PDA

View Full Version : My fear about ranked (The one no ones talking about)

lMoosel
06-27-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm excited for ranked mode/tourney mode, but I have a bad feeling
About one thing. The game has its problems but I've been here since beta days, I usually get in a few sets each night, sometimes take a few days off but I'm still pushing 11+ days played. I play about 95%+ just brawl and duel (I'm one of those sweats that parrys your lights consistently on console and hasn't really complained about any mechanics just figured the matchups out). I haven't enjoyed 4s so those problems aren't anything new to me. (Hero pick limit in ranked cough cough). But the concern I have is Connection, what I mean when I say connection is Ranked will be skill based MM I'm assuming, with the pop numbers being kinda low at times I could see some really laggy matches coming because there's going to be less players at the top. Nothing sucks more than playing against another good player and having it be laggy.

Community thoughts on the topic?

Eyaside
06-27-2017, 09:33 PM
Increased stability + less toxic player base = more saturated player base, better connected games

ViciousOphidian
06-27-2017, 10:47 PM
"The one no ones talking about" lol wat? People are talking about this everywhere. Maybe you missed it because of the ads for Skin Products.

UbiJurassic
06-28-2017, 12:58 AM
In our last Warrior's Den, we talked a bit about how we are incorporating routers during the tournament mode testing. We are actively looking to minimize connectivity problems as best as possible for the testing and will continue to do so as we get closer to the full release of our tournament mode.