1 - Plays game for hundreds and hundreds of hours

2 - Gets butthurt about the way the game is heading

3 - Makes youtube talking crap about everything wrong with game

Lyskir
07-04-2017, 06:08 PM
that warlord part killed me xD

Mia.Nora
07-04-2017, 11:08 PM
That was one of the best feedback I have ever heard on For Honor, very spot on with all the examples. I wish someone from higher ups (above the current team of For Honor) would listen to it, and implement a change management in the development team..

Arekonator
07-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Meh pretty typical snowflake.

1 - Plays game for hundreds and hundreds of hours

2 - Gets butthurt about the way the game is heading

3 - Makes youtube talking crap about everything wrong with game

Where is the lie tho?
I fundamentally dislike the elitist attitude some competetive players show (including the author of the video coming to the forum, saying "you guys are not competetive" in the most condescending tone possible), but he is absolutely right that at this point it seems like the devs either dont have a damn clue or are simply refusing to give a damn for whatever reason.

Prime example: Its been well known and admitted that centurion is absolute cancer in public 4v4 matches.
Majority of the problem for average player can be fixed by changing TWO DAMN VALUES.
1. apply pin through uninteruptable stance TRUE => FALSE
2. external attack breaks the pin FALSE => TRUE
There, in this simple move, you made life so much better for all the players in dominion while only marginally affecting his 1v1 ability.
Best part? ITS LITERALLY 15 MINUTE JOB FOR ONE GUY (Ok, it might be slightly more than that but its not a really that much of a stretch).
Instead we have (allegedly) hundreds of people "working on it" and they "might try to fix it" in a patch 12 weeks after character has been relased. That just looks like mind-boggling incompetence.
This is just one example and i could go on and on and on.

Devs please, just roll out patch with balance tweaks every two weeks and if they dont work out, just roll them back in the next cycle. In worst case, you wont acomplish anything in same way like you do now, but at least it will show effort.....

Mia.Nora
07-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Well said Arekenator! Here another one to completely fix centurion cancer in 4v4 without touching 1v1 at all;

External Attacks: Attacks coming form targets that you are not locked into
External Centurion Charged Heavies. Pin =True>False

But obviously developers neither have the grasp to understand their own game to do ANYTHING after 2 months of data gathering, that we can do in 30 seconds of assessment.

Arekonator
07-04-2017, 11:23 PM
If For Honor development cycle taught us anything, its that it takes hundred people and twelve weeks (and forum screaming you non-stop over those twelve weeks) to roll out some simple tweaks.
Maybe.

Titanodragon
07-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Where is the lie tho?
I fundamentally dislike the elitist attitude some competetive players show (including the author of the video coming to the forum, saying "you guys are not competetive" in the most condescending tone possible), but he is absolutely right that at this point it seems like the devs either dont have a damn clue or are simply refusing to give a damn for whatever reason.

Prime example: Its been well known and admitted that centurion is absolute cancer in public 4v4 matches.
Majority of the problem for average player can be fixed by changing TWO DAMN VALUES.
There, in this simple move, you made life so much better for all the players in dominion while only marginally affecting his 1v1 ability.
Best part? ITS LITERALLY 15 MINUTE JOB FOR ONE GUY (Ok, it might be slightly more than that but its not a really that much of a stretch).
Instead we have (allegedly) hundreds of people "working on it" and they "might try to fix it" in a patch 12 weeks after character has been relased. That just looks like mind-boggling incompetence.

Devs please, just roll out patch with balance tweaks every two weeks and if they dont work out, just roll them back in the next cycle. In worst case, you wont acomplish anything in same way like you do now, but at least it will show effort.....

This person literally just fixed cent in one post.........

brashtralas
07-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Why not fix all CC issues and make external attacks return the CC victim return to. Wirral stance?

PDXGorechild
07-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Where is the lie tho?

@UbiNoty, Forward this on please brother.

FluffyRocket32
07-05-2017, 04:17 PM
I remember watching a video almost half a year before the game's release and it was that main developer of this game with the grey beard (don't know his name), talking about For Honor. He was SO passionate about it, he was even the one who had the idea that gave birth to this game after attending German Longsword practice sessions and wanted to replicate what he learned into a game. They've been working on this game for 5 years and they had so much love for it. Now I truly feel that all that's left is just a skeleton crew just doing stuff as a chore only because they have to and can't do otherwise.

I really hope this game explodes with popularity just like Siege did because it's such a nice game and it really deserves it. The animations, sound design, graphic design etc. are absolutely flawless and extremely well done. It's really a shame that this phenomenal work gets overshadowed by some connectivity issues and a general idea that this game is "bad". The worst part is that people defend the statement that this game sucks so passionate without even having tried it.

I had great hopes for this. I'm not going to abandon it but I really hope that more people see through the "curtain" that covers this game and has "BAD" written on it.

Existentialmeme
07-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Awesome video, sum up what's wrong with the game: Clueless and condescending developers who don't even play their own game or give two sh!ts about it.

I was really passionate about this game for a very long time, till weeks after season 2. I personally main Orochi as well, seeing Orochi going from utterly useless to somewhat useable with the Hurricane blast. It's been more than a month that the developers has asked for Orochi feedback, and still nothing...

In the video he didn't even talk about season 2 characters, and it was still spot on. Imagine how many more screw-ups he can say if he even remotely talked about season 2.

To UbiNoty and UbiJurassic, thanks for all the replies and helps. I'm sorry that some of the hate goes to you guys instead of the devs, I feel that you guys are probably required to say that the devs care for the community and are working hard.