PDA

View Full Version : We will see more about Eden on AC Origins ?

RA503
06-25-2017, 12:24 PM
Yes,I know Eden is on Kilimanjaro on Tanzania far from Egypt,but will be interesting now that we know from Titan comics that Juno want to create a new Eden,what do you think ?

XavierSaviour
09-15-2017, 04:14 AM
I've always been disappointed with Ubisoft for introducing Eden and that area in "The Truth" video and we never heard anything about about it.

I'd love for there to either be a game or gameplay based on Eden.
Assassin's Creed: First Civilisation or Assassin's Creed: Eden

Either way...I'm very doubtful about seeing more in Eden. It would be great since this is AC: Origins and we are seeing the first assassin and the basics of the eagle vision (an actual eagle), and so it would be nice to see the origins of Eden and Eve.

Just to show us fans that Eden is canon and something they haven't forgotten about. It would be great if Assassin or modern day gameplay revolves around making a journey to Eden and finding Eve.

VestigialLlama4
09-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Yes,I know Eden is on Kilimanjaro on Tanzania far from Egypt,but will be interesting now that we know from Titan comics that Juno want to create a new Eden,what do you think ?

If Ubisoft want to show or deal with Eden they might.

But consider that "Eden" as it is was part of a single collectible Side-Mission in a game on the last generation console. Right now, Ubisoft want to make a game that appeals to the widest audience possible. What reason would they have to alienate them by making arcane references that only a few would get?

And you know, the concept of "Eden" would be very weird to use in ORIGINS. For one thing it's a concept that largely has meaning to Abrahamic Faiths. The game is set some 150 years before Christianity came into existence. At this time you have Judaism which is largely based in Judea. Around the time of ORIGINS, Judea would be occupied by Rome, and while some Jews would be there in Alexandria and parts of Egypt at this time, Judaism as a religion is a non-proselytizing faith, so it's unlikely Eden would be a concept they would impart or share with non-Jews like Bayek of Siwa.

Since the game is set in Ancient Egypt and among Egyptians and it's set to explore Egyptian culture, it would be quite weird and offensive to bring Eden into it. Especially to observant religious Jews, who would not want to be associated with an idolatrous polytheistic faith.

That's the big danger Ubisoft face with trying to lean too hard into Adam and Eve and the First Civ. Doing it in small doses and semi-cutscenes nobody will see is one thing, making it part of the game, needs a lot of guts because it will directly invite the opinions of religious people. Ken Levine tried to do that with BIOSHOCK INFINITE and that didn't quite work well for him either.

dxsxhxcx
09-15-2017, 11:25 AM
I don't know if they'll explore Eden in Origins but I hope they do in the future, I mean where more would they go after we deal with Juno? Another one of TWCB wanting our head after Juno would be lame and I'm certainly not interested in playing virtual Indiana Jones and just track down PoEs for the sake of it (that's what they should've done from AC4 to ACS while they wrote Juno's plot with a decent MD instead of dragging that out for 4 games or 5 since I doubt we'll deal with her in Origins).

SofaJockey
09-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Look like a modern office complex...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbqxj8m1lom57up/Screenshot%202017-09-15%2016.09.08.png?raw=1

darklion2043
09-15-2017, 04:22 PM
AC 2 Truth video right?

Sorrosyss
09-15-2017, 08:29 PM
One of the stated aims of the Phoenix Project is to reach Eden in an Animus. Its coming in my view, but perhaps not for Origins.