PDA

View Full Version : Couple more newb questions.

DaLast_Samurai
06-26-2017, 05:43 PM
Few more questions I didn't have answered in my first post on this forum.

So I thought once I start getting purple gear, I want to upgrade all that, and I will eventually get to gold status on my gear.
But then I read on here that you actually get gold gear at a certain rep.

But mostly before that I read their is no such thing as gold gear, only gold status when you upgrade your purple gear enough.
Which is true?

What does the term "nerf" mean on here?
I'm confused reading threads about revenge "nerfing"

Last question from a one week newb here about Orochi, my favorite character.

I've come to understand that he has a more limited skill set than the other assassins and can be very predictable.

Do you think he would be too skilled and unfair if he was made to be the only assassin who wasn't limited by reflex defense?
Man, do I wish I could mix in some more parry blocks with him rather than almost exclusively rely on dodging.

Oh, and I can only seem to login to this forum from my laptop.
I get a login error from my Android every time, with the same exact login.
Is there a reason for this?

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Okay I can answer a couple of these.

At first in For Honor there was no actual Gold gear, only Purple. However when you reached the maximum gearscore possible with your purple gear, the number 108 turned Gold. This led people to talk about 'Gold' gear and confused a whole load of other people who then thought there were Gold items. There were not. Now that changed in Season 2. Now there are Gold items. Another change is that when you have maximum gearscore now, the number 144 turns blue.

This chart shows you at what Rep you can get the different gear tiers, and how it changed from Season 1 to Season 2:

https://i.redd.it/6a1uql8606wy.jpg

As for nerf, that means reducing in power. An overpowered (too strong) character needs a nerf (to be toned down) while an underpowered one needs a buff.

DaLast_Samurai
06-26-2017, 06:03 PM
So, with the gold gear.
I can replace all my eventual purple gear with gold gear?

So I would want to pass on upgrading purple gear?

You guys are a great help on here, thanks.

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 06:05 PM
So, with the gold gear.
I can replace all my eventual purple gear with gold gear?

So I would want to pass on upgrading purple gear?

You guys are a great help on here, thanks.

Yep, exactly. From Rep 5 you start getting Gold gear and from Rep 7+ you only get Gold gear (see chart in my edit above)

Happy to help :)

Trbevis
06-26-2017, 06:05 PM
I also cant login from my phone via the forums, ive sent a supply ticket off but got them telling me it might be my browser ect, i only use my phone for internet browsing so i have to go onto ubisoft support, log in, then start a new tab for forums and it works fine that way 👍

bmason1000
06-26-2017, 06:10 PM
I use my phone exclusively for these forums. If you're not logged in there's a symbol that looks like a key at the top right of the page. I can only login if i do it from there. Even when it presents a page like "hey you're not logged in you should totally do that," the key is still at the top and it's still the only login that works for me.

bmason1000
06-26-2017, 06:12 PM
I don't mean the only thing i do with my phone is FH forums...i mean I'm only on the forums via phone haha. Jussst want to clear that up.

DaLast_Samurai
06-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Ah yes, the key works just fine.
Awesome!

Trbevis
06-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Corr bmason blatently has a seperate phone constantly logged onto the for honor forums and no other apps... ;) ;)

All serious though, that works sooo much better and faster then my method hahaha thank you