PDA

View Full Version : Heroes VII gameplay.

Mallowpuffs1
06-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm curious as to what Heroes is closest to Heroes VII in terms of gameplay, specifically battles. I pre ordered Heroes VI for the full price only to be completely disappointed in the battles. I don't know how to describe it.. I know VI wasn't a great game, but out of all of it's problems, my #1 reason(by far) for never really playing it was that.

It has to do with the damage calculations I guess. I don't even remember what I hated, I think it was that the battles were to slow and the larger creatures got absolutely destroyed although it could have been the other way around.

In my dream world, the battles would play out EXACTLY like Heroes V. I still play V with my friends via hotseat every week, it is my favorite Heroes right beside III.

Does that make sense?

I'm planning on buying it from steam for $17 and getting a refund if I hate it. But I'd rather know if the battles are just like VI first because in that case I won't even try it.

Thanks.

RobvD84
07-05-2017, 02:13 PM
I don't know if you bought it yet, but i strongly advice not to buy it. Not is it only a not finished game (even worse then 6), it still has game breaking bugs. Also support for the game stopped right after the exansion.

Having that said. If you look for something close like H5, this game will be a dissapointment. Not only are the graphics ugly (actually it's more the style they used that is ugly), it doesn't really feel like a improvement from H6. It feels almost the same as H6, the only difference is the "skillwheel", that resembles the H5 skillwheel. But is still not really that good. And depending on what video card you are using, it can give you some problems.

I sitll play H2-5 from time to time and i still love them. But i just can't stand H6 and H7, even if i try them from time to time.

The only thing i can give as advice is to watch some gameplay and see if there is anything that you like. And judge from that. Otherwise look at steam reviews, they already tell a lot about the game.