PDA

View Full Version : How to play as Centurion.

brashtralas
07-04-2017, 03:10 AM
Charge attack---> ground pin---> kick----> charge--->pin---->jab----->charge---->pin--->OR ANY RIDICULOUS STAMINA DRAINING VARIATION OF THIS.

Seriously, Ubisoft. I mean, really and truly. I defend Ubisoft against all the nay-Sayers, all the time. I've gone on record saying that Ubisoft is the most innovative AAA developer(and that, I still stand by), but this is out of hand. I've never had a "bad" Ubisoft experience until now.

I purchased the centurion and repped him up a couple of times. I know his strengths, and his weaknesses. He's imbalanced. Plain and simple.

He utterly ruins any team-based mode, and he's also imbalanced 1v1, albeit for other reasons. No one character should be able to control a fight so well as the centurion does. No one character should be capable of removing player control from the opposing character for such an extended period.

But let's say he isn't imbalanced. Let's pretend for a moment that everyone is peachy-keen with the centurion as far as balance is concerned. That still leaves the BIGGEST issue with the character.

He isn't fun to fight against. He's simply not fun. Period.

Fun is the number one directive.

I'm tired of jointing games and seeing a centurion or two on the other team, and instantly know that they're going to be annoying, skillless griefers from the get-go.

If at any point in a game I can physically take my controller and set it down, and the outcome is EXACTLY THE SAME as had I not, you've failed on some level.

Really, I want to defend you. I can overlook connection and system issues for such a unique game, but not an imbalanced, game-breaking character that's greatest ability appears to be an immunity to developer intervention.

As I said, I paid for the centurion. Even so, I'd like to see him removed from team modes until he's "fixed."

-An annoyed loyal fan.

bmason1000
07-04-2017, 04:13 AM
Charge attack---> ground pin---> kick----> charge--->pin---->jab----->charge---->pin--->OR ANY RIDICULOUS STAMINA DRAINING VARIATION OF THIS.

Seriously, Ubisoft. I mean, really and truly. I defend Ubisoft against all the nay-Sayers, all the time. I've gone on record saying that Ubisoft is the most innovative AAA developer(and that, I still stand by), but this is out of hand. I've never had a "bad" Ubisoft experience until now.

I purchased the centurion and repped him up a couple of times. I know his strengths, and his weaknesses. He's imbalanced. Plain and simple.

He utterly ruins any team-based mode, and he's also imbalanced 1v1, albeit for other reasons. No one character should be able to control a fight so well as the centurion does. No one character should be capable of removing player control from the opposing character for such an extended period.

But let's say he isn't imbalanced. Let's pretend for a moment that everyone is peachy-keen with the centurion as far as balance is concerned. That still leaves the BIGGEST issue with the character.

He isn't fun to fight against. He's simply not fun. Period.

Fun is the number one directive.

I'm tired of jointing games and seeing a centurion or two on the other team, and instantly know that they're going to be annoying, skillless griefers from the get-go.

If at any point in a game I can physically take my controller and set it down, and the outcome is EXACTLY THE SAME as had I not, you've failed on some level.

Really, I want to defend you. I can overlook connection and system issues for such a unique game, but not an imbalanced, game-breaking character that's greatest ability appears to be an immunity to developer intervention.

As I said, I paid for the centurion. Even so, I'd like to see him removed from team modes until he's "fixed."

-An annoyed loyal fan.
Three cheers for that. Well said.

Trbevis
07-04-2017, 05:03 AM
Hate to agree lol he does ruin my dominion experience :/

Gastgrinder
07-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Do it like me, I leave every match where a centurion is in the opposing team.

Halvtand
07-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Thank you for speaking up.
I have been working on a similar post with the same point in mind. The fact that Cent makes the game boring.
The first rule of action games is after all a simple one, it should be fun. Fighting a Cent with all his pinning and controlling moves... Not fun, not engaging, not action packed, not exciting. You miss the parry on a charged heavy and you go "Yup, that's half of my HP and the rest of my stamina in one move, let's see if I can stay alive long enough to get out of exhausted" Where you should go "Damn it, he hit me, I need to foresee his next move to try and turn this around".

guor6800
07-04-2017, 10:21 AM
*Troll mode On*

Just dodge you noob. Git gud and learn to dodge he is trash in 1v1 you can dodge and punish him noob.

*Troll mode Of.*

And dear Roman declared that they cannot address the issue before season 3. So when im gonna release the next superman then im gonna take care of the ******** i did the previous seasons.

Mia.Nora
07-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Very well said. Unfortunately developers are plain bad at this point. They asked for 2 months of data gathering for deciding the best course of action.. which was to do NOTHING. Now they want 2 more months probably after which centurion will be the least of our worries since new 2 characters will have unblockable/undodgeable/unparriable attacks that confirms the next 7 attacks they make with superarmor.

My.Insanity
07-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Dont worry Pesants... your prayers were heard we have finaly found the perfect way to nerf the Centurion:

"[Bug Fix] Centurion’s Charged Heavy cannot pin an enemy already pinned by another Centurion."

oh wait... ehmm its just a Bug Fix.. but ehhmm you know.. it will solves everything.. we promis.. this will completly change the way you face Centurios.. ehmm we need more Data!!!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2vwbfpg.png

guor6800
07-04-2017, 10:51 AM
The worst thing imo is their attitude. They ****ed up big time and they don't even show any will to fix this mess.They just have poor Noty or Jurassic on forums to pr their way out.They just want to milk the cow as much as they can before abandoning the game for good.

I could keep up with the imbalance there is. Even ignore the connection problems. But this developer attitude is what i got fed up with.

RatedChaotic
07-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Just button mash with him. It works. I can see why Roman loves him. He must be a button masher.

Epoqx
07-05-2017, 03:33 AM
I find Cents really funny and enjoyable to play against, once you know how he works. It is some intensive match ups because of the close range pressure.

AnEnticingSquid
07-05-2017, 04:34 AM
I can't stand how you are forced to be a turtle and try to counter EVERY one of his moves.

You can't put any pressure on him, you can't gain any momentum, you can't even ****ing punish him because almost all of his moves can be chained regardless of if he actually hits you or not... He does his leaping face fker of death, you block it, he goes straight into a punch that you have to dodge. You dodge his punch, he goes right into a super fast heavy that unless your expecting, he will land... I main raider, so if I parry ANY of those attacks, I get a free light... If he lands 2 charged heavies, it's game over... He wins.

In the end, what blows my mind about this character is how forgiving he is to the user... He is almost un punishable, all his attacks can be chained regardless of whether or not you miss your opponent or get blocked, and he forces you to turtle up which is exactly the playstyle he was made to beat... He may not be rediculusly op, but he is rediculusly easy to play and as stated above, an absolute chore to fight... When you finish a match and you feel like you just mowed your grass instead of played a game, something's wrong...

bmason1000
07-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Forces you in to defensive play and is designed to crush defensive players. I hadn't thought of that before, you're right.

bmason1000
07-05-2017, 04:53 AM
I wonder if he was actually designed that way intentionally? Like while fleshing out his move set they said "what if on a parry, he gets a combo that eradicates your stamina completely and takes most of your health?" Or if they designed the combo first, saw that you could accomplish it on a parry and said "oops...**** it, leave it in"

AnEnticingSquid
07-05-2017, 05:11 AM
I wonder if he was actually designed that way intentionally? Like while fleshing out his move set they said "what if on a parry, he gets a combo that eradicates your stamina completely and takes most of your health?" Or if they designed the combo first, saw that you could accomplish it on a parry and said "oops...**** it, leave it in"

I don't have the exact quote, but on one of the dev streams Roman straight up said he knew centurian was going to cause tons of problems but put him in the game anyway... There is no way they didn't know he was going to rape 4v4s and piss everybody off... But they promised new characters and they had to deliver... Even if they were unfinished and unbalanced. I feel like it is incompitence... I don't know what other games the devs have worked on but it's clear they are not good at fighting games. I would forgive that, if they made an actual effort to fix their mistakes instead of hoping they will go away on their own... Which is what I think their game plan is with centurian.

Linnix1
07-05-2017, 05:27 AM
I don't have the exact quote, but on one of the dev streams Roman straight up said he knew centurian was going to cause tons of problems but put him in the game anyway... There is no way they didn't know he was going to rape 4v4s and piss everybody off... But they promised new characters and they had to deliver... Even if they were unfinished and unbalanced. I feel like it is incompitence... I don't know what other games the devs have worked on but it's clear they are not good at fighting games. I would forgive that, if they made an actual effort to fix their mistakes instead of hoping they will go away on their own... Which is what I think their game plan is with centurian.

Funny thing I'm sure very few people would have minded them delaying cents and shinobi release if they said it was due to balancing issues.

bmason1000
07-05-2017, 05:50 AM
Funny thing I'm sure very few people would have minded them delaying cents and shinobi release if they said it was due to balancing issues.
I don't know, remember the explosion when we first learned about the "off season?" WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT TWO MORE WEEKS FOR SHINBOBO!!1?!!?1!? it was aaaabsolutely ridiculous. Imagine the outrage if those people were told "sorry, two more weeks after that, too." Ubi could have done it and told everyone to suck it up and deal, which is the right decision, but there would have been some serious outrage.

RenegadeRasta
07-05-2017, 06:07 AM
He does his leaping face fker of death[/B]

Gold XD

bmason1000
07-05-2017, 06:31 AM
Ya know what I'm surprised doesn't show up in the centurion salt fest rants? His throwing knife feat. That pins. An actual projectile ranged attack... That pins.

RenegadeRasta
07-05-2017, 06:40 AM
Ya know what I'm surprised doesn't show up in the centurion salt fest rants? His throwing knife feat. That pins. An actual projectile ranged attack... That pins.

Yes. Let's talk about his stupid *** feats. Bleed Damage. Get rid of it. He doesn't need it. At all. Centurion does not need bleed damage.

Look at this bullsh*t video btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi9F36IMY40

Dude_of_Valor
07-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Yes. Let's talk about his stupid *** feats. Bleed Damage. Get rid of it. He doesn't need it. At all. Centurion does not need bleed damage.

lol that is hilarious! Who the hell does he think he is, Michael Jackson!!!

Sadly the shinobi did not punish with his kick. Any time you dodge a Centurion and know they will not follow up with something, you need to punish them!

JibletHunter
07-05-2017, 06:46 PM

I wonder where AntonioJ is to say that his tracking is fine and peacekeepr's grab tracking is worse. Him defending cent's tracking is absolutely hilarious.