PDA

View Full Version : About the valk and most spammable move in FH

Capoupacap
06-26-2017, 01:33 AM
First of all consider this feedback as coming from console meaning time for react being mush shorter (even in game mode)

Every body has complain once about certain spam in this game, we have seen it with LB, conqueror and Valk...i certainly forget some.

The valkiry light are so fast that the only way is to play defensive. Her recovery is so fast that after a block on light, you barely have time to do anything. If you manage to drain her stamina by blocking....the backward dodge is very far so she can stay out of danger.

she has a move that permit to make you fall, that's not really a big deal if you forget the really narrow timing to avoid it (console remember...). But what is really frustrating is that just when you stand up, she can land her shield bash or even go back to another move like it...

This specific situation has been fixed for the LB to bring a more mixup game, but have you consider these solutions?:

- Diminishing the backward step while without stamina.....would be fair for assassin too.

- Any hit while opponent on the floor doesn't count for a "special" combo start.

UbiNoty
06-26-2017, 01:40 AM
Ty for the feedback for valk. I'll definitely show it to the team, but I'm not sure if we've got any plans for valk changes in the near future since it may be that this problem is more prominent on consoles - so perhaps don't expect a response on it right away. However I'll still let them know and perhaps your suggestions will help them to appreciate the issues related to her spam.

Trbevis
06-26-2017, 01:49 AM
I also have a real issue with valk, on ps4, her attacks are just insanely quick, ive seen people on pc say about parrying her lights, yeah ok then, think ive done that once by accident... haha

Antonioj26
06-26-2017, 02:04 AM
I also have a real issue with valk, on ps4, her attacks are just insanely quick, ive seen people on pc say about parrying her lights, yeah ok then, think ive done that once by accident... haha

It's very much doable even on console, the deadzone slider has made it easier and even when I'm playing as her it's not uncommon for me to get parried.

Antonioj26
06-26-2017, 02:09 AM

It's very much doable even on console, the deadzone slider has made it easier and even when I'm playing as her it's not uncommon for me to get parried.

That_guy44
06-26-2017, 03:13 AM
I was parrying Valkyrie lights consistently when going against a level 3 bot yesterday. It is very much possible.

Duuklah
06-26-2017, 03:58 AM
Valks are a joke in higher level play.. literally worthy of laughter.. Every one of her abilities is HIGHLY avoidable and very punishable. Just block ANY of her dash attacks for a free GB.. my lights get parried all the time.

try not moving your guard when you get shield bashed and then dodge..

Capoupacap
06-26-2017, 11:06 AM

While you will have issue parry her light (I mean if you succeed it, it's an exceptional move ;) ), blocking her attack will be much more easy if you set up your television on game mode.I had exactly the same issue with all fast lighter and this solution give me a total new dimension in this game.

Capoupacap
06-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Valks are a joke in higher level play.. literally worthy of laughter.. Every one of her abilities is HIGHLY avoidable and very punishable. Just block ANY of her dash attacks for a free GB.. my lights get parried all the time.

try not moving your guard when you get shield bashed and then dodge..

Duuklah things go another way on console and the objective of this patch is to avoid Spam without breaking this character that has to stay very quick.

The_B0G_
06-26-2017, 01:55 PM
I have trouble with valk as well, but after seeing posts about higher level players using her complaining about how she needs a buff because they can't land hits with her, I assumed its a case of git gud, I just need to work on my timing.

SikanderAzam
06-26-2017, 09:53 PM
As a Valk main, I understand your frustration on spamming the spear sweep (the one that knocks you down), but I have to be very blunt in your response. I don't mean to insult you, but I only spam this against lower skill level players that don't understand how easy it is to avoid. If they don't understand it then I use it and it's an easy way to get a kill on newer or lower level players. On higher level players I rarely even use it. Why? For two reasons. Firstly, the spear sweep is the final "move" in a chain of any three Valk moves. That means it isn't usable unless I've already had time to get off two previous moves, and a high level player has plenty of time to either block one of those two or walk away. Secondly, all you have to do to avoid it is to dodge backward. The range on it is MUCH shorter than you would think, and if you just backup then it won't connect.

Secondly, the Valk has HORRIBLE recovery time, I assure you that you're imagining it that she has fast recovery time. Her light attacks are fast, that's true. Her light spam is super annoying. But her recovery is awful. If you block one single light attack, you get a guaranteed gb on her--I know, because it's outrageous and I have to deal with it constantly. Basically I have to be perfect at all times or else any knowledgeable player will crush me any time I make a single mistake. This is actually Valk's one huge weakness is that you can punish her so easily because her recovery time is so awful. It's so bad that question whether it's a bug, because I usually am literally incapable of countering gbs. The window of punishment is just huge.

To recap, just step back to avoid her knockdown or block one of the first two in the chain. Most spammable? No, centurion's kick is also an unblockable knockdown, but it tracks you, lunges forward so you sometimes can't backup, and it requires no chain AND has FAR more damaging followups. As for her light spam, yes it's bad, but it is not any more spammable than, say, PK or really any other fast hero. And her recovery is so bad that unlike other fast heroes, all you have to do is block one single light attack and you have a guaranteed punishment against her. And I'm not exaggerating, I got her to prestige 6 before trying other characters, and now when I realize how ridiculously easy it is to punish her I'm seriously considering switching my main. Which hurts, because she's fun, but she just isn't feasible against any opponent that stays calm and is patient enough to wait for opportunities to counter and punish.

Capoupacap
06-27-2017, 12:03 AM
As a Valk main, I understand your frustration on spamming the spear sweep (the one that knocks you down), but I have to be very blunt in your response. I don't mean to insult you, but I only spam this against lower skill level players that don't understand how easy it is to avoid. If they don't understand it then I use it and it's an easy way to get a kill on newer or lower level players. On higher level players I rarely even use it. Why? For two reasons. Firstly, the spear sweep is the final "move" in a chain of any three Valk moves. That means it isn't usable unless I've already had time to get off two previous moves, and a high level player has plenty of time to either block one of those two or walk away. Secondly, all you have to do to avoid it is to dodge backward. The range on it is MUCH shorter than you would think, and if you just backup then it won't connect.

Secondly, the Valk has HORRIBLE recovery time, I assure you that you're imagining it that she has fast recovery time. Her light attacks are fast, that's true. Her light spam is super annoying. But her recovery is awful. If you block one single light attack, you get a guaranteed gb on her--I know, because it's outrageous and I have to deal with it constantly. Basically I have to be perfect at all times or else any knowledgeable player will crush me any time I make a single mistake. This is actually Valk's one huge weakness is that you can punish her so easily because her recovery time is so awful. It's so bad that question whether it's a bug, because I usually am literally incapable of countering gbs. The window of punishment is just huge.

To recap, just step back to avoid her knockdown or block one of the first two in the chain. Most spammable? No, centurion's kick is also an unblockable knockdown, but it tracks you, lunges forward so you sometimes can't backup, and it requires no chain AND has FAR more damaging followups. As for her light spam, yes it's bad, but it is not any more spammable than, say, PK or really any other fast hero. And her recovery is so bad that unlike other fast heroes, all you have to do is block one single light attack and you have a guaranteed punishment against her. And I'm not exaggerating, I got her to prestige 6 before trying other characters, and now when I realize how ridiculously easy it is to punish her I'm seriously considering switching my main. Which hurts, because she's fun, but she just isn't feasible against any opponent that stays calm and is patient enough to wait for opportunities to counter and punish.

Hey thanks for your reply ;)

First off all consider this post comes from a console player ( :'( ) and even I don't consider myself as a "high level" player I do know very well every character move set (meaning I passed days playing). Anyway.

The backward step (or even the side step) against the sweep certainly very easy on PC but on console we have a very (VERY) narrow timing to do it. That's not at all what I'm reporting because basically every single character of this roaster has this opportunity. And has you said, because it's a end combo move, I think it's normal that's a bit more "guaranteed" move.

The real issue I get with valk, but mostly with spammable move, is that you can chain it even on a opponent on the ground and in the specific case of the valkiry, it mean getting very quick back on the ground ;) On console you barely have no timing to go back on your feet.

About the side light, I suppose you mean the dodge light attack. Because simple side light doesn't give guaranteed GB (i'll double check this :p).

Anyway that's why I was making proposition about these spammable move that any hero can chain while opponent is on the ground. I don't think this would be a valk nerf, just remove a very frustrating situation from this game :)

AKDagriZ
06-27-2017, 01:49 AM
Hey thanks for your reply ;)

First off all consider this post comes from a console player ( :'( ) and even I don't consider myself as a "high level" player I do know very well every character move set (meaning I passed days playing). Anyway.

The backward step (or even the side step) against the sweep certainly very easy on PC but on console we have a very (VERY) narrow timing to do it. That's not at all what I'm reporting because basically every single character of this roaster has this opportunity. And has you said, because it's a end combo move, I think it's normal that's a bit more "guaranteed" move.

The real issue I get with valk, but mostly with spammable move, is that you can chain it even on a opponent on the ground and in the specific case of the valkiry, it mean getting very quick back on the ground ;) On console you barely have no timing to go back on your feet.

About the side light, I suppose you mean the dodge light attack. Because simple side light doesn't give guaranteed GB (i'll double check this :p).

Anyway that's why I was making proposition about these spammable move that any hero can chain while opponent is on the ground. I don't think this would be a valk nerf, just remove a very frustrating situation from this game :)

-If the second light connect while swiching guard,the sweep is almost guaranteed.They can't change her at this stage.Most people will block the second light .some parry the second light
.When you think of it there is only 3 possible direction to think of . If she hit with a light , there will be a second light.Valkyrie strive to connect 2 hit !

correction from SikanderAzam
-Only dash attack block lead to an untackable GB.
-One thing i agree is : ''Basically I have to be perfect at all times or else any knowledgeable player will crush me any time I make a single mistake.''
Valkyrie win her fightwith 50/50 side dash attacks , The hunter strike attack