PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

seek-
06-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Hey! Been looking at this game for awhile now... Is it worth it on Steam sale for $40? I would like to play the singleplayer campaign too.:confused:

cragar212
06-25-2017, 04:12 PM
I'd wait unti it gets cheaper wont be long. Doesnt crack 2,000 active players on steam even

MetalDevil19
06-25-2017, 04:33 PM
but lets not forget not everyone uses steam to launch it. steam charts aren't that reliable.

RatedChaotic
06-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Its a good game and fun to play if they can fix it. I'd wait a year after release. Since it takes that long for Ubi to gather and analyze their data. By then it should be good like The Division and R6S. Hell it may be a f2p title at that time and will be no loss to you.

RenegadeRasta
06-25-2017, 05:22 PM
No.

Dhaleks
06-25-2017, 05:35 PM
but lets not forget not everyone uses steam to launch it. steam charts aren't that reliable.

It's still a good amount of the player base : what happens on Steam probably reflects what happens on other platforms.

@OP : definitely NOT worth it. Season 1 was sort of fun, saison 2 is a mostly a fail.
There's also a good chance that you won't be able to enjoy or play half the game because of game-breaking glitches.

Tillo.
06-25-2017, 05:37 PM
No.
Campaign is not good, you don't get to play with all the heroes and the story line looks to have been scripted by a 5-year-old. All lines are basically "war".
Multiplier has serious connectivity and balance issues. It is the year 2017 and this title has pauses, synch and disconnections that will frustrate the hell outta you. 4v4 modes will DC 9 out of 10 times if not 10/10. The game is not new player friendly and the matchmaking sucks too. P2P simulation is the worst netcode ever written.
If you have a problem support and the forum mods will blame you instead of acknowledging their game is broken.
Playerbase has shrinked breaking records because of what I said above.
To sum up never buy anything from Ubisoft.

tbtsrjc
06-25-2017, 05:38 PM
Spend no more than $20 for it, that's how much it's worth to me. It's one of the most beautiful broken games you will ever play.

EDG_Avocado
06-25-2017, 06:02 PM
ofc this game is wurf. Game of the year !
This game surpassed league of legends in player count
jk this game is garbage. You will regret it gauranteed.
Ur decision to make the purchase though,

XxHunterHxX
06-25-2017, 10:26 PM
dont do it

SenBotsu893
06-25-2017, 10:37 PM
lol i gues all people that say "no dont buy it" are actually still playing it since they take the time to wander the forums.

despite all the negative replies id say give the game a go.
it has its flaws... quite a few at that to be honest.

But its the best option if you look for some good pvp swordfighting action.

PC player base seems to be low so if you want to play more people then id suggest getting a console version of the game.
im playing on ps4 and it feels pretty livley there.

Archeun
06-26-2017, 12:04 AM
Absolutely not. Do yourself a favor and buy a game that you will enjoy like Destiny 2. Ubisoft is intent in pumping out DLC while ignoring blatant game-breaking issues like network problems, matchmaking issues (you WILL be pitted against people with hundreds or thousands of hours of game play and they will destroy you) or the balancing problems. If the game was on sale for 5 bucks I'd say buy it but if it was 7.50, I'd wait.

EDG_Avocado
06-26-2017, 12:37 AM
Untrue honestly, before I bought this game I was on the forums, After i quit the game I am still on the forums. I just don't want to play a game that takes 1 hr to make a match.

The_Sentinel_
06-26-2017, 05:45 AM
if you can live with the constant disconnect problems this is one of the best games of medieval fighthing games I've ever seen.

It's your call whether to buy or not...

Lucifist666
06-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Worth it. Do it

guor6800
06-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Man with all due respect be careful. The game sucks from many perspectives. If you value your money don't even think about giving them to ubisoft. Look for another game or wait until season 3 in for honor. Right now is a total waste of your 40.

Gastgrinder
06-26-2017, 07:39 AM
Players only want to persuade you to buy them so they do not have to wait 10 minutes to find a match.
You will regret it, do not.
Ubi has failed, For Honor will die.

Mia.Nora
06-26-2017, 08:39 AM
If you are ok with an online multiplayer game that works half the time.. then yea sure. Go for it.

DrExtrem
06-26-2017, 09:56 AM
It depends on how much you can take.

Really. This game was not even beginner friendly, when it shipped in February and it certainly did not get easier. The story is ok - but mass effect three basically killed all possible expectations i once had in a story line. The first chapter is the best one, followed by chapter two. Chapter three was cringe worthy.

The matchmaker is horrible and pits you against whoever is available. Additionally, heroes are selected after the matchmaking. This concept works for other games but in this game, it is disastrous.

Heroes balance is not getting better either and some heroes, while being pretty balanced on PC, are too strong on consoles.

This brings me to the next big issue. The platforms. PC and consoles have the sane balancing but consoles have technical restrictions, that make several balance decisions problematic. Parrying light attacks is far easier to achieve on PC, than on console. The problem is, that the balancing of the game with takes it as given, that light attacks are equally easy to parry.

The combat system however, is highly addictive.

Dude_of_Valor
06-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Like DrExtrem said the combat system is very good and a really nice take on a fighting game.

There is a steep learning curve to For Honor, and it is not totally new player friendly (especially on PC as people are able to react much quicker).

The story line I would say is about as good as any COD story line. That said it is probably the best way to become familiar with the game mechanics.

If you love fighting games, and are happy to loose a lot in order to become better then you will enjoy the game. However if you find yourself become frustrated when playing a game, do not buy it as this game can cause a lot of frustration.

Also connection for the game is more stable in 1v1 and 2v2 than the 4v4 game modes.

Overall, $40 is probably too much considering the games current issues but if you are like me and sink many hours into a game, then it will work out as very cheap entertainment.

Trbevis
06-26-2017, 10:27 AM
I dont understand why all these people saying no dont get it are on the forums still? If you hate it that match stop playing it and go elsewhere, plenty of other games are out, and if you have stopped playing the game, but still go onto the forums to moan you really need to rethink your life hahahha! Christ stop taking to the time out of your miserable life to try and influence others to your thinking.

Its a great game, with some flaws, its a unique game so if it interests you why not, if it turns out you dont enjoy it trade it in, not a big deal.

DrExtrem
06-26-2017, 11:31 AM
I dont understand why all these people saying no dont get it are on the forums still? If you hate it that match stop playing it and go elsewhere, plenty of other games are out, and if you have stopped playing the game, but still go onto the forums to moan you really need to rethink your life hahahha! Christ stop taking to the time out of your miserable life to try and influence others to your thinking.

Its a great game, with some flaws, its a unique game so if it interests you why not, if it turns out you dont enjoy it trade it in, not a big deal.

First:
Please watch your tone.

Second:
You are not the "life-police" and don't decide how we are allowed to waste our time.

Third:
He asked for opinions and experiences. Negative experiences are as value, as positive ones.

Fourth:
Suppressing facts and issues is the worst thing a community can do. This mindset blocks progression and enhancement.

Fifth:
I still play the game but far less frequent.

Gray360UK
06-26-2017, 11:36 AM
It is a really good game if you are the kind of person that can take being punished over and over and still come back for more. There will be many times when you will want to smash your controller / keyboard into the wall for one reason or another. You need to be a Dark Souls kind of person.

You will be having the game of your life on many occassions, turning the tide of an entire match, feeling like a legendary hero ... only to get an error, get disconnected or have your opponents(s) rage quit. You will be displaying your mastery of the combat system in a 1 on 1 fight and then get booted off a ledge or impaled on some spikes by someone who only knows how to press one button.

I liked the campaign and played it 3 times, increasing the difficulty each time. I had a goal of getting each character to at least Rep 1, and achieved that. I have 100's of hours of time played. I got more than my moneys worth and there are more Seasons to come of course.

Claudius_Katt
06-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Personally I'd recommend it,.

Its probably my favourite game of the moment,

It has some connection issues when playing with other players, although they've improved drastically for myself since launch (although I play PS4 so may be different)
Also if you're buying on PC its important to note that the playerbase has dropped off substantially so PVP matches may take a while to find.
Balance at the moment is a bit top heavy,
Certain characters are quite obviously more powerful than others but once you find a character that feels right for you its not gamebreaking.

As for the positives,
The combat is the most fun I've had in ages, when you find a character you really enjoy It just feels right.
I play the game every night to relax after work with a few hours of PVE games earning steel and levelling up my favourite characters and if Matchmaking Is giving me issues I just turn it off and play solo,
The character development feels good as you earn XP at a fair pace and a new level up always feels like its just up ahead,
Steel earnings are fair too with an easy 800 up for grabs each day so saving up for stuff in game isnt out of the question and steel packs microtransactions are not necessary unless you really cant wait,
The Campaign mode is not the greatest of storylines but I found it to be enjoyable like a mindless action movie really,
Its a fair length and if you can grab a mate to join you Co-op is quite fun.

If you want a fun game to waste some time with and you're happy to play solo in campaign or up against bots I'd say buy it right now cause you'll love it.
If you want this exclusively for PVP and only PVP then you may want to look into it a bit further, borrow a copy from a friend if you can or at least hold off until season 3 to see if balance and connectivity issues improve.

Hope that helps.

Kaijudub
06-26-2017, 11:48 AM
It is a really good game if you are the kind of person that can take being punished over and over and still come back for more. There will be many times when you will want to smash your controller / keyboard into the wall for one reason or another. You need to be a Dark Souls kind of person.

You will be having the game of your life on many occassions, turning the tide of an entire match, feeling like a legendary hero ... only to get an error, get disconnected or have your opponents(s) rage quit. You will be displaying your mastery of the combat system in a 1 on 1 fight and then get booted off a ledge or impaled on some spikes by someone who only knows how to press one button.

I liked the campaign and played it 3 times, increasing the difficulty each time. I had a goal of getting each character to at least Rep 1, and achieved that. I have 100's of hours of time played. I got more than my moneys worth and there are more Seasons to come of course.

This many many times over.

If you care, the game will definitely get under your skin. If you don't care so much you will have fun either way.