PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions about quit penalty

ShonM93
06-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Why do I have to endure matches with lagg teleporting enemies/allies or games with synching every half a minute (or less)? Why is there a 10 minute ban, when 60% of the times i play matchmaking takes that long too? Why do i get booted in a game with ppl from the opposite side of the globe in peak time? There is a FPS kick in the game, why there is no Ping kick? (Don't say that in an everyone connected to everyone system you can't check the latency between the computers connected to you and vice versa.)

kweassa1
06-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Why do I have to endure matches with lagg teleporting enemies/allies or games with synching every half a minute (or less)? Why is there a 10 minute ban, when 60% of the times i play matchmaking takes that long too? Why do i get booted in a game with ppl from the opposite side of the globe in peak time? There is a FPS kick in the game, why there is no Ping kick? (Don't say that in an everyone connected to everyone system you can't check the latency between the computers connected to you and vice versa.)

Because none of that is of any excuse in dumping a game, and every game you've won so far was a result of the opponent players being decent and honorable people that could have made the same lame excuses you're giving here, and just pull their own cable or ragequit the game, causing a mass desync dump, and denying you any wins at all -- but they didn't.

They honored the terms of the game with at the very least the obligation of basic sportsmanship to commit to a game, play it out, and accept the results.

So you basically owe it to them. Everyone does.

guffffff
06-27-2017, 03:06 PM
It's not a Quit Penalty! It's a mechanism to curtail "Join Spam", i.e. players jumping in and out of games until they find their goldilocks game, whatever that may be, because it can be disruptive for the other players.

MadCYclops
06-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Don't let these guys lie to you the quit penalty exists for 1 reason, and 1 reason alone...the game can't handle ppl leaving matches... it crashes and ubisoft cannot fix it, so they think...this "already infected bandaid" will somehow heal the problem... I play warframe.. people there can leave or join matches anytime they want, pretty much... it doesn't disrupt anything or hinder the game in ANY way.....why is that? oh bc they coded thier **** right...thats why...

Explain to me how it's "fair" to blanket statement every person who plays for honor into "you're a rage quitter" if you leave a match... one of my friends got the penalty lastnight 2 times..1 time bc he went to piss and got sidetracked for 2 mins with his wife...and 1 time for the game glitching out on him. I haven't gotten the penalty yet, but when i do...ohhh you will see some rage...lol...Fat lumberjack piggies beware :P

ShonM93
06-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Because none of that is of any excuse in dumping a game, and every game you've won so far was a result of the opponent players being decent and honorable people that could have made the same lame excuses you're giving here, and just pull their own cable or ragequit the game, causing a mass desync dump, and denying you any wins at all -- but they didn't.

They honored the terms of the game with at the very least the obligation of basic sportsmanship to commit to a game, play it out, and accept the results.

So you basically owe it to them. Everyone does.
What you completly forget: IN A COMPETITIVE GAME, PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DUMP A GAME WITH A SIMPLE MOVE. That's what you first learn, if someone get's the ability to **** up everyone else fun, they will do it. So yeah, don't fixing crucial bugs and glitches like if someone leaves a match the complete sh*t crashes is uterly bs, and blaming the players for not doin' your damn job is beyond bs.

And to owe any of my wins to anyone? Even now, with the penalty in at least 40% of my games ends with at least one bot in it. So no i don't owe anyone ****. Ubisoft on the other hand owes us an explanation, why they can't fix the real problems (the god knows how many causes of DC-s and crashes) and why they blaming the players for not finishing a game they don't enjoy. I mean of course, in ranked play, yeah, put in RQ penalty, it can even be a 1 hr ban, i can see why RANKED needs that. But casual modes? Where you go to have fun? (Fun in this game?)

UbiJurassic
06-28-2017, 01:23 AM
The intention behind the quit penalty was to discourage players from abusing their ability to leave a match. This has been a frequent problem that players have brought up and that we looked to address with the penalty. We know the current iteration of the penalty isn't perfect, but we will be looking to make improvements and adjustments to it over time.

kweassa1
06-28-2017, 02:06 AM
What you completly forget: IN A COMPETITIVE GAME, PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DUMP A GAME WITH A SIMPLE MOVE. That's what you first learn, if someone get's the ability to **** up everyone else fun, they will do it. So yeah, don't fixing crucial bugs and glitches like if someone leaves a match the complete sh*t crashes is uterly bs, and blaming the players for not doin' your damn job is beyond bs.

The connection method they use may be fragile or sensitive, but it works fine without incident (at least since v1.03) until some idiot decides he only wants to play games he wins and ragequits -- and when at that point where players do things what they should NOT be doing in the first place BECAUSE ITS IMMORAL AND CHILDISH, the instability becomes a problem. Hence a penalty is warranted. It's frickin' warranted even if they had iron-solid connections that never dump.

Bugs and glitches?

P2P with session hosts essentially creates a mini-network with a certain player in the game taking on the designated server role by which other players sync along. When this player quits from the game, what happens is essentially the same thing as a MMO game server being turned off line. You think there's a "fix" for that?

Yes, I do think UbiMont made a mistake in taking the P2P route. But as it stands, as long as players keep a good code of sportsmanship there is no problem in the first place.

And to owe any of my wins to anyone? Even now, with the penalty in at least 40% of my games ends with at least one bot in it. So no i don't owe anyone ****. Ubisoft on the other hand owes us an explanation, why they can't fix the real problems (the god knows how many causes of DC-s and crashes) and why they blaming the players for not finishing a game they don't enjoy. I mean of course, in ranked play, yeah, put in RQ penalty, it can even be a 1 hr ban, i can see why RANKED needs that. But casual modes? Where you go to have fun? (Fun in this game?)

Every game you've played and finished through was made possible by other people not quitting on you, no matter what they think of you, or their current game.

This isn't even a online-gaming issue. It's a basic "human courtesy" issue.

It's like when children decide to gather around and play a game in the playground, and for everyone to enjoy that game they make commitments to each other that win or lose, they play it through. Even trivial, it is a social pact and social obligation -- one of the very first of which a child experiences as he/she grows up. Everyone that wants to play makes a promise, a pact to observe the rules of the game, be earnest in their efforts and to their team, and then accept the result of the game be it a win or loss.

Each and every player you've been with in the game that stuck with you even in terrible losses, kept to this obligation... as well as each and every opponent player you've defeated, no matter how humiliating or enraging their defeat was.

So yeah, you "owe" it to them. Someone else also "owes" you.

Titanodragon
06-28-2017, 03:32 AM
The connection method they use may be fragile or sensitive, but it works fine without incident (at least since v1.03) until some idiot decides he only wants to play games he wins and ragequits -- and when at that point where players do things what they should NOT be doing in the first place BECAUSE ITS IMMORAL AND CHILDISH, the instability becomes a problem. Hence a penalty is warranted. It's frickin' warranted even if they had iron-solid connections that never dump.

Bugs and glitches?

P2P with session hosts essentially creates a mini-network with a certain player in the game taking on the designated server role by which other players sync along. When this player quits from the game, what happens is essentially the same thing as a MMO game server being turned off line. You think there's a "fix" for that?

Yes, I do think UbiMont made a mistake in taking the P2P route. But as it stands, as long as players keep a good code of sportsmanship there is no problem in the first place.

Every game you've played and finished through was made possible by other people not quitting on you, no matter what they think of you, or their current game.

It's like when children decide to gather around and play a game in the playground, and for everyone to enjoy that game they make commitments to each other that win or lose, they play it through. Even trivial, it is a social pact and social obligation -- one of the very first of which a child experiences as he/she grows up. Everyone that wants to play makes a promise, a pact to observe the rules of the game, be earnest in their efforts and to their team, and then accept the result of the game be it a win or loss.

Each and every player you've been with in the game that stuck with you even in terrible losses, kept to this obligation... as well as each and every opponent player you've defeated, no matter how humiliating or enraging their defeat was.

Dude you take this game way to seriously. This game is not real life. There is a quit button for a reason and not everyone that quits a match is a rage quitting cry baby. And stop adding this code of conduct bs to the game.

Games are meant to be fun to play. For honor has a lot of problems that can easily turn a fun gaming session into hell. Like that warden glitch that you could 1 hit someone (it is now fixed). If people were abusing that glitch should I have to play with them? The answer is no.

So take your code of conduct somewhere else.

Genocide1056
06-28-2017, 05:38 AM
The quit penalty is great for the game. Should be longer.

ShonM93
06-28-2017, 10:13 AM

Bugs and glitches?

You know, i start to see what's up here. Let me explain a little: if you read the oppenong post i made, there is no mention about winning, or losing a game. There is only mention about unplayable and unenjoyable matches, when all the players in the game have connection issues because they're not on the same continet, or other reasons i have no patience to list. I never mentoined "losing game being unfun", no losing a game can be pretty fun. So no, the original post had nothing to do with winning and losing a match, it had questions about why a game with such big issues has this kind of "discouragementt". Which we got the answer for too. So, post accomplished i guess.