PDA

View Full Version : Some Additional Features. PLEASE!

Smartguy2132
06-30-2017, 02:43 AM
Okay… I do not normally get on a forum and do this sort of thing. But, I love this game and I want more. I want so much more. I hope some Dev looks at my suggestions and all the players can get additional content. I’m going to start from the beginning and work my way through the game.

Character Creation:

1. Give me more facial features customization.
I pretty much only see the same 4 characters with different hair colors no matter what and it is breaking the immersion for me. How can I always treat my bridge crew as unique individuals when they always look alike.

2. Give me more playable races. There are just so many to choose from.

a. Andorians
b. Caitians
c. Deltans
d. Benzites

3. Give me additional items like: visors, tattoos, scars, ect.

Ranking System:

1. The ranking system has been a big letdown. I hit max rank in a single weekend. It should take me at least a few weeks to a month to hit Captain. I feel that each rank should be twice as hard to hit as the previous rank.

Ensign, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Lieutenant Senior Grade, Lieutenant Commander, Commander, Captain, Commodore, Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Admiral, Fleet Admiral

2. I want accommodations that show up as awards on my player profile and or uniform.

a. If I save 150 people on the kobayashi maru then I want a damn medal on my uniform.
b. If I kill 100 Klingon ships I want a medal.
c. If I go through every campaign mission and do it 100% correctly I want a medal, something like “Survivor of the Trench”.

3. I need a leaderboard with:

a. Ships killed, times died, and missions succeeded vs missions failed.

Friends:

I LOVE that I can play this with people on multiple platforms, but as a PS4 player….
1. Tell me how long they have been in a game. I don’t mind waiting for them if I see they are in a game for 18 minutes and I see they are about to finish. Maybe I am missing this but I can only ever see if a person is “online”.

Lobby:

Please, please, please let me touch the chess board and the communicators. Just let me pick them up and throw them. Please, Please, Please.

Missions:

I am not going to go in great detail here because I see a lot of posts already addressing the crippling need for additional content.

1. VS mode where 2 crews can fight each other.

2. Transport the diplomat missions where we have to transport a VIP through warp to various systems and transport them to planets. Klingons can attack and try to transport them off the ship and we can have to track them down and transport them back.

3. Custom communication selections for certain NPC’s to get them to give us more information.

a. A B C D options that the captain picks when answering a hail. Bonus points if there is special dialogue if you as a captain are the same species as the other ship during hails.

4. Track and destroy missions where tactical has to scan for an impulse trail and we track the vessel through multiple systems.

5. I want more ships – I can only kill so many Klingons and pirates before I tire of the color of their blood. Give me some Vulcan science vessels or some trader convoys or even some of the races that I listed in the character customization.

6. I want ships NPC’s to system intrusion my ship and I want them to beam people on my ship that I have to assign security to deal with invaders. (See Captain roll for additional intrusion alert comments)

7. Get me some familiar faces. I want to see George Takei and LeVar Burton and others do voice acting work in the game as maybe just random ship captains asking for help or admirals demanding an impossible task. Would seriously have a geekgasm if this happened.

Ships:

Also not going to touch much on this because it has been beaten to death already but….
The first new ship needs to be a weak *** captured bird of prey that can cloak and all the controls need to be in Klingon. No sissy translated consoles… there is a help overlay button for newbies.

Bridge Crew Roles:

Captain:

I want more to do, especially now that everyone is ranked captain I get bored sitting in the big chair.

1. I want to be able to blow the ship up. HEAR ME OUT……
I want to start the self-destruct and 2 crew members have to verbally agree. No real reason…. I have just always wanted to say “Computer, engage self-destruct authorization <Insert Name>, Clearance level 4 Omega-Omega-Alpha-One” and then someone else give their code and the ship explode.

2. I want to be able to handle invaders and assign security personnel to parts of the ship to fight invaders. Just copy the engineer repair console, rename it, and let the captain play with it. So if another ship transports men onto my ship I can keep them from attacking my subsystems or kidnapping my people.

3. Move the damn red alert button, I’m tired of hitting it when I go to answer a hail from that useless Captain Stillwater. And I want the voice queue “Red Alert” to activate the alert and the voice queue “Stand Down Red Alert” to turn it off in multiplayer.

4. I want to be able to see special “captain only” descriptions or messages involving cargo, passengers, or secret orders.

5. Give me the custom hail dialogue with the new missions.

Engineer:

1. The routing needs more love. I want to be able to have a more pronounced effect on subsystems when routing power. I also want **** to break when I overload it not just go on cool down. Make me work for it. I have 3 repair guys who just sit around and do nothing most of the game.

2. Please give me more shield control. I need to be able to divert power to the forward shields or aft shields. A shield overlay screen with power routing options would be beyond amazing.

a. I also want to be able to adjust our shield frequency with a slider. If the enemy starts bypassing our shields I want to change our shield frequency.

3. Give me tractor beams but make It require a **** ton of power that I have to route from other places and get creative with how I balance power with the rest of the ship.

4. On the holographic system display show white moving circles that are where my repair crews are. This would just be cool to watch them move throughout the ship.

5. If transporters take damage then I want to lose transporter pads that I get back when the subsystem is repaired.

6. I want to be able to jettison the warp core with a pull lever. It would also be a cool thing that if it takes too much damage we can jettison it before we have a warp core breach and the captain has to release the lockouts so that troll engineers don’t just jettison it at random.

Tactical:

1. I want right and left phaser banks with 2 different arks that the engineer has to repair if one goes down. The 1 button fire burst phasers is boring in long fights and having right and left arks would make us have to maneuver more. I see a little of this when phasers take damage and the firing ark is reduced but I want another fire button that I can hit.

2. I want to be able to adjust phaser frequency with a slider. Let me do a longer scan to get the enemies shield frequency that I can match my phasers to and damage them through their shields.

3. Change the naming convention. When I am getting a target called out to me as “Beta 1” but there is a warbird Beta 1 and a bird of prey Beta 1 it is confusing. If an enemy ship enters the system and there is already a Beta 1 of another ship class in the system then skip that number and call the new ship Beta 3.

4. Give me tractor beam control for pulling **** in and pushing **** away.

5. Have a NPC please call out if the targeted enemy ships shields are down or the beam attack in ineffective please.

Helm:

1. Please, for the love of the Klingon gods, grid out the warp chart. If I am dealing with a newbie helm I can just say warp to the “blanks system…. It is the planet in A4” The recent patch helped with this a lot by just putting the mission marker next to the next destination but this breaks immersion for me. Experienced pilots can just see where to go and they often jump the gun.

2. Let me move a slider to divert the power that engineering gives me from the impulse engines to a new Helm only system called "thrusters". More power to the thrusters would make me turn and pitch up and down faster and the impulse engines would let me go faster forward and backwards.

3. I want custom damage effects. If my right nacelle blows up then I want to drift more and more to the right the faster I go because the left nacelle is the only one left. If I take damage to engines I want it to show on the Helm overlay that maneuverability is limited depending on the damage.

4. I want a collision alert. If I am chasing an enemy ship and I forget to look up at the asteroids then I want an alert to pop up on my screen if I get within 5 KM of anything to give me a heads up before I hit it.

Nunchuks1701
06-30-2017, 11:41 AM
I want a collision alert. If I am chasing an enemy ship and I forget to look up at the asteroids then I want an alert to pop up on my screen if I get within 5 KM of anything to give me a heads up before I hit it.

This would be nice, especially when the Captain changes the viewscreen options. I've found at helm I jump to an outside view on these occasions but this ruins the immersion...maybe if they add all large objects to the helm monitor this would be less of an issue.

TheRealExadon
06-30-2017, 02:33 PM
This would be nice, especially when the Captain changes the viewscreen options. I've found at helm I jump to an outside view on these occasions but this ruins the immersion...maybe if they add all large objects to the helm monitor this would be less of an issue.
Believe it or not, both ships have a collision warning.

I believe the Aegis panel will have a red stroke around it and display text stating "collision warning"

The Enterprise has a red light that sits between helm and tactical. The problem with the Enterprise is that this collision light will stay solid red on a red alert rendering it useless during a red alert.

Nunchuks1701
06-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Believe it or not, both ships have a collision warning.

I believe the Aegis panel will have a red stroke around it and display text stating "collision warning"

The Enterprise has a red light that sits between helm and tactical. The problem with the Enterprise is that this collision light will stay solid red on a red alert rendering it useless during a red alert.

Oooh nice, I'll have to take another gander, thanks. Always learning.

Nunchuks1701
06-30-2017, 03:17 PM
Character Creation:

1. Give me more facial features customization.
I pretty much only see the same 4 characters with different hair colors no matter what and it is breaking the immersion for me. How can I always treat my bridge crew as unique individuals when they always look alike.

2. Give me more playable races. There are just so many to choose from.
a. Andorians
b. Caitians
c. Deltans
d. Benzites

3. Give me additional items like: visors, tattoos, scars, ect.

This is a 'would be nice' feature set, I keep meeting my Fu Manchu Vulcan brethren in the Aegis Conference Room....which is infuriating considering how long I have taken to cultivate such a smashing piece of facial hair.

LtCdr-Stewart
06-30-2017, 09:04 PM
Great Ideas but it would take a lot of time to put all of this in I don't think this game was even in development long enough to do most of the things they wanted to do. They just threw in the Original Enterprise at the last minute.

Actually you have different phaser arcs but they all use the same power you have Port, Forward, and Starboard. I am a dedicated Engineer and you will see the Port phasers go offline from damage . I suggested the different phaser arcs have different power so if you run out of power on the port phaser arc you turn the ship to face the enemy with the starboard, it is called sweeping through phaser arcs, but have them have less power per arc so it is still balanced, also have the port arc charge while you are using the starboard.

There are actually more than 4 faces if you use the age slider it changes them a lot I have made a lot of different looks I think most people just choose the default look. I actually had a person tell me last night he never knew you could change the appearance to look like mine.

daxas01
07-04-2017, 04:53 PM
OP, AWESOME List.

... and ZERO response from DEVs (clap clap clap)

RED STORM - the game loose player already bc you annonce NOTHING. Throw US some bones.

babibullet
08-19-2017, 07:26 PM
I would tickle a Borgs nuts to get some pvp action... having a one minute to lay the smack talk on another team playing as romulans or Klingons... before an epic 1 v 1 or 2 v 2, hell you could have 6 teams of 4 guys fighting it out 3 v 3. Or even some more guys to fight in mission generator, mix it up with some ferangi smugglers or a massive Borg cube..I like the idea of two ships facing off against a Borg cube having to hail each other to come up with game plans for taking out a big bad guy.. deco need some more variety in ship crew..I wanna c ferangi,Klingon and wouldn't it be awesome to have an android as a playable character..

Captain_Summers
08-19-2017, 09:27 PM
I would tickle a Borgs nuts to get some pvp action... having a one minute to lay the smack talk on another team playing as romulans or Klingons... before an epic 1 v 1 or 2 v 2, hell you could have 6 teams of 4 guys fighting it out 3 v 3. Or even some more guys to fight in mission generator, mix it up with some ferangi smugglers or a massive Borg cube..I like the idea of two ships facing off against a Borg cube having to hail each other to come up with game plans for taking out a big bad guy.. deco need some more variety in ship crew..I wanna c ferangi,Klingon and wouldn't it be awesome to have an android as a playable character..

Aside from the revolting and redundant imagery (they often remove the reproductive organs during assimilation), unless shield arcs and dorsal /ventral arcs are implemented as well as 3D manoeuvring then PVP is pointless, it’s simply whomever gets the first shot in will win.

I wish people would stop asking for the 9th item on the list when it’s pointless without them implementing the first 8

babibullet
08-19-2017, 09:44 PM
I don't know what all that technical jargon means from what I got it ment something like they need to fix certain things for it to work in pvp I don't care. How it works I just wanna c it happen. Being able to fight a human opponent is always better, trying to fight a ship that's trying to outrun you or repair itself is cool, never say never if they want to do something they will find away. I like the comment about the Borg btw

Hiyate20
08-23-2017, 07:12 AM
the fact that you don't know what captain summers just said frightens me knowing your a player here with what seams to be bare minimum knowledge (if any) of the star trek universe and story. your comment just makes it sound like you only want a shoot shoot bang bang game (please refer to CoD for that type of gameplay) and I honestly believe the majority of the playerbase would protest the game hardcore if they turned the game into a PvP fest. While yes, it would have its place in the game somewhere at some point, I'm getting really sick of people who just want the game to be about shooting things and only care about pvp.

I will attempt to explain what summers meant in a more simplistic way so you might understand the steps they would have to take (or at least some of them) in order for pvp to even be considered (among other features). A ship has more than 1 shield on it (in TNG at least, not sure about TOS) 6 on most every ship. to put them in simple terms, a front shield, a back shield, a left shield, a right shield, a bottom shield and a top shield. Each one has its own energy so if your left shield takes to many hits and drops to say 20% or gets taken out, you would then simply turn your ship so the shots would hit any other part of the ship instead of the left side and allow them time to recharge/repair. As it stands right now everything is on 1 shield so you have really no reason to turn your ship as long as you can hit your target.

Captain_Summers
08-23-2017, 02:02 PM
the fact that you don't know what captain summers just said frightens me knowing your a player here with what seams to be bare minimum knowledge (if any) of the star trek universe and story. your comment just makes it sound like you only want a shoot shoot bang bang game (please refer to CoD for that type of gameplay) and I honestly believe the majority of the playerbase would protest the game hardcore if they turned the game into a PvP fest. While yes, it would have its place in the game somewhere at some point, I'm getting really sick of people who just want the game to be about shooting things and only care about pvp.

I will attempt to explain what summers meant in a more simplistic way so you might understand the steps they would have to take (or at least some of them) in order for pvp to even be considered (among other features). A ship has more than 1 shield on it (in TNG at least, not sure about TOS) 6 on most every ship. to put them in simple terms, a front shield, a back shield, a left shield, a right shield, a bottom shield and a top shield. Each one has its own energy so if your left shield takes to many hits and drops to say 20% or gets taken out, you would then simply turn your ship so the shots would hit any other part of the ship instead of the left side and allow them time to recharge/repair. As it stands right now everything is on 1 shield so you have really no reason to turn your ship as long as you can hit your target.

The sad thing is the game is already a Gunfest.

filmgeek47
08-24-2017, 05:51 AM
Seriously. They need more research/diplomacy game mechanics for this to truly be a Star Trek game. One can dare to dream.

Whatever356
08-25-2017, 07:42 AM
This game feels like such a missed opportunity. At it's core it's a childhood dream come true - work on a Star Trek bridge.

But the game sadly lacks content. Just five scripted missions, and mostly fairly forgettable ones at that.

Here's my DLC wish-list for additional content:

1. More and deeper missions. And make them interesting. The campaign that comes with the game is actually pretty boring and has no sense of mystery.
2. Co-op missions with other crews. Join up with other player-manned ships to combat large groups of enemies or solve problems that can't be done with one ship alone. Let the captains talk to eachother.
3. More stuff to do on the ship. Let me play the chess game in the briefing room. Give me a reason to visit engineering or the transporter room.

The best would be if each DLC pack added a new story arc comprising several missions as well as some new functionality.

harbourshark1
05-25-2018, 12:49 AM
i will say i love the new dlc but can't we do a little expansion on the map ???

the trench is getting a little dry now i and i think most would agree that seeing vulcan andoria bajor cardassia romulus and remus and other planets from the star trek universe!

set the map up in grids click a grid and zoom in and out

and a spacedock with a meeting place to do something fun while waiting for your ship to be upgraded

a choice of weapons and in game credit so you can buy and upgrade existing and new weapons and cargo if needed in missions

harbourshark1
05-25-2018, 12:52 AM
and also picup that you can sell or adapt and use on your ship

Qavorq
09-10-2018, 02:28 PM
I think that what the developers have forgotten is that Star trek was meant to be about exploration - meeting new civilisations - giving aid - solving problems etc. And then of course a lot of hardcore gamers only want one thing out of a game - how many opponents can they kill.
What Id like to see is maybe the idea of an admiral mentioned elswehere on the forums but who's sole role is to create missions - but not actually be part of the game. IE an honory title given to any gamer who creates additional misions.
It would be good to have multiship scenarios but just how many people are playing the game at the moment? I only started playing recently and am already finding that the number of people who play regualry on the European servers is either dropping or very sporadic. Not sure what its like on other servres as I have yet to try them. Also progression to the rank of captain is rather rapid. Maybe when on board a multiplayer ship - each player "demoted" for the duration of the mission to make their ranks seem more correct for the position they are fulfilling.

Matthias_K.
09-16-2018, 07:00 PM
+Let the tactical officer target different parts of the enemy ship.
+Not audio only communication,,we have a viewscreen.
+Mission guests on the ship
+let enemys board the ship when it's nearly destroyed to make it more diverse
+more non violent missions(adjustable enemy slider)