PDA

View Full Version : Bf109E propeller control

XyZspineZyX
06-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi all,
when i fly a Bf109E (not sure about other variants) the propeller rpm exceed the limit (i suppose so, because the engine breaks) even in level flight, this does not occur with other planes.
1) Is this a bug or simulates the real thing (or i do something wrong)?
2) In the paper shipped with the game, is written that Bf109 had automated prop and supercharger controls: what does this mean, since i can manually lower rpm to avoid engine failure (btw, no lever moves when adjusting prop pitch)?
Thank you

XyZspineZyX
06-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi all,
when i fly a Bf109E (not sure about other variants) the propeller rpm exceed the limit (i suppose so, because the engine breaks) even in level flight, this does not occur with other planes.
1) Is this a bug or simulates the real thing (or i do something wrong)?
2) In the paper shipped with the game, is written that Bf109 had automated prop and supercharger controls: what does this mean, since i can manually lower rpm to avoid engine failure (btw, no lever moves when adjusting prop pitch)?
Thank you

XyZspineZyX
06-16-2003, 11:21 PM
You need to learn how to adjust the prop pitch. Use 50-60% on level flight.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>

http://www.huntress.com/images/MichaelHaberlin.jpg

Message Edited on 06/16/0304:47PM by BuzzU

XyZspineZyX
06-16-2003, 11:47 PM
S!
Yah just learn how to control it by listenin the engine sound and lookin thru the rpm counter =]

Luftwaffe Brasil
Força e Honra!

LBR=Hartmann in HL

XyZspineZyX
06-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Yeah... what all the others have stated above.

By the way, it does have an automated prop pitch but you have to turn that on.

<center>
http://users.urbi.com.br/leocosta/images/jbkfbsig00.jpg

-= A.K.A. ====> [b]Jambock__16 in HyperLobby =-
ICQ - UIN#13080406

Graphics and Design by: Resev
Personal Avatar by: Kyrodus (Jambock__56)
Senta á Pua!

1º GAvCaVi: http://www.gavca.com (1st Brazilian Virtual Fighter Sqdr "Senta Pºa!")</center>

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Thank you all!

Nero, do you mean the simplified engine control in the option menu or there is a specific command "into the cockpit" of 109?

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:11 AM
If CEM is enabled then the Emil is just a variable pitch prop .. no automatic pitch.

Emil pitch control is pretty straight forward .. just set the throttle setting you want (I use 85% for cruise and 110% for combat) and use the pitch lever to keep revs around 2200-2500 in combat and 1800-2200 in cruise mode.

The only exception is diving where you obviously need to reduce BOTH prop pitch and throttle. Otherwise set and forget throttle and vary pitch.

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 08:18 AM
The E models aren't equipped with automatic RPM adjustment devices. You have to switch blade angles manually in order to control the RPM.

As a typical rule, WW2 era planes have a absolute limit of about 3000rpm. Even at 3000, you can expect your engine to cook real hot. Anything over that, and you would expect damage.

So, try to keep between 2500~2800rpm during combat.

Or, as Buzz suggests, memorizing each pitch settings per situation can help, too.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!