PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Ubisoft support and impact on game

Capoupacap
07-04-2017, 04:25 PM
I had a couple of start game disconnection and I was advised to contact ubisoft forum. They basically asked me to check with the router port what I did and so far I have less of the 00600118 issue. I will have to check when playing with same group than before to be sure it actually have an impact on the game.

BUT

I have still a lot of xxxxx137 only at end game, is it possible that it comes from some kind of end game rage quit ?

UbiNoty
07-06-2017, 01:50 AM
The 6000137 is usually a latency issue (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026682/Error-Code-6000137-FH-PC-XB1-PS4). You can see a list of error codes here (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/faqs/000026692/Error-Code-List-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/) of most common errors.

Did you contact support and were instead sent to the forums?

Capoupacap
07-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Not at all Ubi, the support was really OK. I would just say I had to figure myself how to check and configure port redirection but a couple of google search made the job.

I didn't open a new thread on the 137 issue because I wanted to check if it was occurring a lot.

I would like to know if WIFI use can have a relevant impact on game stability

I don't know if it's very relevant but in Belgium we have basically two type of internet contrat: one has a guaranteed bandwidth and the other depend on use of cable (meaning if lot's of customer use it, your bandwidth fall). That can make latency fluctuation right ???

UbiNoty
07-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Not at all Ubi, the support was really OK. I would just say I had to figure myself how to check and configure port redirection but a couple of google search made the job.

I didn't open a new thread on the 137 issue because I wanted to check if it was occurring a lot.

I would like to know if WIFI use can have a relevant impact on game stability

I don't know if it's very relevant but in Belgium we have basically two type of internet contrat: one has a guaranteed bandwidth and the other depend on use of cable (meaning if lot's of customer use it, your bandwidth fall). That can make latency fluctuation right ???

To start, yes, Wifi will impact the stability of your connection, and thus your game. When you use wifi, everything is your home is a potential obstacle to the strength of your signal - your neighbors wifi, your microwave (which also runs on 2.4 GHz), your cordless phone, walls - no matter how great your internet strength, it means nothing for stability in the face of the unknowable hazards of wifi. So if you can opt for an ethernet cable, you should always prioritize that.

And yes, to the second. If you're using the second option, it's definitely a potential source of connection issues if you're fighting other customer's for bandwidth usage.

The latency issue you're seeing still could still be a result of other problems, but if you're using a shared bandwidth and wifi - then those are your biggest, guiltiest looking culprits right now.

Mia.Nora
07-07-2017, 03:09 AM
Personal experience, I have probably one of the best internet people have on this forums; 200mbps Fibre with direct unshared connection.

And 137 errors are a very VERY common occurrence for me. If you are going to waste your money on changing ISP and home setup to fix this issue, just know that it still happens regardless of what you do on your end. And it will keep happening as long as Netcode is not fixed on Ubisoft's end.

Capoupacap
07-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Personal experience, I have probably one of the best internet people have on this forums; 200mbps Fibre with direct unshared connection.

And 137 errors are a very VERY common occurrence for me. If you are going to waste your money on changing ISP and home setup to fix this issue, just know that it still happens regardless of what you do on your end. And it will keep happening as long as Netcode is not fixed on Ubisoft's end.

Yeah maybe put an eject button on my wife's sofa while she's looking Netflix would be less expensive lol :p (second read, you realize of geek this reply is :p).

Anyway, you certainly have a point on this and I'm sure Ubi just wanted to point out home set up issue that can have impact on gaming in general. And these two aren't expensive at all ;)