PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys doing ? Like seriously ?

Trenk2009
07-02-2017, 05:59 PM
So yeah:

- Revenge is pretty much irrelevent. It needed a nerf but as of right now, as soon as you face off people that know what they're doing, it's really hard to even win a 1V2. Instead of buffing the attack aspect of the revenge you nerf it. So ******ed. The problem with revenge as of right know is that, even when under revenge, you are affected by CCs and Parrys, which means that even if you defend your self well to obtain revenge, you still have to play defensively and wait for an opportunity to parry in order to get some damage in. But, as I said, once your opponents aren't monkeys anymore, well they just never attack and wait for you to lose your revenge.

So basically: REVENGE IS A MECHANIC THAT PUT AN EMPHASIS ON THE DEFENSIVE META INSTEAD OF BREAKING IT.
And, of course, because of that, top/god tier chars are even more relevant than low/thrash tiers ones because vortexes make you fall. Well done.

- Centurion is still stupidly OP.
One sentence to sum it up: Completely breaks the meta thanks to vortexes, unlockables and feints and yet can also completely abuse of it.
High damage, almost no stamina consume what so ever, a lot of hard to dodge unblockable/vortexes, fastest heavys of the game, (as fast as lights), variable attack timing makes it a nightmare to parry, constant stun state so can't see ****, INSANE stamina drain, zone attack which is more of a freaking shield surrounding the char, 1v2 situations absolutely impossible to win, absolutely insane parry punish that drains stamina from full to 0, and probably the most overpowered feats ever,
This added to his incredible number of mixups makes it probably the hardest char to play against ever.
Oh yeah, and also, let's not forget the amazing punch + heavy on a wall, making you unable to escape. So ******ed.

- Shinobi is still stupidly UP.
Okay listen, I get that the kick was a bit too much, but why increasing the stamina cost of dodging? If the kick is the problem then increase the stamina cost of the actual kick. And also, what with this super-reflex defense ? Like seriously ? It only makes blocking super inconsistent. Simply switch it to a regular assassin block duration instead of this ********.

- Ranked game mode only shows the worst part of the game.
Since most players play to win, try harders are at the top of the world. And so you see it: the incredible unbalance of the game. Turtulling all game or playing the top 5 chars (Warlord, Warden, Lawbringer, Conq and Cent) is the only way to win. I did 12 tournaments, on the 12, 3 of those were actually fun. With players playing low tier char, trying to outplaying you by anticipating and being unpredictable, mixing aggressivety and defense correctly. The other 9 where either full top 5 chars, or either some PK or Orochis that spend all game turtelling and flickering
The mode works well as it self, but in the state the game is right now, that pretty boring.

For Honor is a great game honestly. Bur some balance issues really need to be loked at before thinking of implementing a ranked mode.

Gastgrinder
07-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Donīt waste your time.
Ubi is not interested, this game is broken.
There have already been thousands of good suggestions from the community.
Almost nothing was accepted by Ubi and what was accepted was badly implemented.

UbiJurassic
07-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Thanks for writing up your feedback, Trenk2009. We know that there are concerns with the Defense meta and the team is continuing their work on developing a patch to address it. However, revenge isn't a mechanic that was intended to break the defense meta, nor reinforce it. The mechanic serves as a means to give a player a slight advantage, should they become outnumbered. While it certainly is intended to increase your survivability, it does not ensure victory. Only your ability to outplay your enemies can do that. Our most recent changes to revenge are only our first steps in revamping the mechanic and we'll share more information as we get close to the release of the rest of the revamp.

We know that Centurion is still a prime concern for the community, especially in 4v4, and we have started rolling out changes to him that will continue into Season 3. Our most recent update to him was this past week via a live update on all platforms.

We've seen some players describe the current state of the Shinobi as underpowered since his nerfs. We are certainly reading over this feedback and are watching his statistics. Should we find that Shinobi is in need of further adjustments to bring him up to par with the rest of the hero roster, we will do so.

Mia.Nora
07-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks for writing up your feedback, Trenk2009. We know that there are concerns with the Defense meta and the team is continuing their work on developing a patch to address it. However, revenge isn't a mechanic that was intended to break the defense meta, nor reinforce it. The mechanic serves as a means to give a player a slight advantage, should they become outnumbered. While it certainly is intended to increase your survivability, it does not ensure victory. Only your ability to outplay your enemies can do that. Our most recent changes to revenge are only our first steps in revamping the mechanic and we'll share more information as we get close to the release of the rest of the revamp.

We know that Centurion is still a prime concern for the community, especially in 4v4, and we have started rolling out changes to him that will continue into Season 3. Our most recent update to him was this past week via a live update on all platforms.

We've seen some players describe the current state of the Shinobi as underpowered since his nerfs. We are certainly reading over this feedback and are watching his statistics. Should we find that Shinobi is in need of further adjustments to bring him up to par with the rest of the hero roster, we will do so.

Seeing replies like this is making me lose all hope about this game. If we looked at posts from the mods a months ago, they have been saying Defense Meta patch was just around the corner and almost ready. And mind you last months was already 3 months late for it. Now they talk about it as if it is scheduled for season 3.

And about Centurion.. we have been stalled for 8 weeks for more data. literally that was what was said: more data. And then they just fixed a few bugs without any actual change to gameplay problem he causes and pushed out the possibility of a fix to season 3. And now they are trying to sell that as if it was actually meaningful work.

Every passing day I despise the team more and more for not fixing any parts of this immensely broken game and trying to PR their way out of it instead..

broly0204
07-03-2017, 04:03 AM
Revenge does not need to be nerfed anymore, if you do it will not even increase survivability. Revenge mode I thought stated the purpose in the name, to get revenge on those who are grouping up and/or doing something janky to you. That is barely possible now, and will not be possible if you nerf it even more. The best suggestion I have heard concerning revenge is to make it stronger, similar to how it used to be, but make it really hard to get, so that if you do actually manage to survive a massive onslaught of all kinds of unblockables, heavies and and attempted ledgings, and I mean massive, then you should have the ability to pop revenge, and well, get revenge on those who grouped up on you. So PLEASE, DO NOT NERF REVENGE, this is the majority opinion on social media sites such as facebook and reddit. These forums seem to be the only place where everyone wants it nerfed. So please, listen to the greater population rather than just the small group who come on these forums, I have seen mediocre comment spreads on reddit and facebook that destroy the biggest spreads on here.

nufrancis
07-03-2017, 05:31 AM
Revenge does not need to be nerfed anymore, if you do it will not even increase survivability. Revenge mode I thought stated the purpose in the name, to get revenge on those who are grouping up and/or doing something janky to you. That is barely possible now, and will not be possible if you nerf it even more. The best suggestion I have heard concerning revenge is to make it stronger, similar to how it used to be, but make it really hard to get, so that if you do actually manage to survive a massive onslaught of all kinds of unblockables, heavies and and attempted ledgings, and I mean massive, then you should have the ability to pop revenge, and well, get revenge on those who grouped up on you. So PLEASE, DO NOT NERF REVENGE, this is the majority opinion on social media sites such as facebook and reddit. These forums seem to be the only place where everyone wants it nerfed. So please, listen to the greater population rather than just the small group who come on these forums, I have seen mediocre comment spreads on reddit and facebook that destroy the biggest spreads on here.

Totally agree, even with revenge the survival rate for 1vs2 and above is very low

Tirik22x
07-03-2017, 05:57 AM
Nailed it, bro!

Well said.

This game has the potential to be the best game ever... literally. And they're throwing it away.

Captain-Courage
07-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Donīt waste your time.
Ubi is not interested, this game is broken.
There have already been thousands of good suggestions from the community.
Almost nothing was accepted by Ubi and what was accepted was badly implemented.

Don't worry, players aren't interested anymore neiher, at least on PC, but I wouldn't be surprised if numbers on other platforms follows the same tendency.

Blasto95
07-03-2017, 07:30 PM
I agree with alot of your points on the state of the game, Centurion needing to be adjusted (though barely for 1v1, much bigger issue in 4v4) but you completely outed youself as a Shinobi fanboy.

Shinobi is in no way underpowered.

Trenk2009
07-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Shinobi in no way underpowered ?

You clearly don't understand the game you are playing then mate.

That's pretty simple tho. The meta is defensive. Indeed, for honor game's mechanics offers way more chance to defeat an opponent thanks to defensive behavior instead of attacking behavior.
Knowing this you can then easily make a tier list of the different chars of the game:

-Those who can easily (what I mean by easily is: with an interesting risk/reward ratio) open up defenses and/or those who get an especially good reward after using defensive moves (parrying/blocking) are going to be top/god tier. (Warlord, Warden, Lawbringer, Conq, Cent)
-Those who have to be a bit more creative to open up a defense and/or that can't really get something unusual out of a defensive move are going to be mid tier. (Raider, Shugoki, Nobushi, Flickering Orochi and PK)
- Those who can get easily/heavily punished and/or that need to be attacking in order to be efficient are going to be low/thrash tier. (Berserker, Valkyrie, Kensei, Shinobi)

Simple as that. (Ofc the mid/low tier is debatable, top tier isn't tho)

So yeah, because of his life pool, shinobi, even tho not being easily punishable, is heavily punishable. Against a turtle, a single parry get rid of half of his health. Shinobi is often a matter of debate simply because, at lowers levels, Shinobi is an gameplay-breaking char, just like valk is. But, when talking balance, high level play is the most important data.

But I guess calling someone a "fanboy" is easier than to actually give arguments about why you think he's not underpowered.

Snickers-Bar
07-03-2017, 11:45 PM
You can't put shinobi in low tier as kensei, really practice more.

Trenk2009
07-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Kensei is trash tier while Shino is low tier. So yeah I'm not really putting them in the same tier actually but shino is still a low tier char.
If shino had the same life pool as kensei however, I would put it in mid tier.

MasterChiefPON
07-04-2017, 01:19 PM
I'm losing my patience waiting for the defensive meta patch. They said it was going to happen in Season 2, that it was very close but it seems like it actually is going to come at the end of Season 2 or at the beginning of Season 3.