PDA

View Full Version : Pls make official servers, thenyoull get 90% of your players back give or take

neonninja427
07-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Peer to peer connection was tolerable until I play an hour and cant even finish a f*cking game. Ubisoft ,this game has so much potential its not even funny just fix the big problem then worry about the little things, prioritize.

Mia.Nora
07-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Nope, we first need a tournament mode where you get to wait 4 times the actual game play. And that is if they ever get to make it working, because right now it is an error simulator only.

People have been telling them since betas that P2P is not working, and they have been telling us that it is their top priority. And here we are so many months later, no change, no improvement, no hope on the horizon.

XxHunterHxX
07-02-2017, 11:48 AM
People knew form Alpha the game wont work on P2p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3uencRYPWw

Bob__Gnarly
07-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Haha way too late to save the game now. Just try to enjoy it while there's still a couple players still playing.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 02:01 AM
...just got bashed to heck a few days ago for blindly following "YooTooBers", and yet, still doing the same I see. LOL. :rolleyes:

...and no, you could have perfect connection and the numbers would've still dropped. It's just what all fighting games are going through in PC environment. Just like how you could give the game a perfect balance, and the exact same idiots whining in this forum would still be moaning then.

Mia.Nora
07-03-2017, 02:03 AM
just report kweasa

Linnix1
07-03-2017, 02:07 AM
...just got bashed to heck a few days ago for blindly following "YooTooBers", and yet, still doing the same I see. LOL. :rolleyes:

...and no, you could have perfect connection and the numbers would've still dropped. It's just what all fighting games are going through in PC environment. Just like how you could give the game a perfect balance, and the exact same idiots whining in this forum would still be moaning then.

Yes fighting games don't get received well of pc but that's mostly due to the game not being made with pc in mind witch leads to a terrible port and other fighting games most people leave it saying meh not for me. Most people leave for honor saying I regret buying this.

kweassa1
07-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Yes fighting games don't get received well of pc but that's mostly due to the game not being made with pc in mind witch leads to a terrible port and other fighting games most people leave it saying meh not for me. Most people leave for honor saying I regret buying this.

Most recent fighting games with quite satisfactory PC ports and stable connections, with none of the so-called "problems" people claim FH has -- still goes through the same thing: more than half player base lost in the initial month.

Connection-related problems are the bane of FH's existence and there's no excuse for this mistake. While for me, v1.03 was a successful patch and I have honestly zero problems since then, but some people claim to still have connection problems, and honestly just making it a server-based game for 4v4, and using P2P mode in only in 1v1 / 2v2 would have saved them a lot of the hassle. I'd dare say FH would have maybe at most three times more players then we currently have... which would be maybe a steady 5k~6k players at peak.

That means around 40k initial player base left for a variety of other reasons... and truthfully speaking, other than the connection problem as mentioned above, all the "other reasons" simply mean those 40k players were simply not cut out for games of this genre.

You think people will return when they "fix balance"? You think any of these bunch of whining idiots will stop whining when the devs fix the game to pander to their every demands? If you think so, you really need to experience more what the psyche of the average gamer is like, especially when concerning a PvP-heavy game.

The "dedicated whiners" -- so to speak -- don't whine because they know anything about the game. Their incessant whines and complaints are a function of their ego -- not of any kind of critical or analytical thinking.

AzureSky.
07-03-2017, 02:34 AM
P2P is used in all the fighting games for a good reason. I dont want server ghosting in a game that you need to parry 400-500 ms moves.

The only problem is that it dont have any kind of Network quality check between the players. That breaks the games with the dcs.

AzureSky.
07-03-2017, 02:42 AM
P2P is used in all the fighting games for a good reason. I dont want server ghosting in a game that you need to parry 400-500 ms moves.

The only problem is that it dont have any kind of Network quality check between the players. That breaks the games with the dcs.

Mia.Nora
07-03-2017, 02:42 AM

League of Legends has server ghosting and works just fine. And before anyone claims it is not fast enough, if I can flash out of Sona's ult before it hits me; it is good enough for everything FH can throw at me. Moreover I get to see actual numbers about latency insteadof colored bars. LoL = steady 60ms latency. That is perfect, if anyone thinks 60ms is too slow they are out of their minds.

Linnix1
07-03-2017, 02:45 AM
Most recent fighting games with quite satisfactory PC ports and stable connections, with none of the so-called "problems" people claim FH has -- still goes through the same thing: more than half player base lost in the initial month.

Connection-related problems are the bane of FH's existence and there's no excuse for this mistake. While for me, v1.03 was a successful patch and I have honestly zero problems since then, but some people claim to still have connection problems, and honestly just making it a server-based game for 4v4, and using P2P mode in only in 1v1 / 2v2 would have saved them a lot of the hassle. I'd dare say FH would have maybe at most three times more players then we currently have... which would be maybe a steady 5k~6k players at peak.

That means around 40k initial player base left for a variety of other reasons... and truthfully speaking, other than the connection problem as mentioned above, all the "other reasons" simply mean those 40k players were simply not cut out for games of this genre.

You think people will return when they "fix balance"? You think any of these bunch of whining idiots will stop whining when the devs fix the game to pander to their every demands? If you think so, you really need to experience more what the psyche of the average gamer is like, especially when concerning a PvP-heavy game.

The "dedicated whiners" -- so to speak -- don't whine because they know anything about the game. Their incessant whines and complaints are a function of their ego -- not of any kind of critical or analytical thinking.

v1.03 was the patch right before season 2 dropped right? Cause if so I completely agree. And yes that's the crutch of fighting games they are hard to learn that's why people drop it after a few weeks they have a desire to play other games and don't want to sink 60 hours into a game to be good at it. But that's not why people drop for honor people drop it cause if insane balance chanfes, nerfs to the only mechanic that can stop a combo and proceed to let a new released character run rampent without any adjustments for..... How long has it been since season 2 started? People drop it cause of the horrid connection. There's a reason people were mad at Tekken 7 when it dropped. But guess what that Dev team immediately worked out a connectivity patch that smoothed over online in less of a week with a few hickups but it's fine while it took Ubi months to roll out there's and there's still problems. And don't even get me started on the dev team. About the 3rd worst ones I've seen. The development team of a fighting game should be close to the playerbase look at the creator of Tekken when 7 dropped he threw hands with some of the better players and did fine. These guys just say it's fine while work it out on when we get more data. Most fighting games have a small playerbase because it's almost like a brotherhood of people that want to go against each other in a fun game. For Honor has a small playerbase not because it's a fighting game but because it's a bad game.

AzureSky.
07-03-2017, 03:21 AM
League of Legends has server ghosting and works just fine. And before anyone claims it is not fast enough, if I can flash out of Sona's ult before it hits me; it is good enough for everything FH can throw at me. Moreover I get to see actual numbers about latency insteadof colored bars. LoL = steady 60ms latency. That is perfect, if anyone thinks 60ms is too slow they are out of their minds.

Latency is host based, and no LOL is actually the double of the actual ms that it shows you, and you need a lot less reactions than this.

Living near a server gives you a unfair advantage since the people with 0-20 ms teleport to the people of 40-80ms

the same with the guys with 80-300 ms and in a skill based game thats unnaceptable.

ALL the fighting games uses P2P, the difference its that their netcode its better and just host 1vs1 battles (the intended use of P2P) and this game was advertised and hyped as a 3D fighting game, not a moba (i will say this a million times, dominion was created to actracct moba players, if you are one of them they played with you)

4vs4 with P2P dont work, simple as that, i dont think they are going to do any server atm, and if they did one it should be ONLY for 4vs4 modes, since in modes with less players P2P is a must, since its superior with low players.

Mia.Nora
07-03-2017, 06:38 AM
Latency is host based, and no LOL is actually the double of the actual ms that it shows you, and you need a lot less reactions than this.

Living near a server gives you a unfair advantage since the people with 0-20 ms teleport to the people of 40-80ms

the same with the guys with 80-300 ms and in a skill based game thats unnaceptable.

ALL the fighting games uses P2P, the difference its that their netcode its better and just host 1vs1 battles (the intended use of P2P) and this game was advertised and hyped as a 3D fighting game, not a moba (i will say this a million times, dominion was created to actracct moba players, if you are one of them they played with you)

4vs4 with P2P dont work, simple as that, i dont think they are going to do any server atm, and if they did one it should be ONLY for 4vs4 modes, since in modes with less players P2P is a must, since its superior with low players.

This is wrong information. Your latency to the server is 60ms meaning your ping reaches server in 30ms, and another 30ms for the server to tell you that it received it. LoL has lockstep so no action can happen before it is acknowledged by server regardless of its original execution time. So with 2 players Player A with 60ms latency and Player B with 70ms latency what happens is that; A does something and it is received by the server 30ms later. And server tells the action to both players and A sees his action another 30ms later, while B sees is 35ms later. This is top notch connectivity and responsiveness. Even for blocking PK lights you dont need anything more than that.

By the way in terms of Dominion vs 1v1. Dominion is always and always more popular and higher activity even when its activity requires 4 times more players. Never seen duels more active then medium at best while Dominion is always Very high or High. So at that point flagship of FH is Dominion, Duel is just a footnote in its current state.

Bob__Gnarly
07-03-2017, 07:37 AM

Haha still defending the game in the face of all it's lingering problems, that's commitment.

The reason For Honor lost over 90% of it's player base on PC is yes mainly the horrid connection issues which still persist to this day, but it also had and still has so many more problems on top of that. Problems that were brought to the devs attention as far back as the beta and even the alpha. Ubisoft was just too slow to address them. It's almost surprising that many of the same issues are still around today, plus a few more I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing personally (hello centurion). The last disaster I remember losing players this quick was not another fighting game, but another over-hyped Ubi game called The Division.

When it comes down to it, you can't blame the players, it's all on Ubi. Great ideas, but pushed out the door before they're ready. They'll never learn.

ViciousOphidian
07-03-2017, 11:24 AM
This is wrong information. Your latency to the server is 60ms meaning your ping reaches server in 30ms, and another 30ms for the server to tell you that it received it. LoL has lockstep so no action can happen before it is acknowledged by server regardless of its original execution time. So with 2 players Player A with 60ms latency and Player B with 70ms latency what happens is that; A does something and it is received by the server 30ms later. And server tells the action to both players and A sees his action another 30ms later, while B sees is 35ms later. This is top notch connectivity and responsiveness. Even for blocking PK lights you dont need anything more than that.

By the way in terms of Dominion vs 1v1. Dominion is always and always more popular and higher activity even when its activity requires 4 times more players. Never seen duels more active then medium at best while Dominion is always Very high or High. So at that point flagship of FH is Dominion, Duel is just a footnote in its current state.

So much this. I don't know what makes people believe that " p2p is better" nonsence and when you give them an example with another game they say "Nah that game doesn't need such quick reaction times, so that's why it works so well on DS". HAVE YOU PLAYED THESE GAMES ? I haven't played League in 2 years but i can tell you 100% that it requires much quicker reaction times than For Honor EVER will.

Draghmar
07-03-2017, 12:05 PM
you clearly don't understand how thigns like that work. It doesn't matter if it's pure P2P, Hybrid P2P or server based game still needs to compensate for latency between players. Latency that changes during match. The difference between P2P and server is that in case of P2P there have to be dedicated player-host that do the math and with the second the server is responsible for all the calculations. Server have another few advantages regarding other aspects of gameplay. That's why they introduced router for tournaments.

I would argue if their netcode is better because for 1v1 where you don't need so sophisticated netcode. And also those game does have simpler rules like for example being basically 2D not 3D.

FH was advertised with Dominion. So you're wrong here. I really don't understand why people like you try so desperately to make reality different then it is. Even tech demos showed group, objective gameplay. Even this demo that was shown in stream, one with stick figures, had already group aspects. And like many people said - group modes are much more popular then 1v1. So do the math.

So much this. I don't know what makes people believe that " p2p is better nonsence" and when you give them an example with another game they say "Nah that game doesn't need such quick reaction times, so that's why it works so well on DS". HAVE YOU PLAYED THESE GAMES ? I haven't played League in 2 years but i can tell you 100% that it requires much quicker reaction times than For Honor EVER will.
Because so called 'elites' think they know everything just because they play niche games. Sorry but I see it that way.

Vakris_One
07-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Can you post some factual statistics please to back up that claim?

For Honor lost over 80% of its playerbase because of numerous issues around 2 months into its life. That's counting players on consoles as well as PC and it us a bad sign for any genre of game. Also For Honor is actually more playable on the PC because of the higher FPS. On consoles it is practically impossible to parry light attacks and many of the heroes actually need console specific nerfs/buffs because of that.

JibletHunter
07-04-2017, 12:29 AM

The fact that you point to EGO after a post like this is hilariously ironic. Let me boil down your viewpoint: "If everyone was in the top .1%, the game would be fine! All of you filthy casuals are ruining the game I want to see! If you don't enjoy an aspect of the game you just need to GET GUD."

You and Antonio are 2 of the most elitist, ego-centric toxic players on here . . . even among the posters who TRY to troll.

EDG_Avocado
07-04-2017, 02:30 AM
We don't need servers anymore.
We need a coffin for the game to rest in.

Mia.Nora
07-04-2017, 02:49 AM
We don't need servers anymore.
We need a coffin for the game to rest in.

I dont understand why you want the game to crash and burn. It has the potential to be amazing but the developers has to pull their heads out of <insert body part> and start doing things that are actually needed.

EDG_Avocado
07-04-2017, 02:52 AM
well honestly it already crashed and burned. Do you really think the developers are working to save this game? They are most likely working to the end of season pass and that is all.