PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Armour/Uninterruptible Interrupted by Unblockables

nufrancis
06-26-2017, 12:10 PM
As the Title said, my case was when I use Kensei's Untirruptible Heavy it gets interrupted by Centurion's Kick and also Shinobi's kick. Still found no case with other hero or other heroes moves, havent tried/notice yet. Is this normal?? or something needs to be fixed?

Existentialmeme
06-26-2017, 12:38 PM
I've mentioned this to them before and they said they'll "Look into it". ( this as in uninterruptible VS Unblockable knockbacks)

That was about a month ago.

They give unblockable knockbacks too much power, characters without it is so much weaker than ones with it

Draghmar
06-26-2017, 01:01 PM
Hm...Which Kensei's attack is untirruptible? Because I always thought they are unblockable which means they can be parried or interrupted in various of ways.

kweassa1
06-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Hm...Which Kensei's attack is untirruptible? Because I always thought they are unblockable which means they can be parried or interrupted in various of ways.

Side heavy finishers that sweep horizontally. That and the ZA.

Frankly speaking, OP is on the right track.

UI needs to be respected even by UBs, as a cardinal rule. For some classes that don't have the spammable initiating UBs, UIs are sometimes the only method to combat it... except UB spams defeat UI too... like, wut?

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 01:13 PM
In the live update a few weeks back they said they were making Helm Splitter and Swift Strike uninterruptible on block. I assume that means what it says, on block. So anything else would still interrupt those moves. The other Kensei attacks are unblockable though, not uninterruptible, as far as I know (don't play Kensei much).

Existentialmeme
06-26-2017, 01:21 PM
In the live update a few weeks back they said they were making Helm Splitter and Swift Strike uninterruptible on block. I assume that means what it says, on block. So anything else would still interrupt those moves. The other Kensei attacks are unblockable though, not uninterruptible, as far as I know (don't play Kensei much).

Not what we're talking about on here. Think we're more focused on moves that give you hyper-armor, where you'll see your character flash white

Draghmar
06-26-2017, 01:25 PM
Ok, now I understand where the confusion comes from. Description is made in a way that suggest hyper armor on side finishers. To be honest I don't know what Ubi meant with those attacks. Top Heavy finisher is 'only' UB, which means it can be parried or interrupted. But as for the side...they definitively can be blocked. I wonder if other UB moves (not attacks) can interrupt Kensei's side finisher? The easiest to observe would be LB with his Shove...but most classes needs some action in order to make move like that so it's hard to time it properly. Warlod with his headbutt?

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 01:26 PM
Not what we're talking about on here. Think we're more focused on moves that give you hyper-armor, where you'll see your character flash white

How is that not what we are talking about on here when the OP is talking specifically about playing Kensei? :rolleyes:

kweassa1
06-26-2017, 01:29 PM

Woopsie, you got that mistaken Gray. The "uninteruptable" they are talking about there is how those two skills now ignore the "superior light block" properties given to normal block -- as in you can continue combo attacks even when those 2 skills are blocked. It's not about the UI.

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Woopsie, you got that mistaken Gray. The "uninteruptable" they are talking about there is how those two skills now ignore the "superior light block" properties given to normal block -- as in you can continue combo attacks even when those 2 skills are blocked. It's not about the UI.

Ah okay, thanks Kweassai. That will teach me not to talk about characters I don't really play ;)

Nestramutat
06-26-2017, 01:54 PM
The kensei has only one true uninterruptible attack, top unblockable heavy shifted/feinted into a side heavy.

If that attack is interrupted by something, then its a bug.

MasterChiefPON
06-26-2017, 02:02 PM
The kensei has only one true uninterruptible attack, top unblockable heavy shifted/feinted into a side heavy.

In fact every Kensei's side heavy finisher is uninterruptable, it doesn't need to come from the top unblockable soft feint.
Also zone attack is untinterruptable too.

I don't mind that much that unblockables can interrupt untinterruptable moves, what bothers me is that Centurion's charged heavy just ignore the untinterruptable property when it shouldn't.

kweassa1
06-26-2017, 02:03 PM

The cent charged heavy "pin" interrupts everything. I've not tried Demon's Embrace or Valk shield charge, but right timing and I bet it interrupts those too.

And it's not a bug. It's a feature -- a badly implemented one. at that.

Apparently the cent's "pinning stun" on charged heavies, even if it's the normal version, and not the UB one, just punches through any UI protection.

Nestramutat
06-26-2017, 02:13 PM
What happens when hyperarmor top heavy zerker meets hyper armor heavy attack warlord? Both attacks land and both take damage.

Every situation with UI tag on it should be handled like this, even if it leads to animation mishaps. Your kensei started UI side heavy but the cent pinned you? Make the cent eat the damage as well, even if it did not register visually. Who cares about realism, this game is as realistic as StarTrek anyway.

SirCorrino
06-26-2017, 02:13 PM
The cent charged heavy "pin" interrupts everything. I've not tried Demon's Embrace or Valk shield charge, but right timing and I bet it interrupts those too.

Apparently the cent's "pinning stun" on charged heavies, even if it's the normal version, and not the UB one, just punches through any UI protection.

If it's not a bug it's incredibly bad design. Nothing else to say about it. If they don't rework it that just shows a general lack of design competence on the team.

Nestramutat
06-26-2017, 02:17 PM

It interrupts demons embrace, I've seen it done.
I dont think it can interrupt valks shield charge, since valk gets block on all sides when doing that. Unless centurions heavy comes after a combo and its UB. I think.

Existentialmeme
06-26-2017, 03:35 PM
How is that not what we are talking about on here when the OP is talking specifically about playing Kensei? :rolleyes:

Helm Splitter and Swift Strike does not get interrupted on block is very different than attacks that give you hyper-armor.
Helm Splitter and Swift Strike and be interrupted by attacks while uninterruptible attacks cannot (Edit: Not quite true anymore since season 2)

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 03:42 PM
Helm Splitter and Swift Strike does not get interrupted on block is very different than attacks that give you hyper-armor.
Helm Splitter and Swift Strike and be interrupted by attacks while uninterruptible attacks cannot (Edit: Not quite true anymore since season 2)

Yeah with you now :)

Existentialmeme
06-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Yeah with you now :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nufrancis
06-26-2017, 07:38 PM
So guys, the point is?? Is this a bug or not? Is it supossed to be like that, UI lose to UB?

Really appreciate if admin can answer.