PDA

View Full Version : The Trench is pretty big place. if it's just us seems like an awful waste of space:)

ashlec01
06-28-2017, 04:18 PM
This is just a feel good message for my fellow Trekkies and non-Trekkies who love this game. First off wanted to say that most people I have played with these last few weeks have been amazing people. Last night I was reading through the forums and this is the first game I have ever cared enough to pay attention to the future of its development. I came across several posts that obviously cry out for more content, missions, features. Now I have zero insider information but I did have a theory on how game is set up currently, using my logic of course. Spock would be proud, or would he?;) I played the entire weekend with a close friend and an amazing crew led by Cpt Summers. Big shout out to her. Cheers:) But I noticed after three days straight especially with ongoing missions you seem to warp to the same warp zones to solve sorta the same problems and there are all these other warp zones not being used. And that's when it hit me. I do believe we will get more missions becasue why would a DEV team, nice huh, learning the lingo:) take all that time to create all those warp zones that are not being used, with all those impulse destinations not being used, and inside those impulse zones take the time to create all these breath taking unique space scenes that we get to fly through without any intent to use them for future content. And then an old gem popped into my head from the movie Contact not a Trek movie but worth your time if you haven't scene it, and of course originally quoted from Carl Sagan. The Trench a.k.a. space, is a pretty big place. And if it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space:) I know pretty much a useless post but I figured a feel good post wouldn't hurt. Thanks again everybody, awesome experience.

filmgeek47
06-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Saw the quotation and couldn't resist commenting. It made me smile. No idea if you're right, but I hope you are :-)