PDA

View Full Version : Faction Representation

Ulrichvonbek111
06-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Well where do I start with this mere suggestion of making Faction War more representational..
Yes all factions use characters from opposing factions.
Whether this is for fun,,curiosity or just sheer lust of having unfair advantage in combat...yes there are characters that are OP from every faction.
I see many players from each faction pumping away with these characters even though they don't belong to their affiliate faction..
Why?
Is it having the enjoyment of spamming spamming and the undeserved easy victory,,feeding their ego?
Is it because they cannot utilise their own factions characters to gain victory or pleasure,,affecting their K/D ratio?

Now to the point of true factional representation and its rewards.
In the case of rewards after games yes all is good except for one thing that may concern many combatants...this being the number of assets awarded for misrepresentation.
Sure a combatant who uses warriors from their affiliated faction should receive assets to be used in their war effort as opposed to someone who uses a character from outwith their affiliation who should receive a fraction or none..
This comes down to true representation and not using OP mercenaries for gain.
In this War,assets should be awarded to representation shown.
It's like the other night and many other's when I'm faced with 3 Centurions and "whatever" in the opposing team,,the "whatever"actually representing their faction and the Centurions outwith their faction,,thus ending in a fest of spamming bashing stunning hit squads which surely only the foolish and victory ego boosters could derive any form of simpleton pleasure from.
Their tongues must be hanging out of the corner of their maws at their mastery of the gank squad repertoire,,patting themselves on the back giving self appraisals of grandeur,,how well they spammed and kicked to death their opposition..in a corner.
So surely assets should be given as a sign of acknowledgement of true representation to the faction instead of outside influences such as OP mercenaries. ..
Yes some may say it's only a game....what does it matter...
Well it matters as evidently so when we know many players (even admitted on Warriors Den) they used for example Peacekeeper as main when actually being a Viking affiliate,,
receiving the spoils of war with false representation...
Yet again why did they choose Peacekeeper,,was it because at the time she was OP?

Reward the loyal true warriors from each faction who fight for their warrior brothers,sisters,and land with assets and leave the pretenders with no contributions towards their war chest..

I can feel some toxicity on the way lol....

Folks it's only a suggestion but I feel a necessary one.

mrmistark
06-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Honestly when I first started playing I pickedknoghts because I thought you could only play with characters from your faction, and well, they look the best with their armor, so I can see where you are coming from. From a logic standpoint it doesn't make much sense a samurai fighting for a Viking faction or what ever you will.

The fact is though when this game was thought up there wasn't a whole lot of customization. It was much more simplistic, and all characters in each faction had a basic general fighting style, the only other difference was in weapon/ armor for speed, attack and defense. It really wasn't much more than that.

In conclusion, as the game become more intricate and the characters more developed, the characters all are so unique such that you HAD to let everyone play with every character. Instead of the initial concept and just 3 distinct style of movements and stabs/slashes/parries, you have a move set custom to each character. Holding the players from content they paid for and not allowing them to enjoy the option of exploring each of these styles/giving penalty of changing factions just to try out said different characters is obserd.

What I think might be a reasonable request since you feel this way is to ask for BONUS xp for using a hero in your faction, however I honestly think that this should not be implemented. I just started playing kensei, and discovered I love his game play. I'm a die hard knight guy, I support my faction and probably commit more to the game and deploying war assets than the majority of players. Why should I be penalized for wanting to try and hone my skills with a different character? Again, see where you are coming from, but the game has become more than just factions, it's about each character and it's custom play.

RatedChaotic
06-29-2017, 04:23 PM
I have been a knight since the beginning. My lowest knight is lvl 11(pk). I dont care much for the assassins guard mechanics. But been working getting all my knights to rep5 and then maybe I'll switch factions and work on the other factions. Its nice to see almost all of my knight heroes in rep lvls. One is golded out. Two more about there aswell. Sorry pk your going to be last one I lvl.

My emblem is the Knights faction emblem. I like to represent my faction.

Ulrichvonbek111
06-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Honestly when I first started playing I pickedknoghts because I thought you could only play with characters from your faction, and well, they look the best with their armor, so I can see where you are coming from. From a logic standpoint it doesn't make much sense a samurai fighting for a Viking faction or what ever you will.

The fact is though when this game was thought up there wasn't a whole lot of customization. It was much more simplistic, and all characters in each faction had a basic general fighting style, the only other difference was in weapon/ armor for speed, attack and defense. It really wasn't much more than that.

In conclusion, as the game become more intricate and the characters more developed, the characters all are so unique such that you HAD to let everyone play with every character. Instead of the initial concept and just 3 distinct style of movements and stabs/slashes/parries, you have a move set custom to each character. Holding the players from content they paid for and not allowing them to enjoy the option of exploring each of these styles/giving penalty of changing factions just to try out said different characters is obserd.

What I think might be a reasonable request since you feel this way is to ask for BONUS xp for using a hero in your faction, however I honestly think that this should not be implemented. I just started playing kensei, and discovered I love his game play. I'm a die hard knight guy, I support my faction and probably commit more to the game and deploying war assets than the majority of players. Why should I be penalized for wanting to try and hone my skills with a different character? Again, see where you are coming from, but the game has become more than just factions, it's about each character and it's custom play.

Thank you for your thoughts.

By all means everyone can play every character but WAR ASSETS only awarded to faction representatives,,but all the other rewards XP,, STEEL and EQUIPMENT available to all who play whatever character..This doesn't stop character build just their asset contribution to the war,,,they get everything else.

Dude_of_Valor
06-29-2017, 04:42 PM
Only thing I would add is a bonus to your war assets by playing as a class that represents your faction choice.

It could be based on territories owned. So if your faction has the most regions, then you get say an additional 50.

If you have the second highest owned you get 75. If you are sitting in third you get 100.

Of course this is just numbers plucked out of thin air, but it would give some benefit for playing as a class from your chosen faction.

Everything else remains the same, and if you play a different class to the faction you have chosen, then you are not loosing much (or anything if you do not care about the faction war).