PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking Player Skill: Strict

Mia.Nora
06-26-2017, 03:15 AM
I dont ever remember getting a game with Matchmaking Player Skill:Strict. Like ever. It is pretty much always All Skill Levels, and sometimes Extended.

Yet in Warrior'd Den the devs said that Ranked Mode wont expand beyond Strict Skill level. Are those people in charge of decisions even aware how small remaining playerbase is? Ranked mode games will never launch for 4v4 modes if they do that. It will probably be even worse than current Skirmish queues.

And frankly Ranked Mode development would have been very meaningful and needed at the launch of the game, but with a few thousand players left it is such a huge waste of resources at this point, where Connectivity is still in serious need of fixing, as well as balance being total ****.

It feels like I took my car to mechanic because the brakes and engine is not working, and he is spending 4 weeks on putting a new paint job and chrome plated rims..

Nekhros79
06-26-2017, 10:15 AM
I agree 100% with you...
I never got a matchmaking Player Skill : strict either.
I don't understand that they are wasting ressources to create new problems (tournaments...) they won't be able to handle instead of resolving currents issues.
It's like they had a plan of actions and releases that has been decided 2 years ago and they follow it without any regards to the current state of the game.

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 11:40 AM
I think this is less and less likely to happen now with the lower population count, especially outside of peak hours. It used to happen a lot more often in the early days.

Draghmar
06-26-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't remember getting anything then All outside of Duel. And I'm from EU.

I said that some time ago - ranking mode will make population spread and it will be harder to find normal match. The same would be if they introduce some new game mode.

And why they work on it? I think they started working on it way before playerbase dropped so much, even if it was only prototype phase. So they want to finish that. Especially that they probably believe in getting more people into game by this. I wouldn't be so optimistic looking at peak at the S2 release but who knows. If they introduce even more guessing into game maybe some players from SF, MK or Tekken will come here looking for the fighting game FH is not.