PDA

View Full Version : Buff Orochi

Baturai
07-02-2017, 04:43 PM
I hate to admit, but without Flicker Zone and faint into top light... or gb.
This hero is pretty useless against hard turtles.. so you are forced to go defensive mode, which is a nonsense as an Assassin.
you know, it really hurts to see that vanguard type of classes have more oppennings and mixups than an Assassin.

a hero shouldnt be all about 2 Attacks.. Its kinda poor you know.

Reduce motion cds please. make moving/dashing more fluently end effective.

or implement Skill tree. with many options, player can choose.
more active passive skills..
once you're hit by bash type of attacks, you are literally helpless. or have a 50/50 chance..to do smething , these numbers Are too High for Survival.
"chance" requires LUCK, Assassins NEED SKILL. Not LUCK.

its in your Hands to revive this game again. really it makes me very upset.

sry bad english

Netcode_err_404
07-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Orochi is perfectly fine, is the current meta that is wrong, and they are soon™ fixing it.

No point in buffing and nerfing classes if the defensive meta is still here.

UbiJurassic
07-02-2017, 09:37 PM
I hate to admit, but without Flicker Zone and faint into top light... or gb.
This hero is pretty useless against hard turtles.. so you are forced to go defensive mode, which is a nonsense as an Assassin.
you know, it really hurts to see that vanguard type of classes have more oppennings and mixups than an Assassin.

a hero shouldnt be all about 2 Attacks.. Its kinda poor you know.

Reduce motion cds please. make moving/dashing more fluently end effective.

or implement Skill tree. with many options, player can choose.
more active passive skills..
once you're hit by bash type of attacks, you are literally helpless. or have a 50/50 chance..to do smething , these numbers Are too High for Survival.
"chance" requires LUCK, Assassins NEED SKILL. Not LUCK.

its in your Hands to revive this game again. really it makes me very upset.

sry bad english

Thanks for the feedback on the Orochi. We've certainly heard from other like-minded players that feel the same way about the Orochi, as he is currently, and we are monitoring his status in the current state of the game. Appropriate balance changes will be made should we find that he is not performing as well as he was intended.

Yoshimitsu_440
07-03-2017, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the Orochi. We've certainly heard from other like-minded players that feel the same way about the Orochi, as he is currently, and we are monitoring his status in the current state of the game. Appropriate balance changes will be made should we find that he is not performing as well as he was intended.
Wow. Thanks for deleting my post, nice feedback.

Existentialmeme
07-03-2017, 03:22 PM
The only thing I want is riptide strike feint, that's all I ask

Tyrjo
07-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Orochi is fine. Nimble as feck and fast attacks. I frequently see Orochis top the score board.

Existentialmeme
07-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Orochi is fine. Nimble as feck and fast attacks. I frequently see Orochis top the score board.

He is fine, but he has a extremely dead move: riptide strike, the only times I can somewhat use that is when I'm running away from someone and suddenly use it. Any other time you're asking to be parried if you use it

dragon7jdc
07-03-2017, 08:32 PM

Thats good to hear as an orochi main. how is he intended to preforme ? because maybe i have been using him the wrong way.

UbiJurassic
07-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Wow. Thanks for deleting my post, nice feedback.
We try not to stealth delete posts around here, unless they severely break our forum rules. The system says that you deleted the post yourself. If that's not the case and you'd like the post restored, I'd be more than happy to do so.

To answer your question from it though, the team is still looking over the feedback that was provided several weeks about about the Orochi and are likely in the early stages of testing changes. Should the changes be finalized, we will look to let players know about them.

Thats good to hear as an orochi main. how is he intended to preforme ? because maybe i have been using him the wrong way.
Generally, we would like to see all heroes performing at a similar level, with no one hero having stats that far exceed the others. By saying "how he is intended to perform", I meant to imply that he should have a stable overall performance among other heroes and that they are not exceeding or underperforming in varying aspects. How you choose to play Orochi is entirely up to the player.

Snoop_Godly
07-04-2017, 01:48 AM
The only thing I want is riptide strike feint, that's all I ask

That would be nice. Personally. I'd be happy with a 100% guarantee that hurricane blast could not be dodged out of. Every assassin has a deflect that can't be blocked or gotten out of. Orochi just gets punished for punishing people. Every Dam hero can dodge out of it. If the device fixed that into a 100% guarantee that no hero assassin or otherwise couldn't get out of it I'd be satisfied. I'm a rep 30 orochi and it's so Dam annoying getting punishment because of this broken move. they fixed that and made storm rush In to a later faint and riptide a faint (also take a step back more) I'd be happy. It would add balance to his range. Wouldn't need to just rely on being up close. His gb is the shortest. So any other hero can either keep distance or just turtle and wait. If they added all three of what I said. He'd be a beast in the right hands. Bit can easily get destroyed if not used right.

Existentialmeme
07-04-2017, 04:52 AM
That would be nice. Personally. I'd be happy with a 100% guarantee that hurricane blast could not be dodged out of. Every assassin has a deflect that can't be blocked or gotten out of. Orochi just gets punished for punishing people. Every Dam hero can dodge out of it. If the device fixed that into a 100% guarantee that no hero assassin or otherwise couldn't get out of it I'd be satisfied. I'm a rep 30 orochi and it's so Dam annoying getting punishment because of this broken move. they fixed that and made storm rush In to a later faint and riptide a faint (also take a step back more) I'd be happy. It would add balance to his range. Wouldn't need to just rely on being up close. His gb is the shortest. So any other hero can either keep distance or just turtle and wait. If they added all three of what I said. He'd be a beast in the right hands. Bit can easily get destroyed if not used right.

Orochi does have a guaranteed light after deflect, the hurricane blast would be too strong with guarantee in my opinion.
You can cancel your hurricane blast with light or grab, if you use it too much people will start dodging it

riptide strike also has a problem that people can grab you out of it easily during startup. a step back more would solve this.

Snoop_Godly
07-04-2017, 05:20 AM
Orochi does have a guaranteed light after deflect, the hurricane blast would be too strong with guarantee in my opinion.
You can cancel your hurricane blast with light or grab, if you use it too much people will start dodging it

riptide strike also has a problem that people can grab you out of it easily during startup. a step back more would solve this.
True. But it does say a guarantee. They shouldnt liable it as such but I can see what you mean. But with his limitations of his moves. It's a bit disappointing getting punished by people who spam attacks. It's an awesome move. Just a shame it ain't a 100% guarantee. The wind gust is little more than a light attack. The zeros got a guaranteed gb. Thrown against the wall. Top heavy. It's a lot of damage. The pks got bleed. If land attacks then that bleeds still there chipping away at you. Same as the shin. Shins got two (don't see many people using at all) personally a deflect should be a guaranteed hit for all assassins. Just a pain when you got the likes of cent. Lb. Warlord. Warden. conquer. All spamming unblockables. Easily chipping away health one way or another. All the orochi has is top lights (easily blocked or parried) zone a track. A big stamina drain for so little damage. Personally. Out of all the assassins he's the most under powered. Shins got distance and speed. Pks got bleed and speed. Zeros got the biggest damage deal out of all the hero's and the orochi is like the mascot lol. He does need a lot of love

Deathdrawn
07-04-2017, 05:25 AM
As an Orochi main, I think Orochi is in a ****ing horrible spot. No, not an "underpowered" spot, but a spot where he gets to use almost none of his kit because all of it is poorly designed and too easy to punish.This doesn't make him underpowered though. Why? Because you just spam top lights and zones. Much like peacekeeper, the kit is limited and easy to punish, but the light attacks are rewarding and low risk. With this design, every orochi and PK will just spam lights and avoid using their kit. When's the last time you ACTUALLY saw an orochi use riptide strike? I almost NEVER see other orochis do it.

TheTKOShow
07-07-2017, 01:43 AM
deflect ftw
Practice feinting heavies for a deflect. Big damage there.

But I do believe orichi could use two things.

One during storm rush give us the ability to use the crashing wave when we reach the op.

And during riptide strike the ability to cancel that for anything, like a zone, or even a side light attack.

TheTKOShow
07-07-2017, 01:48 AM
As an Orochi main, I think Orochi is in a ****ing horrible spot. No, not an "underpowered" spot, but a spot where he gets to use almost none of his kit because all of it is poorly designed and too easy to punish.This doesn't make him underpowered though. Why? Because you just spam top lights and zones. Much like peacekeeper, the kit is limited and easy to punish, but the light attacks are rewarding and low risk. With this design, every orochi and PK will just spam lights and avoid using their kit. When's the last time you ACTUALLY saw an orochi use riptide strike? I almost NEVER see other orochis do it.

Bro riptide crushes cents dreams of kicking me. And hello hurricane blast is so much damage, learn this and you will enjoy orochi

TheTKOShow
07-07-2017, 01:53 AM
True. But it does say a guarantee. They shouldnt liable it as such but I can see what you mean. But with his limitations of his moves. It's a bit disappointing getting punished by people who spam attacks. It's an awesome move. Just a shame it ain't a 100% guarantee. The wind gust is little more than a light attack. The zeros got a guaranteed gb. Thrown against the wall. Top heavy. It's a lot of damage. The pks got bleed. If land attacks then that bleeds still there chipping away at you. Same as the shin. Shins got two (don't see many people using at all) personally a deflect should be a guaranteed hit for all assassins. Just a pain when you got the likes of cent. Lb. Warlord. Warden. conquer. All spamming unblockables. Easily chipping away health one way or another. All the orochi has is top lights (easily blocked or parried) zone a track. A big stamina drain for so little damage. Personally. Out of all the assassins he's the most under powered. Shins got distance and speed. Pks got bleed and speed. Zeros got the biggest damage deal out of all the hero's and the orochi is like the mascot lol. He does need a lot of love

Next time your on a orochi in a 2v1 and if you can party the second attacker you can hurricane blast him as well. Instead of the parry dodge into the attack at the right time and you can hurricane blast him back to a respawn timer. Plus revenge and hurricane blast is like 70 percent of a health bar. Hbu after and you have yourself an execution.

Snoop_Godly
07-07-2017, 02:27 AM
Next time your on a orochi in a 2v1 and if you can party the second attacker you can hurricane blast him as well. Instead of the parry dodge into the attack at the right time and you can hurricane blast him back to a respawn timer. Plus revenge and hurricane blast is like 70 percent of a health bar. Hbu after and you have yourself an execution.

Yeah I know that. Deflect the second one and it locks onto that target. It's a guaranteed hurricane blast because the other person Dont expect it. It is nice to get it. Makes the other guy think twice. But in 1v1s. It's pretty useless unless you come up against a half decent player or don't know much. And those are now very rear indeed. Crashing wave is in my opinion needs to be faster. Riptide strike needs a step back. One step would be perfect. It does help against cents using the kick. Valks are another story unless it's from the side or the spammable (gotta keep that floor clean) sweep. His side lights should be a bit faster. His actual lights compared to the Kensei is terrible. Kensei will hit you first. Even though he is so easy to deflect. It's very rear I miss a deflect. It's just satisfying. But I will have to try to faint into deflect. Can they still dodge out of It though? I mentioned on a post of mine about openers for the orochi. Why don't they just put in tolzens unblockable kick from the story? Moves already there and the code. Would only need the input of A+X just take out the knock down affect.

Snoop_Godly
07-07-2017, 02:32 AM
Oh I forgot to mention. If you got the feat skip through and then use a wind gust. It's just under about a top heavy. Shame can't make both the deflect into a start up of a execution. If the hurricane blast or wind gust was the last hit of course. Would be nice :)

Xb1MasterNoctis
07-07-2017, 03:49 AM
Orochi, as he is currently, and we are monitoring his status in the current state of the game. When Ubisoft say this it means their not really looking into there just saying that to keep everyone happy.

Existentialmeme
07-07-2017, 06:10 AM
deflect ftw
Practice feinting heavies for a deflect. Big damage there.

But I do believe orichi could use two things.

One during storm rush give us the ability to use the crashing wave when we reach the op.

And during riptide strike the ability to cancel that for anything, like a zone, or even a side light attack.

Deflect into hurricane blast is quite easy to dodge in high-level play, they can either dodge last and get a grab, or dodge early and get a side attack because the only other option for you is to grab them.
I consider myself pretty good at deflects (Orochi deflect main), Hurricane blast is awesome in dominion because most people just don't expect it, but in duel, brawl or even elimination it's not that hard to dodge it.

Storm rush into lightning strike would make more sense, not into a unlocked move :) but isn't that adding more 50/50s into the game?

Riptide strike is just sh!t right now, it's a cry for parry because it's slow af and un-feint-able. we NEED this move to be feint-able...

Also Hurricane blast should definitely be able to execute..

Rikuto01.tv
07-07-2017, 07:05 AM
on console orochi is what i would consider high tier, but not top tier.

on PC I would consider him mid tier. and not the good kind of mid tier.

dragon7jdc
07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
i just can't take anyone who says just use top light seriously. if you win this way. be sure that your opponent is a new player who just started playing today. other than that you can't win like this. even pk and shinobi cant just win by spaming lights.

Rikuto01.tv
07-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Yea, you need to zone too. And when recovering stamina, use threat of whiff punishment from storm rush.

That's not to say top light spam isn't important. It's the conditioning that sets up everything else.

I don't think riptide strike needs a feint though. Feints are nearly all useless in this game. Adding another useless feint won't help anybody.

Long range attacks can remain at their current speed. Some attacks need to be repurposed to be shorter range and faster to the point they are not easily reactable. There is nothing inherently wrong with unreactable attacks in fighting games, they just need to be limited in some manner. Range is a good limit.

dragon7jdc
07-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Yea, you need to zone too. And when recovering stamina, use threat of whiff punishment from storm rush.

That's not to say top light spam isn't important. It's the conditioning that sets up everything else.

I don't think riptide strike needs a feint though. Feints are nearly all useless in this game. Adding another useless feint won't help anybody.

Long range attacks can remain at their current speed. Some attacks need to be repurposed to be shorter range and faster to the point they are not easily reactable. There is nothing inherently wrong with unreactable attacks in fighting games, they just need to be limited in some manner. Range is a good limit.

I have been trying to test to see if you can connect a storm rush into another storm rush.
Is it possible ? has it been done before ?
What are your thoughts ??