PDA

View Full Version : Warden has got to change

BiggieChees2017
07-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Look, so I main the warden, and honestly found it kinda sombering to find out how much people hate him. Considering how cool I think he is. But nostalgia aside, I do see a point. That shoulder bash is cancer. I mean, there's the 50/50, but there's also fully charged bash into top heavy, as well as straight up canceling the shoulder bash. It just wasn't a smart choice in his kit IMO. If you took out gb cancel it would be manageable, but if you do that, warden automatically becomes the worst class in game. Crushing counterstrike doesn't make his entire kit viable alone! And if you keep nerfing shoulder bash by making it slower or extra stamina cost or what have you, it ends up being too punishable and he's back to being the worst class.

I say we get rid of shoulder bash.

It's the only thing unique about his kit, and it's obviously broken! I'm rep 14, so I'm tired of the MOUNDS of hatemail I get for playing the warden and utilizing the only frikkin thing he has- shoulder bash. Frankly, he needs a complete rework. I'm not talking about a LB style rework, I'm talking give him something new. Look into charged heavies or attack cancels or anti-turtle openers or something. Perhaps give him the ability to charge his heavy for hyperarmor and increased damage and allow it to combo with lights to make an opportunity for another heavy in the chain or you could choose to combo another heavy and charge into unblockable. Whatever it would be, it should still have a unique flair and be fun to play, not cheese-prone and boring as it is currently. Whaddya think? You agree, or do you think I'm dumb?

kanuzira
07-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Look, so I main the warden, and honestly found it kinda sombering to find out how much people hate him. Considering how cool I think he is. But nostalgia aside, I do see a point. That shoulder bash is cancer. I mean, there's the 50/50, but there's also fully charged bash into top heavy, as well as straight up canceling the shoulder bash. It just wasn't a smart choice in his kit IMO. If you took out gb cancel it would be manageable, but if you do that, warden automatically becomes the worst class in game. Crushing counterstrike doesn't make his entire kit viable alone! And if you keep nerfing shoulder bash by making it slower or extra stamina cost or what have you, it ends up being too punishable and he's back to being the worst class.

I say we get rid of shoulder bash.

It's the only thing unique about his kit, and it's obviously broken! I'm rep 14, so I'm tired of the MOUNDS of hatemail I get for playing the warden and utilizing the only frikkin thing he has- shoulder bash. Frankly, he needs a complete rework. I'm not talking about a LB style rework, I'm talking give him something new. Look into charged heavies or attack cancels or anti-turtle openers or something. Perhaps give him the ability to charge his heavy for hyperarmor and increased damage and allow it to combo with lights to make an opportunity for another heavy in the chain or you could choose to combo another heavy and charge into unblockable. Whatever it would be, it should still have a unique flair and be fun to play, not cheese-prone and boring as it is currently. Whaddya think? You agree, or do you think I'm dumb?

He needs some new attacks instead of the shoulder bash I give you that but he is in no need for extra damage on moves since that is sufficient enough. I would give him somewhat more speed and new attacks