PDA

View Full Version : Why NOT all the gear??

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Sorry Bearcat, I couldn't resist /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

So why not buy every stinking fly-toy you can find? Are we not men? I mean, as men, don't we go overboard with all our hobbies? Is it not the nature of man to take something simple, and complicate the hell out of it? Motorize, electronicate, add winky-blinkers and call it "ours"!

When I think of all the past-times I've had over the years, the last thing I remember is the price of all the toys. It's always "Man, I sure had fun with all that stuff! Where did I put it?".

I don't know which excites me more: playing with the toys, or researching The Next Big Thing. With online stores, online catalogs, and USER REVIEWS every where, we're talking about MAN HEAVEN.

I can waste days looking at new gear while imagining the possibities! When I finally do make my purchse, oh boy am I pumped! Give me a nice thick manual and some fresh batteries... nothing makes me happier.

Just thinking about it makes me want to order a new motherboard right now: A GOOD one (but affordable, of course).

I've got a friend that dumps all his money into a beat up old hot-rod. Another has a boat that ALWAYS costs. Several friends are all-out geeks with 900 computers stuffed in thier closets. Some have guns that cost what I've payed for cars. Buying expensive junk and calling it our hobby is just normal.

This is the reason why women wear makeup and we don't. Imagine a man doing his nails: First, the sanding. Then filler followed by more sanding. Next would come primer, more sanding, and a base coat. Lastly, several coats of clear would have to be sprayed on and polished to a deep shine. Wax would be necessary to protect the finish, of course. A trick job would take several weeks. Flames, racing strips, micro-portraits of loved ones. Good god, we'd probably have "nail shows" with anual final events.

Our nature is to complicate everything we like in the name of improvement. Any man who doesn't get into this should have his testosterone checked. Really.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

PS- I love my CheatIR. Its the best toy i've bought since getting that damned Dremel that I never ever ever use ;P

<font face="Courier New">
&nbspBaldieJr
_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.
Whiners don't play vulchers
(er, winners)
</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Sorry Bearcat, I couldn't resist /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

So why not buy every stinking fly-toy you can find? Are we not men? I mean, as men, don't we go overboard with all our hobbies? Is it not the nature of man to take something simple, and complicate the hell out of it? Motorize, electronicate, add winky-blinkers and call it "ours"!

When I think of all the past-times I've had over the years, the last thing I remember is the price of all the toys. It's always "Man, I sure had fun with all that stuff! Where did I put it?".

I don't know which excites me more: playing with the toys, or researching The Next Big Thing. With online stores, online catalogs, and USER REVIEWS every where, we're talking about MAN HEAVEN.

I can waste days looking at new gear while imagining the possibities! When I finally do make my purchse, oh boy am I pumped! Give me a nice thick manual and some fresh batteries... nothing makes me happier.

Just thinking about it makes me want to order a new motherboard right now: A GOOD one (but affordable, of course).

I've got a friend that dumps all his money into a beat up old hot-rod. Another has a boat that ALWAYS costs. Several friends are all-out geeks with 900 computers stuffed in thier closets. Some have guns that cost what I've payed for cars. Buying expensive junk and calling it our hobby is just normal.

This is the reason why women wear makeup and we don't. Imagine a man doing his nails: First, the sanding. Then filler followed by more sanding. Next would come primer, more sanding, and a base coat. Lastly, several coats of clear would have to be sprayed on and polished to a deep shine. Wax would be necessary to protect the finish, of course. A trick job would take several weeks. Flames, racing strips, micro-portraits of loved ones. Good god, we'd probably have "nail shows" with anual final events.

Our nature is to complicate everything we like in the name of improvement. Any man who doesn't get into this should have his testosterone checked. Really.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

PS- I love my CheatIR. Its the best toy i've bought since getting that damned Dremel that I never ever ever use ;P

<font face="Courier New">
&nbspBaldieJr
_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.
Whiners don't play vulchers
(er, winners)
</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 08:50 AM
I felt like a kid again when the components for my new rig arrived this morning. I was so pumped I started unwrapping the packages before even signing the receipt form! The Purolator guy had to physically restrain me from clambering on to the van after him to get the remaining packages! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Alas, work dictates that I cannot upgrade right away but I've already flipped through every damn manual and cross-referenced every last serial number! Did you know they made Pentium 4's in Costa Rica? I was hoping for a Malay part for the overclock potential, and the OCZ RAM, well it... *bunch of geek-talk you really don't want to hear*

<hr width="400">Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their
shoes!
http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg (http://www.jagdgeschwader1.com)