PDA

View Full Version : Pilotkill

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 04:55 PM
S!
Was flying a quickmission a few days ago.Watching the replay i saw that the AI-pilot was hit several times without dying...Tough Russians..He bailed out in the end.Walking away with a hole in hes head and 4 in hes chest..Anyone else seen this?? pilots imune to bullets...

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 04:55 PM
S!
Was flying a quickmission a few days ago.Watching the replay i saw that the AI-pilot was hit several times without dying...Tough Russians..He bailed out in the end.Walking away with a hole in hes head and 4 in hes chest..Anyone else seen this?? pilots imune to bullets...

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 07:04 PM
S!

If you were using arcade mode to show your hits, and the pilot was full of arrows, this does not mean he was full of bullets. The arrows only show direction of penetration, not distance (thats why they're all the same length). It is quite possible that all five of those rounds hit windscreen/fuselage/bulkhead or whatever and didnt even scratch the pilot.

<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/Endodontics/sigs/VirtualWhirlwind.jpg?0.462078665432008762 </center>
Whirlwind Whiner - "New To The Few!"

"So save your prayers for when we're really gonna need 'em.
Throw out your cares and fly...
Wanna go for a ride?

-Billy Corgan

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 11:06 PM
I know it's souns really dumb, but waht is arcade mode, and how you use it??
Anticipated thanks/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:10 AM
Download il-2 manager 3.0,there's an option "display bullet hitts" Shows all hitts on the planes,indicated by an arrow.

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:18 AM
Hint: I'm an TOTAL IDIOT. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Thanks for the advice, but from where could I download Il2 Manger?
Thnx por the help. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:23 AM
I play offline a lot

I do not recall ever killing a pilot or gunner

In some cases i have taken the elevators, rudder and a good part of the tail fin completely off a Pe8 and the tail gunner is still happily firing away http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 12:42 AM
You've undoubtedly killed many, but only a small fraction of the aircraft have a slumped pilot/gunner graphic or other clear visual indication of a kill. Many aircraft that do a slow bank or glide into the dirt have dead pilots. If you turn arcade mode on you will learn a lot about what is happening. It is an excellent training aid.

Note that many light machine guns don't seem to score any hits, and a few aircraft have cockpit portions that are highly resistant to 0.5 caliber as well (particularly on the side?) 0.303/7.62 should not penetrate cockpit armour or armoured glass. On the other hand, 0.5 caliber from direct 6 will often penetrate the head/backrest area. I suspect their will be considerable clean up of the damage models with the patch.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:48 AM
- I know it's souns really dumb, but waht is arcade
- mode, and how you use it??

The easiest way is to edit the config-file and put arcade mode to 1. Default is zero. Use Notepad and search for arcade.

Very good learning device. Takes some fps but shows exactly where your bullets hit. Amazingly few makes it to the target....

The speech bubbles are a little bit anoying but gives you some additional hints such as pilot kills and when the AI heads for home due to injuries.

Good luck
Petter

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Great, thank's alot for help.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:16 AM
They need to rework the black pk screen, it may be realistic but as soon as a pilots pked the hit esc and refly and disapear, they need to make it switch to flyby view in externals when pked and you cant refly untill the planes crashed into the ground.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter