PDA

View Full Version : Quit penalty is useless and doesn't fix core problem.

mrmistark
06-26-2017, 03:07 PM
I don't know what other players stand points of rage quitting is, but for me personally I couldn't give two turds if you stayed or not, what I want is for it not to ruin the rest of my match. Cool, you "punished" the quitter, but when everyone else STILL gets rather consistently kicked when one player rages, we just played a whole game for nothing. Either FIX the game so that we may continue playing or give us the experience and loot we earned from the amount of game we played. Preferably do both. I'm not even asking for the full gold and xp here, just what we earned. It's the least you could do given the serious inconvenience of finding a new game just to get kicked because of another rager again. Yesterday I played a total of 4 full matches and 6 almost complete matches that I gained nothing from due to last minute quits and disconnects of other players. I completed two orders 6 times over yet had to keep playing because I never reached the end of the game.

bmason1000
06-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Orders completed mid match would be kinda neat. Like how achievements unlock automatically upon fulfillment, not when a round is over? Not only would this cut down on the issue you describe, but i think seeing that would be a little ego boost, make the rest of the round feel really good, make a player feel good about playing. Obviously the "complete x games" doesn't work but the kill, execution, revive orders completing mid match could be just enough to keep a player in a good mood.

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Orders completed mid match would be kinda neat. Like how achievements unlock automatically upon fulfillment, not when a round is over? Not only would this cut down on the issue you describe, but i think seeing that would be a little ego boost, make the rest of the round feel really good, make a player feel good about playing. Obviously the "complete x games" doesn't work but the kill, execution, revive orders completing mid match could be just enough to keep a player in a good mood.

You sure that wouldn't just make people quit the second they got their order done if that's all they were playing the match for in the first place? That was my first though on reading this. I think the quit rate would increase astronomically, especially in the less popular modes.

UbiJurassic
06-27-2017, 01:52 AM
The quit penalty was not implemented to cover up the issues with match instability but rather to discourage players from habitually abusing the option to leave games. We know games can sometime seem one sided from the start or that perhaps you want to quickly re-queue to play with a friend, so we have the 30 second grace window at the start of the match for those scenarios. We know that match stability is still a large, relevant issue for some players and the team still regards the issue as a top priority. Each patch that is released contains small fixes to the overall connectivity, but we are still looking to release larger patches, such as patch 1.06, that are stability-focused.

In our last Warrior's Den, we did talk a little about the potential for XP gains after being disconnected. I wouldn't say it's impossible we could do the same for the orders as well. However, like everything else, developing those changes takes time. I'll be sure to forwards the suggestion though.

mrmistark
06-27-2017, 02:36 AM
The quit penalty was not implemented to cover up the issues with match instability but rather to discourage players from habitually abusing the option to leave games. We know games can sometime seem one sided from the start or that perhaps you want to quickly re-queue to play with a friend, so we have the 30 second grace window at the start of the match for those scenarios. We know that match stability is still a large, relevant issue for some players and the team still regards the issue as a top priority. Each patch that is released contains small fixes to the overall connectivity, but we are still looking to release larger patches, such as patch 1.06, that are stability-focused.

In our last Warrior's Den, we did talk a little about the potential for XP gains after being disconnected. I wouldn't say it's impossible we could do the same for the orders as well. However, like everything else, developing those changes takes time. I'll be sure to forwards the suggestion though.

Thank you for your reply. I also think completing orders in game would be nice, though I do agree when the last order is complete for the day everyone would quit. You'd have to implement something where you could only get the reward if it was found you didn't quit? Is that possible? That way genuine players that get kicked aren't punished and can gain the xp and loot rewards they earned while the quitters gain nothing for being a poor sport. Anyways, I appreciate the work you all do, I'm just impatient and admittedly the servers are much better but i just get salty when I worked hard to complete orders just to get kicked cause some jerk quit because they can't handle a hit to their irrelevant k/d ratio.

bmason1000
06-27-2017, 05:04 AM
You sure that wouldn't just make people quit the second they got their order done if that's all they were playing the match for in the first place? That was my first though on reading this. I think the quit rate would increase astronomically, especially in the less popular modes.
I suppose its possible, sure. I want to say "by the time you finish an order its probably far enough in blah blah might as well just finish yadda yadda yadda something about 30 seconds blah blah quit penalty," then i remembered this is an online game with human beings. Of course some people are going to be just absolutely awful. Maybe I'm just optimistic they'd be the minority?

Gray360UK
06-27-2017, 10:34 AM
I suppose its possible, sure. I want to say "by the time you finish an order its probably far enough in blah blah might as well just finish yadda yadda yadda something about 30 seconds blah blah quit penalty," then i remembered this is an online game with human beings. Of course some people are going to be just absolutely awful. Maybe I'm just optimistic they'd be the minority?

I'm quite an order driven player, it tends to be what makes me play half of the matches I play. Personally I wouldn't quit when my Order was completed, but I'm sure a lot of people would. I've seen people post about how much they hate certain modes and the only reason they play them is for the Orders. I've had games where I have 2 minions left to complete an order, or 1 more hero to kill, or 1 more execution, you get the idea. Obviously the quit penalty would come into play if you just kill your 2 minions and then quit, but there are ways around that. Maybe I am just a pessimist after too much time on these forums though ;)

BrainLessSolja
06-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Something really needs to be one about the connectivity issues. The only games I seem to have issues with are Ubisoft ones... In the past hour I played around a dozen games just to end up getting kicked from most. My last game I was 12-1 got kicked at the end.... and only WOULD have needed 2 more kills to complete my order, but when you DC you don't get any of your xp or credit... so the past hour for me has been a waste of my championship status now that I think about it.

Dhaleks
06-27-2017, 12:07 PM
The quit penalty was not implemented to cover up the issues with match instability

That is not a very accurate statement : for weeks devs have been claiming that LP would help with the stability issues in regards to connectivity...
It may have helped a bit for a while (but of course, if you don't address the root problems, you'll always have so-called "rage quitters", LP or not); but the introduction of the JIP feature (allowing people to join a lobby right after or before a session) completely cancelled what benefits the LP brought us.
Ever since it was enabled, sessions are now a constant fest of players leaving and joining, with multiple desyncs/resyncs ingame, and eventually one of those errors that kick you back to main menu. I couldn't find a single game without bots yesterday...

All the features added by new patches feel like they were blindly thrown in, without proprer testing. QA is a glaring issue in the dev process of this game : way too many fixes and changes from previous patches are uneffective, some issues are unaddressed since release (!).

I would very much like to know how exactly tests are being conducted. I read somewhere that in-house tests were LAN, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the indian testers use a similar set-up... So when exactly are the updates tested in real conditions, if they are at all? :confused:

Draghmar
06-27-2017, 12:19 PM
I would very much like to know how exactly tests are being conducted. [...] So when exactly are the updates tested in real conditions, if they are at all? :confused:
Soo...where are you from and how do you play? :D

Sorry., couldn't help myself. :P

Dhaleks
06-27-2017, 12:21 PM
D:
Oh shoot, I always forget : we are the testers!

Archimediss
07-02-2017, 12:55 PM
i will keep saying this im forced to stay in a match with cheaters while you do nothing or little about them but punish the honorable players who dont want to be in the same game , I report and still quit harboring alot of lost time when its to bad i work for a living so have little enough spare time fix the bloody problems and get back to the no penalty

XxHunterHxX
07-02-2017, 01:07 PM
i will keep saying this im forced to stay in a match with cheaters while you do nothing or little about them but punish the honorable players who dont want to be in the same game , I report and still quit harboring alot of lost time when its to bad i work for a living so have little enough spare time fix the bloody problems and get back to the no penalty

To not ghet the 10 min penalty when you wana leave a game just End Task the game from task manager and restart it....problem solved....90% of people do it why not you ? i have a job to i know what you mean but for now i was free for a month and all i did was power up all my caracters to prestige 7 afther il quit the game thill season 3 since im just done with all this mess of a game each update breaks the game more...

If they wold give steel/xp boost for playing multiple games people wold stop rage quiting....and keep playing more games without requeing again to keep the xp/steel buff....but its like ubi gives 0 ****s about our feedback all they ir interested is to break the game more so people wold stop playing it so they dont deliver on the season pass ? i dont know....rather then having a penalty for leaving the game...give us a reward for staying in the game LOL

This...