PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft. please add dismemberment to combat

rengokum
07-01-2017, 03:54 PM
one of the things that made the witcher 3 combat so cool was the dismemberment of other humans and monsters. its a feature i've been wanting to see in your games for years now. you dabbled with it in unity (with the beheading executions) but i think its time you considered adding a new form of gore to your combat.

another game that does this incredibly well was a game called (NIOH) after killing a enemy the player can chop the limbs off the enemy in gory fashion. it was fun fluid and added realism to the combat. i

ve always been a fan of the executions in these games but i have to be honest. they leave alot to be desired. especially when my blade slices through a dudes neck and his head remains intact. its always annoyed me.

Megas_Doux
07-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Nah.

SixKeys
07-01-2017, 04:36 PM
No, please don't.

danijel.1983
07-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Yeah, please don't.
And why does every single topic about Origins have someone be like "oh please make this like the witcher 3", "I hope the missions are like the witcher 3", "make combat like the witcher 3", "I hope they make 'whatever' exactly like the witcher 3". It's kinda annoying. Go play the witcher 3 for Christ sake.

Slimgrin
07-02-2017, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see it. Not that it's a priority though.

Black_Widow9
07-02-2017, 08:53 PM
We appreciate your feedback, rego! Thank you :)

Yeah, please don't.
And why does every single topic about Origins have someone be like "oh please make this like the witcher 3", "I hope the missions are like the witcher 3", "make combat like the witcher 3", "I hope they make 'whatever' exactly like the witcher 3". It's kinda annoying. Go play the witcher 3 for Christ sake.
Not to say I disagree but it happens. Every shooter is compared to CoD or GTA too.... ;)

rob1990312
07-02-2017, 09:02 PM
To be fair there really is a lot of similarities to the witcher 3 from what I've seen of origins so far not to bring it up or make comparisons

Slimgrin
07-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Are you a dev? If so, just wanna say I LOVE the new changes to combat and can't wait to try it out! Too many negative voices on the combat out there.

Edit - I tried to respond directly to Black_Widow9 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/995066-Black_Widow9) and did something wrong. My bad.

LoyalACFan
07-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Swords aren't lightsabers; humans can't just hack through skin and bone with one swipe like Mortal Kombat. It doesn't bother me in The Witcher, because Geralt is supposed to have superhuman abilities and stuff, but I'd like to keep a modicum of realism in AC.

Fatal-Feit
07-03-2017, 02:53 AM
I think Nioh's method of dismemberment is a bit too fantasy-like for AC, even though the combat is beginning to share some similarities in terms of visual design. Something they could do that I'd totally be down for is FH's method where dismemberment comes from an execution. In Origins, the stylish execution animation only appears on the last enemy you kill, so I could see our Assassin taking some seconds to give us a more gruesome finisher. I wouldn't mind if they borrowed some animations either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7EKPd570Q

Megas_Doux
07-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Yeah, please don't.

While I do understand your point in regards of the OP and the overall "Witcher 3" praise as a whole of Origins having to be MIMIC that game in EVERY aspect.. The thing is that The Witcher 3 is one of the best games not only in its genre in this generation but as whole in the history of gaming.

It excels in almost every of its gameplay and story premises while keeping relatively friendly user business practices that put CD Projekt Red and a place of its own in an industry of an ever growing greed that borderlines fraud in the likes of releasing plain broken games, blatantly cut content that becomes a DLC, microtransactions, etc, etc, etc....

On the other hand Blood and wine cost $20 at release and has more and way better content than a lot of full $60 products of its genre........It's understandable that many want AC and Ubi to emule it..

pirate1802
07-03-2017, 05:54 AM
Yeah, please don't.

Yeah I wonder where this stupid expectation came from. Surely it couldn't come from the devs themselves because they clearly never stated that they're going for a more "Witcherlike feel". Must come from somewhere else...

Swords aren't lightsabers; humans can't just hack through skin and bone with one swipe like Mortal Kombat. It doesn't bother me in The Witcher, because Geralt is supposed to have superhuman abilities and stuff, but I'd like to keep a modicum of realism in AC.

Other characters too hacked off body parts in The Witcher :P Not just Geralt. It's not unrealistic to include dismemberment. The Mortal Kombat type? Sure, that's a little unrealistic but a hacked off arm or head? Swords generally tend to do that.

Sushiglutton
07-03-2017, 10:56 AM
I don't know, could go either way on this one. Could be cool. I think it def adds something to the combat in TW3 which can be a bit stale vs humans otherwise. But splash goes the head and that's always pretty fun lol. At the same time it could be a bit too much also and distasteful. AC seem to have some kind of animation issue, because weapons do not hit where they should. You can see this very clearly in the Origin vids, but also in previous games. Perhaps this should be solved first.

strigoi1958
07-03-2017, 11:47 AM
It would bring nothing to the game for me personally but I have no objection to anything that is extra and might bring a little more fun to others. It wouldn't bother me if it was on or off but if it ever happens, I hope it would be optional in the settings.

AnimusLover
07-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Yeah, please don't.

Ugh! I hate it when people say this. Because the game is legit trying to be the Witcher 3!!! It's not unreasonable to ask that a game that is emulating another to at least try to be half as good.

Xstantin
07-03-2017, 05:57 PM
The Witcher 3 is amazing and all that, but combat was garbage imo

joelsantos24
07-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Combat dismemberment? No, thank you.

notfunnybro
07-03-2017, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't mind at all as long as it's realistic and optional.

AnimusLover
07-03-2017, 07:15 PM
The Witcher 3 is amazing and all that, but combat was garbage imo

Same here. For one, the boxing competitions had HORRIBLE camera work. Your opponent was knocking you out off camera.
In terms of weapon combat, Geralt couldn't jump or climb and would take an automatic slow stalking stance when near his target which was annoying for enemies that required speed to defeat them i.e. running up to them and slashing them to pieces.

Helforsite
07-03-2017, 07:44 PM
I think Nioh's method of dismemberment is a bit too fantasy-like for AC, even though the combat is beginning to share some similarities in terms of visual design. Something they could do that I'd totally be down for is FH's method where dismemberment comes from an execution. In Origins, the stylish execution animation only appears on the last enemy you kill, so I could see our Assassin taking some seconds to give us a more gruesome finisher. I wouldn't mind if they borrowed some animations either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7EKPd570Q

Oh god, you cant even escape those filthy Centurions here...

In my opinion dismemberment is unnecessarily gruel, which I don't think really fits with the Assassin's believes.

Slimgrin
07-04-2017, 12:26 AM
I enjoyed the hell out of Witcher 3 combat. It became a dance with a mix of sword, dodges, magic attacks and bombs. Maybe not the best system out there but when I hit the expansion with a high level character it was both challenging and fun.

Lonnie_Jackson
07-04-2017, 09:21 AM
I think if they do it in some animations and weapons where it's possible, it could please both sides. Not every weapon but on ones that would be made for hacking should be able too. Wether a brutal consistent hack or clean cut with a heavy. Dont the animations only kick in on last man in the fight now? If so, it wont be all the time anyway right?

IsAZebraACat
07-04-2017, 10:53 AM
I don't like it because I don't like gorey stuff, but I also think that it would require a lot of the games resources.

I would rather have those resources be used to make the game environment beautiful, which is the #1 reason I buy AC games.

Kiroku
07-04-2017, 11:51 AM
I think Origins doesnt need any dismemberment. Since you compared it with Witcher 3 the thing is Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher with supernatural strength which means it makes sense if you can slaughter enemies and also see a head or legs flying over the screen.

For Origins its just actually not necessary. I would just say there should be more blood and maybe injuries or wounds you can see on the enemies you killed. For example you kill someone with a hidden blade into the neck we should be able to see some blood flowing out of it. I actually liked the kill animations of AC Brotherhood, Revelations and of course AC3 the most. They were awesome. Of course watching it was a bit like "damn killing those enemies is super easy" but on the other hand you just saw what an Assassin is capable of.

pacmanate
07-04-2017, 08:15 PM
I love Gorey stuff!

Just not in AC.

Lonnie_Jackson
07-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Whatever they research and use in-game is up to them. I could care less but I believe they have done enough research to do what is right.