PDA

View Full Version : So sharpen blade? no nerf to the strongest feat?

matt89connor
06-30-2017, 07:47 AM
answer......i don't pretend reduce the dmg, but reduce the duration at least

SoveriegnKing
06-30-2017, 08:56 AM
I think it needs a nerf in both damage and duration. Take it from a PK player, this feat is kind of insane. 3,4, or 5 lights land and (depending on your HP) you're dead, little overkill there. I don't want to turtle but you basically have to when someone uses this as it's light spam and die. I also have issue with Kensei's all unblockable feat, it last way to long for being able to spam unblockable attacks and it's parry or die. Even then if you parry your're just back up against attack spam.

Charmzzz
06-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Sharpen Blade is a temporary buff. You can roll away, then run until the buff runs out (lasts 30 seconds? 45?). And you can block / parry / dodge the "buff".
How often can you use Sharpen Blade in a Dominion / Elimination Match? 1-2 times.

Compare it to other level 3 feats like Warlord getting more max HP or Second Wind which gives back alot of Health and can be used many many times per Match...

Imo Sharpen Blade is fine, it is a short Damage Buff and can be countered by alot of other feats + running away from it. Passive feats though let the Warlord become a DPS Monster Tank:
1. more damage
2. more defense
3. +35 (?) max HP
4. Auto-Revive

Letting the passives only trigger every 3 seconds is a fine tuned nerf imo.

DrExtrem
06-30-2017, 09:18 AM
stabing with this feat is insane as well.

Its stronger on consoles, because turtling is less of an issue. Its still a problem but not as big, as it is on PC.

Fast heroes take the biggest profit out of this feat and surprise, surprise - only fast heroes have it.

Charmzzz
06-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Fast heroes take the biggest profit out of this feat and surprise, surprise - only fast heroes have it.

Suprise surprise: Nobushi says "No". http://forhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Nobushi

And why do you even complain on "Stab" DrExtrem? You can just take Thick Blood on your Warden (as it seems you main him concerning FHTracker) and get completely immune to Bleed which is one of the strongest passives in the game (together with all Warlord passives). You take a level 2 feat and completely negate PK GB and half of Nobushi Attacks!

Gray360UK
06-30-2017, 09:32 AM
A PK gets to use Sharpen Blade once in an entire match, if that (plenty of Dominion games end before I get to use it). It's hardly a game changer. If you could run around with it all game fine, but the % chance that the PK you are fighting is going to have Sharpen Blade up when you fight them is tiny.

Charmzzz
06-30-2017, 09:37 AM
A PK gets to use Sharpen Blade once in an entire match, if that (plenty of Dominion games end before I get to use it). It's hardly a game changer. If you could run around with it all game fine, but the % chance that the PK you are fighting is going to have Sharpen Blade up when you fight them is tiny.

This. I mostly keep it until the end of the Match to finish or try a turnaround in an outnumbered situation. 1v4 with Sharpen Blade and Fear itself is scary af, but then I did not use any of those feats the entire Match...

If you see any Hero with shiny purple blades and you are not confident enough that you can block / parry / dodge -> just run away. Problem solved.

Passives feats though... You have to face them in the Match and cannot wait for them to run out...

DrExtrem
06-30-2017, 11:41 AM
Suprise surprise: Nobushi says "No". http://forhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Nobushi

And why do you even complain on "Stab" DrExtrem? You can just take Thick Blood on your Warden (as it seems you main him concerning FHTracker) and get completely immune to Bleed which is one of the strongest passives in the game (together with all Warlord passives). You take a level 2 feat and completely negate PK GB and half of Nobushi Attacks!

Oh a cyber stalker. How cute.

Surprise - I do play other heroes as well. Among them is the pk. The feat is strong and thick blood does not negate the effect of sharpened blade.

Sure. The warden has a strong counter to bleedings but its the only hero, who has it. Additionally, all effected heroes can use other attacks. If the enemy team does not gave a hero with bleeding effects, the feat is even wasted.

I do t know why you are aggressive like that and even bother to check my stats but it was unnecessary and a bit embarrassing.

I only wanted to point out, that a pk with sharpen blade can nearly one shot kill after only one successful guard break.

Btw. "Only fast heroes" does not equate "all fast heroes".

Charmzzz
06-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Oh a cyber stalker. How cute.

Surprise - I do play other heroes as well. Among them is the pk. The feat is strong and thick blood does not negate the effect of sharpened blade.

Sure. The warden has a strong counter to bleedings but its the only hero, who has it. Additionally, all effected heroes can use other attacks. If the enemy team does not gave a hero with bleeding effects, the feat is even wasted.

I do t know why you are aggressive like that and even bother to check my stats but it was unnecessary and a bit embarrassing.

I only wanted to point out, that a pk with sharpen blade can nearly one shot kill after only one successful guard break.

Btw. "Only fast heroes" does not equate "all fast heroes".

1. I just wanted to check which heroes you play. This mostly is a direct reference to the arguments people use in this forum, but you playing alot of Warden is a "Why he still cares and flames "fast" heroes?". Because I know your Posts about PK some time ago very well. I did not even "check your stats", only your most played heroes.

2. Your argument was "Stabing with this feat is insane as well": you took one specific Move (from the PK of course) to show how OP Sharpened Blade on PK is. Didn't you? You even confirmed my suggestion with your surprise surprise BS which is not correct.

3. You did not even answer to ONE of my arguments like "you can use Sharpened Blade once, maybe (really maybe) twice a Match" or "passive feats are stronger and had to be nerfed cause they are "on" all the time combined with pretty strong enhancements". Nope. You just kept complaining about PK with Sharpened Blade. Oh and only fast Characters have it -> false because Nobu.

4. Btw. "Only fast heroes" equates to "No slow heroes" -> Nobu is fast now?

5. Compare the tier 3 Heal-Feat with Sharpen Blade -> how often you can use them? How much impact do they have on the entire Match? Imo Sharpen Blade is a good finisher. It is not even strong enough to turn a lost Match around in most cases (only when both teams are breaking and you can pull off a 1vX). The Heal on the other hand gives you alot more freedom, your enemy cannot "run away from it" and it has alot of impact. It even gets 2 charges over time so you can use it to heal up between fights without the need of a free control point.

6. Ok, you wanted to point out that a PK with Sharpen Blade can nearly one shot kill somebody. Do you think that environmentals are Ok then? Because every hero (especially WL) can REALLY one-shot kill ALL the time with ONE GB. HOW OP IS THAT? *sarcasm off*
What about Catapult? It is an AOE, sometimes one-shot kill feat. Even more OP because you cannot defend against it except rolling out!

Sorry to sound so offensive, but you just seem to be stuck in PK-flaming. Your arguments are biased and mostly invalid.

DrExtrem
06-30-2017, 02:49 PM
I guess you are mixing me up with somebody else.

PK is strong but its strength never was bleeding or sharpen blade with bleeding. I was and still am critic of her fast attack speed on console. That's a console specific problem and by far not exclusive to the pk. The valk is strong because it this console specific problem as well - just as any other hero with 15 frame-attacks is on console.

I did not answer your arguments, because you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

You even did not read or understand my "fast hero" statement. At least I have to assume it, because you misquoted it.

"Once per match" is not even an argument, because the player on the receiving end in a 4vs4 situation who gets obliterated by this talent does not care. In elimination, you can use it more often - with enough renown off course.

Heal might be strong but if I use heal, I can not defend while using it. Btw. I think that heal is very strong as well.

Btw. your toxic and angry attitude makes a discussion with you pointless. Cool down.

kweassa1
06-30-2017, 03:16 PM
So kill the person using sharpen blade. Feat wasted. Problem solved. It's 4v4, not 1v1.
You don't have to get to the person activating the feat one-by-one. Gang up and get rid of.

Or, like someone said, avoid the fight for a short time. Feat wasted.

Or, fight for the time being, maybe you lose... and that's that.

It's definitely on the strong side as a feat, but it's a tier3 feat that lasts long enough for around one 1v1's length. If that one defeat by someone using this feat is so pivotal to the match then your team's got problems. I'd complain about this feat if it was like tier1 or tier2. But for a t3 temp damage up feat its completely understandable.