is? the tracking on his unblockables? the leap distance and tracking? the stuns? the disabling stamina drains? the feats? the damage output? the insane stamina pool? the speed? the parry punishes? the Revenge ignoring move-set? he really is like Superman compered to every other class, I've really really tried to "Git Gud" but i have to admit defeat, this Character and the people who play him and spam the sh!t out of his move-set have utterly ruined this game for me, i simply do not have the ability or skill to respond or counter this ceaseless onslaught, i simply cannot play every mach perfectly and never make one single mistake,

JibletHunter
07-06-2017, 05:54 PM
while i think its pretty widely acknowledged that in 4v4 the Cent is wrecking the Game I keep hearing about the devs reluctance to nerf the Cancer because their worried about harming his 1v1 game, i also hear other players saying how easy he is 1v1 but i have to confess in all modes i really struggle against this character like no other, i played a good number of matches against Cent 1v1 and it was always the same outcome, i kept doing really well but would either run low or out of stamina or get myself slightly boxed in and that was it, i got destroyed, one slip up and the punishment spam begins, stun, stam drain, knockdown, pin rinse repeat, its relentless, 1 mistake and that's it your done? an entire game of playing really well and 1 slight mistake or disadvantageous position and you get wrecked, it really is disheartening,

he just has way way too much of everything, i just don't get how the devs cant see this? refuse to address it? how Cent mains cant acknowledge just how insanely OP their character is? the tracking on his unblockables? the leap distance and tracking? the stuns? the disabling stamina drains? the feats? the damage output? the insane stamina pool? the speed? the parry punishes? the Revenge ignoring move-set? he really is like Superman compered to every other class, I've really really tried to "Git Gud" but i have to admit defeat, this Character and the people who play him and spam the sh!t out of his move-set have utterly ruined this game for me, i simply do not have the ability or skill to respond or counter this ceaseless onslaught, i simply cannot play every mach perfectly and never make one single mistake,

I agree man. Incompetent devs killed this game already. I will certainly not be buying any game Roman works on, regardless if he stays with UBI (which I doubt after his performance).